Thread: Turner returns from injury nightmare

Senior Player
    vCash

Turner returns from injury nightmare

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...ury-nightmare/

The frustration of four injury-ravaged seasons has driven gutsy Western Force scrum-half Justin Turner to reignite his career.

After three major operations and a fourth serious injury to his right knee, all before his 23rd birthday, Turner could have been forgiven for taking a very early retirement.

But throwing in the towel was never an option for Turner, who was rated one of Australia's brightest young talents before the curse struck, and he is back training with the Force.

He damaged the anterior cruciate ligament playing for Australia in the 2010 world junior championships and tore it again seven months later in Force pre-season.

In March 2012 he damaged the medial ligament playing against the Melbourne Rebels and in September last year tore the anterior again, playing for Eastwood in the Shute Shield.

Turner managed 10 appearances for the Force since his 2010 debut.

"It feels unreal to be back with the boys, back in the professional environment," Turner said. "It's been a long time on the sidelines.

"I've had a tough run and a bit of bad luck but hopefully that is the end of it. The knee is feeling really good, I'm pretty much into full training and so far so good.

"There have been a few dark days and moments when you doubt yourself and wonder whether it is worth coming back, whether it is worth going through it all again, but I'm still hungry. I still feel I've got a lot to offer."

After the last injury, coach Michael Foley wanted Turner to stay in the Force program and he became a rugby development officer.

"The effort he has put in has been second to none," Foley said. "He has had to do an enormous amount of work by himself."

·Former coach Laurie Fisher has been made Brumbies director of rugby and former Wallaby Stephen Larkham is the club's new coach.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    hopefully he stays injury free this year!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    It would be great if Justin Turner could get fit and take over the spot left open when Alby Mathewson eventually moves on.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Senior Player
    vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTJob...ature=youtu.be

JT talking about being back at the force