AAP,
The West Australian
October 15, 2013, 10:18 am

One-Test Wallaby Luke Morahan hopes his move to the Western Force will help catapult him back onto the international stage.

Morahan played his one and only Test back in 2012, when the Wallabies suffered a shock 9-6 loss to Scotland in Newcastle.

The 23-year-old notched 46 Super caps for Queensland over five years, but felt he needed a change in scenery in order to reach his potential.

The powerful utility back, who can play either fullback, wing or outside centre, is hoping a solid season for the Force will help him achieve his dream of becoming a Wallabies regular.

"I've been there (at the Reds) since I started my rugby career," Morahan said.

"So I needed to get out and learn from different coaches and different players ... and try to get to that next level and stay there.

"I think where I can do that is here at the Force."

Morahan's greatest rugby moment came while playing for the Reds against the British and Irish Lions earlier this year.

After marking a high kick in defence, Morahan shook off two tacklers and completed a brilliant chip-and-chase in his 75m solo try.

He also unleashed two try-saving tackles in the match.

Morahan described his performance as a "pretty good night", and said he gained massive belief out of his try.

"Doing something like that against a high-quality team like the Lions, you can't help but take confidence from it," he said.

Morahan hopes dumped Wallaby James O'Connor will join him in the Force's backline next season.

"He has the ability to turn the game or create something from nothing," Morahan said.

The Force started pre-season training on Monday, but Hugh McMeniman (shoulder), Kyle Godwin (shoulder) and Nathan Charles (knee) are on limited duties while they recover from reconstructive surgeries.

Force coach Michael Foley expects all three to be available for the Force's season opener against the Waratahs in Sydney on February 23.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...-to-wallabies/