Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Nedlands will establish a training base in Northern Suburbs

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Would that be with spaces between commas and words and between words and open brackets?
    By fizzer I assume you mean dope - heh heh
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    beam me up Scottie

Champion
    vCash
    Meanwhile this of course popped up in an earlier post and nobody worried about it. Yet.

EXCITING JUNIOR NEWS - ELLENBROOK EXTENSION
    The pathway for our Juniors is of upmost importance for the growth and future of our club, to this end we now can announce that Perth-Bayswater Rugby Union Club in 2014 will be commencing Junior rugby training in Ellenbrook.

Has anyone done a quick check on the number of parents driving their kids from Ellenbrook to Wanneroo. Quite a few I suspect. Is it THAT much closer to P-B.
    Looks like the gloves are off, the floodgates have opened and any other well used cliche can come on board.
    Let the battles begin.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    When too much rugby is barely enough? It's gonna be a loooong winter!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    beam me up Scottie
    ........Oh yes! Very f@ cking funny Scotty. Now can you kindly beam my f#cking uniform up as well!!

An oldie, I admit. But still a goodie.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I have heard on very good authority that Pieter Blackie and several others wearing Wanneroo Rugby club T shirts were seen late this afternoon at Mount Claremont reserve putting up rugby goal posts ...

vCash
    Lol, they need to set up a junior training facility in Bertram, it's not like we're overpopulated with rugby clubs down this way!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    You forget that Wannero rugby club has moved at least 3 times in the last 30 - 35 years without ever attaining RugbyWA approval or any regard for what other clubs thought at the time.
    Oh dear. I thought you knew something about local rugby. What utter dribble. Please tell me where and when these moves are supposed to have taken place.
    You didn't know Wanneroo rugby club were originally from Stirling and have progressively moved further north over the years?
    There you are, your research has a starting point.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    you have no idea wat goes on at Junior rugby have you. I have not been part of the WAJRU for the biggest part of 2013 also no one said that the WAJRU is opposing growing numbers as a matter of fact in the 3 years I was an executive on the WAJRU numbers grew from around 3000 to more than 4000 in 2013, but the WAJRU cant take all the credit for this Joondalup and Wanneroo have been promoting recruiting and developing the game in the Northern suburbs(and a lot of other clubs in the rest of the Metro) in and off season. Stay in your area and work with what you have.

I ask the question again (that I have been asking since 2007) A question that none of the inner city clubs wants to answer, discus debate or consider.

Why don't clubs like Nedlands and Uni, Cottesloe and Assosiates that all struggle for Junior numbers sit down together and work on a plan to ensure all juniors in the inner area have team to play for. I know of various players that did not play this year due to clubs refusing to form barbarian teams with each other.
    Why dont they join forces and that way grow rugby No the would rather set up shop on the other side of the fence where Joondalup and Wanneroo have been working hard fertilizing the grass for quite a few years now.....
    An attempt at deflecting the point by focus shift. You keep stating that starting up more opportunities for juniors to play rugby is bad for Wanneroo. The real question is Why is it bad for Wanneroo? There is potential there for Wanneroo to gain some of these players in the future if they look for senior clubs. Also all clubs recruit and develop juniors where possible not just Wanneroo and Joondalup.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    The increase in junior playing numbers has more to do with rugbywa, and not the WAJRU, spending hundreds of thousands of dollars sending development officers and Force players to schools all around Perth, Force fan days and the money spent on media advertisement programmes. WAJRU has been almost non existent in any of these areas.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    You didn't know Wanneroo rugby club were originally from Stirling and have progressively moved further north over the years?
    There you are, your research has a starting point.

Not quite right.
    Originally there were the Sorrento, Stirling and Wanneroo clubs.
    The former WARU ordered mergers over a number of years and Wanneroo actually moved SOUTH from the Showgrounds to Kingsway to become Wanneroo Districts. Nothing to do with RugbyWA nor not having permission.
    Research?.

Last edited by wholetruth; 18-01-14 at 12:03.

Player
    vCash
    Dear Wholetruth
    So after having said to NTT
    "Please tell me where and when these moves are supposed to have taken place." You now agree that Wanneroo did change locations...
    Could you also explain this from the Wanneroo website please...
    "...The nineties saw the club have varied success until 1997 when the First Grade won both the Minor and Major Premierships, the Second Grade playing in the Grand Final and the Third Grade also making the finals. Since then we have regularly made finals across the grades...."

Champion
    vCash
    Dear Wholetruth
    So after having said to NTT
    "Please tell me where and when these moves are supposed to have taken place." You now agree that Wanneroo did change locations...
    Could you also explain this from the Wanneroo website please...
    "...The nineties saw the club have varied success until 1997 when the First Grade won both the Minor and Major Premierships, the Second Grade playing in the Grand Final and the Third Grade also making the finals. Since then we have regularly made finals across the grades...."

i)Wanneroo changed location....No "s"
    ii) The old District Competition I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    Interesting reading, to the people who support what we are trying to do I thank you.
    Also thanks for the free advertising
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I noticed you completely failed to address any of the comments about your bottom

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Now things will heat up. Nedlands putting out roadsigns around the northern suburbs I hear. So much for a place just for the kids of their players to kick a ball around.
    Watch out. Nedlands-North to be the new club

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast