Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Dispensations?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

More Dispensations?

I've heard a rumour (people should really be more circumspect when discussing matters in coffee shops) that Cott have decided to jump on the dispensation bandwagon and have asked to be allowed to play Brett Shehan in the grand final against Nedlands.

As far as I'm aware he is neither registered for nor has he played a single game this year for Cottesloe.

I wonder how many others are in the pipeline.

In principle I will be offended were dispensation to be granted, but I can't really get very upset about it, given that their grand final opponents, Nedlands apparently find nothing wrong with the concept, if the forceful views expressed by their immediate past president on this website to this effect are any indication.

I doubt if even the Pope has received as many requests for dispensation as RugbyWA have this year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I've heard a rumour (people should really be more circumspect when discussing matters in coffee shops) that Cott have decided to jump on the dispensation bandwagon and have asked to be allowed to play Brett Shehan in the grand final against Nedlands.

As far as I'm aware he is neither registered for nor has he played a single game this year for Cottesloe.

I wonder how many others are in the pipeline.

In principle I will be offended were dispensation to be granted, but I can't really get very upset about it, given that their grand final opponents, Nedlands apparently find nothing wrong with the concept, if the forceful views expressed by their immediate past president on this website to this effect are any indication.

I doubt if even the Pope has received as many requests for dispensation as RugbyWA have this year.
    Not sure this one would come off. Cotts 9 is in the Force set up already think they might rather he play then Sheehan.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    We shall see, Grasshopper.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Not sure this one would come off. Cotts 9 is in the Force set up already think they might rather he play then Sheehan.
    After watching the game on Saturday the 10 from cott was not walking freely so maybe they have sheenan in to run at 10.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    From what I've been told clubs have until Noon on the Wednesday before the game to lodge a claim for dispensation so by now all applications would have been lodged (unless the CEO waives this competition rule for Cott).

Not sure how long Rugby WA have to make their decision and what process it goes through.

Word on the street is that the CEO has bolted overseas this week so perhaps this Sheehan request might not be rubber stamped.

Wonder if there are any more surprises in store?

vCash
    Lets get dispensation and get someone or something inserted into Rugby WA. Someone with brains, or a large object without any lube!

vCash
    After talks last night on this topic. I believe this will be the last year this situation will arise. Sorry for commenting on this side of the forum.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Apology accepted.

Now back to your side of the fence.

"After talks last night on this topic. I believe this will be the last year this situation will arise. "

That's what they said after Browngate.

Champion
    vCash
    Bring it on - be wonderful. he hasn't played with the team for a few weeks, not sure he's match fit, combos and calls perhaps not fully up to speed.... how do we help Cott get him dispensated and onto the starting lineup?

I reckon there would be a fair few Neddies boys just itching to be able to play against Sheehan, wind him up, a few sledges here and there - he has a quick temper, let's try it out.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Sure you want to try that Hansie, how many Force players have ever been sent off or reprimanded when playing in local competition in the past

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Bring it on - be wonderful. he hasn't played with the team for a few weeks, not sure he's match fit, combos and calls perhaps not fully up to speed.... how do we help Cott get him dispensated and onto the starting lineup?

I reckon there would be a fair few Neddies boys just itching to be able to play against Sheehan, wind him up, a few sledges here and there - he has a quick temper, let's try it out.
    What a wanker Hansie! You are a wind up merchant or an absolute pillock or both.

If you are so keen to "bring it on" call Rugby WA immediately and beg them to dispensate Sheehan and any other Force players Cott want and then your dreams may well come true.

RWA would not deny Nedlands if Nedlands is so insistent on playing against Force players. Your coach and players may not be too happy with you !

Go on Hansie, do it!

vCash
    Hansie have you lost the way completely ...... You surely dont talk for your club when saying things like that
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    the first line in your post just about sums you up RM

Champion
    vCash
    To answer your question The Inforcer - Ben Whittaker - several weeks back.

The beauty of Paranoia.

I can tell you Neddies head coach and players would not have a problem with Sheeno running on. Ryan Louwrens is much more of a threat - he's played Neddies a few times this season and caused some headaches.

Yes I am winding you up, because you take the bait so very well.

Actually the real rumour is that Pek has returned to the Foreshore, with Lochie. Just couldn't get Gits on the flight out of Paris fast enough.

But lName:  Neddies new recruit.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  80.1 KBook who else is on the bench

Senior Player
    vCash
    Have you made the call to RWA yet Hansie?

If you get Sheehan to play for Cott I'm sure admissions will go through the roof. If that bugger is let off his leash there could be a bit of biffo and the punters will get value for money.

Go on Hansie, man up and make the call. Its still office hours; I'm sure the RWA staff would like you to make life easy for them and Chicken Man might even add you to his Xmas card list (which is very exclusive).

Lets see if you have the influence to do the deal.

PS May as well finish the finals series in the same way it started, a debacle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast