Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Italy vs Wallabies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    What improved scrum as per Rugby 365 match report:

Villain: This one is very easy. It goes, yet again, to the Wallaby front row - which remain as frail as ever and they are fortunate referee Glen Jackson was so clueless or they could have had more penalties and even a card or two...
    I find Alain Rolland pedantic but he showed some balls to give the Welsh loose-head and Saffa tight-head simultaneous yellow cards so there was 10 minutes of uncontested scrums...

What a great feast of international rugby this weekend!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    What improved scrum as per Rugby 365 match report:

Villain: This one is very easy. It goes, yet again, to the Wallaby front row - which remain as frail as ever and they are fortunate referee Glen Jackson was so clueless or they could have had more penalties and even a card or two.
    Because rugby journalists are known for being accurate and factual??
    Australia's scrum held its own, any rugby follower without a predetermined opinion will support that.

vCash
    Well, I think Australia's scrum were helped by either a very clumsy attempt to milk penalties or a completely underwhelming starting front row selected by Italy. Once the replacements came on things changed qute significantly and Simmons was still there.

That being said, Simmons wasn't atrocious today, he was his usual self. Pretty good in the lineouts, passable in scrummaging and a bit of a waste of space around the field. Probably not exactly what you want out of a 6 but it didn't hurt too much.

I just hate his pointless, ineffective and clumsy niggle around the field, but he wasn't the only forward who was passable but not outstanding yesterday.

Gill looked a lot more effective in the pilfer than Hooper if that counts for anything.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    I find Alain Rolland pedantic but he showed some balls to give the Welsh loose-head and Saffa tight-head simultaneous yellow cards so there was 10 minutes of uncontested scrums...
    Wasn't that an interesting piece of reffing? He warns the two opposing props that they'll both get a yellow for consistent offences. Then South Africa subs their prop. He issues the same warning to the new Bok prop and the scrum goes straight down again. I thought by simple deduction, the common denominator would then be the Welsh prop?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Yeah, I thought the same and so did the Saffa prop by the look on his face..

vCash
    Great for HB.. great for EWF.. Who would have the balls to tackle him once he eyes the white chalk with that look on his face..woe betide anyone who gets in his way.. Bless!!! Bless! Bless!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    It just proves that it is definitely not the badger's fault that he has a pretty poor try scoring record for the force. I was more impressed in the try he set up for Kurindrani. I think Tomane is pretty good as well so we are building some good depth in the backs especially when Speight becomes eligible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2