Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Nedlands Juniors to run from Northend Suburbs

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    suppose rugby WA is to be blamed for global warming as well?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    So if this is true they have nothing to do with?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    If Wanneroo and Joondalup feel threatened, then get with Neddies and work something out. Sounds like a threat to me. Or a bluff.

There is no intention to poach loyal juniors from existing clubs that cater for and look after their juniors very well.[B] So, will it be Nedlands who determine which clubs are not doing the right thing by their juniors? Given that we're talking about Wests, Wanneroo and Joondalup I wonder which one is in Neddies sights., ie not viewed by Neddies as catering for their juniors well? Care to elaborate Hansie or is this the confidential bit of your cunning plan?

Since Nostrafulvio is predicting a demise for Neddies, why not let it happen - it would be exactly what he would want.

If you are saying Neddies have to stay at the foreshore and cannot ever consider setting up another base - it's not going to happen.

If you're saying Neddies should pack up and move from the foreshore after spending 100's of 1000's on a new club house and with many years to go on the current lease - again you have rocks in your head.

If Wanneroo Juniors and Joondalup Juniors are happy at their respective clubs - why would they defect to Neddies?
    They won't. we are not at the beginning of the end for Neddies, we are some way down the track and this threat to the northern suburbs is part of the writhing of a mortally wounded animal.

Movements in Perth's population mean that Nedlands will never have Colts grades again and this will in continue to eat away at their aging senior player base. The Nedlands of the future will be 1sts, 2nds, 3rds and 1 social team. Their junior teams will continue to shrink to a negligible level. I only know this because I recently attended a philosophical lecture given by a chap in a white coat called Nostrafulvio.

Perth's rugby future lies in the outer suburbs.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 25-08-13 at 20:17.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohepa View Post
    Space is tight at Brittannia where the junior Central Zone teams play so they play on a smaller field than those in the northern zone and the southern zone - which is the zone Palmyra play in. This age group play full field minus a metre - quite often both teams agree to play full field to open it up a bit for the kids.
    Rugby WA offer central zone clubs to play north and south opposition at their venues.The clubs (from what i can gather committee level)always decline.
    Due to lack of space rugby wa have no choice but to squeeze them in at Britannia . I have spoken in the past to tens coaches and asked why they choose not to play at different clubs ,their reply is they enjoyed the experience and never knew this was on offer to their clubs juniors.
    Central commitee clubs choices not coaches or rugby Wa.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    So why not do away with Britannia at get jrs to follow their snrs

Senior Player
    vCash
    Chertubler here here!

We wonder why kids fall by the way side for far too long parents have been split up going different ways on the free way with kids in different age groups.

Why we don't the juniors follow the senior program home and away and have every team from the under 6's through to the seniors is beyond me. What benefit is there for the same kids to play the same kids two or three times a season? Couple that with the fact that some of the other clubs I am sure would like the boost to the club coffers that a home day carnival would bring??

I know it will never happen and it drives me crazy in some instances there is an argument for not giving people a choice tell them this is what we are doing get on with it!

Rookie
    vCash
    Juniors don't follow the seniors because clubs like Cott and Nedlands have 6 junior teams whilst Paly,Wanneroo,Rocky and Joondalup have in the vicinity of 20 so they don't align.

Even with the yearly junior to senior home carnivals clubs are only able to nominate clubs to play of a similar size to themselves

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Now the cat is out of the bag I guess I'll have to come clean.

Palmyra has negotiated a lease of Charles Reilly Oval at the UWA Nedlands Campus to run an Academy for kids 16 years and younger.

The only eligibility criteria will be that the kids are elite athletes and reside within 10 kilometres of the campus. This will encompass the majority of Private colleges in the area and of course Aranmore.

Palmyra will supply internationally renown coaches, Annual overseas tours, free T shirts, club tattoos by well respected epidermic artists, introductions to all current AllBlacks and Wallabies, University scholarships, and a signing on payment of $10000, all in return for a 12 year exclusive engagement contract from the age of 18.

Demographic investigations have revealed that this initiative will not detract from other local clubs, as, if they can satisfy the needs of their existing junior members, they will be unlikely to change clubs, and Palmyra has a long lease and has spent lots of money on its club rooms and won't be shifting any time soon.

And anyway, many Pally members attended UWA and once visited the Western Suburbs, so there.

vCash
    If Wanneroo and Joondalup feel threatened, then get with Neddies and work something out.

There is no intention to poach loyal juniors from existing clubs that cater for and look after their juniors very well. The intent is to provide a second location closer to the base of many of Neddies Juniors who live up there.

Since Nostrafulvio is predicting a demise for Neddies, why not let it happen - it would be exactly what he would want.

If you are saying Neddies have to stay at the foreshore and cannot ever consider setting up another base - it's not going to happen.

If you're saying Neddies should pack up and move from the foreshore after spending 100's of 1000's on a new club house and with many years to go on the current lease - again you have rocks in your head.

If Wanneroo Juniors and Joondalup Juniors are happy at heir respective clubs - why would they defect to Neddies?
    I can see Nedlands struggling in the future, perhaps not in 5 years, but 10, 15 years, definitely. They have no juniors and the majority of their players don't live in the vicinity. That's going to be a problem in a few years. It wasn't long ago Nedlands had two U19s side and were consistently in the top 4 for U19s and younger age groups. They can possibly survive without juniors, but located where they are, I think they'll struggle.

Champion
    vCash
    Lets not kid ourselves this is about juniors, it is about ensuring the longevity of the seniors and the club in general,
    Exactly. It is all about saving Nedlands who have spent their money on new clubrooms and even more on players for the now and not the future.
    Why should it be at the expense of those who have spent time and money to expand and promote rugby in the growing areas and not the elite W. Suburbs.

Player
    vCash
    So if neddies don't have u18 and u20 sides does that put them in breach of comp rules, if so does that mean they will be dropped out of Prem grade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    So if neddies don't have u18 and u20 sides does that put them in breach of comp rules, if so does that mean they will be dropped out of Prem grade.
    Dispensation!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Lets clear a few things up.its only in early planning .we aren't making a raid on other clubs we are just giving the opportunity for our own kids to play for neddies .its not being pushed by our club but from myself and a few ex players.with traffic and some of the fathers working away this is a easier option for the mums .this is also a way for us to be able to produce u/15 u/16 and u/18 er from the future .if the wanneroo and joondalup junior presidents would like to discuss what we are trying to achieve please don't hesitate to call me my name is tony ball and you can get my number from the club
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Well done Tony for fronting up.

Rookie
    vCash
    If Wanneroo and Joondalup feel threatened, then get with Neddies and work something out.

There is no intention to poach loyal juniors from existing clubs that cater for and look after their juniors very well. The intent is to provide a second location closer to the base of many of Neddies Juniors who live up there.
    You dont have many Juniors Hansie also Would RugbyWA allow Wanneroo wanneroo to grow our numbers by setting up a satellite club in the CBD across from Nedlands I think not

Yes stay where you are!!!! Why dont you form a new club with one of the other struggling junior clubs in the CBD like Cottesloe or West. Why must you now come and poach players from other big clubs and in the event make them smaller

If Wanneroo Juniors and Joondalup Juniors are happy at heir respective clubs - why would they defect to Neddies?
    Quote Originally Posted by tball View Post
    Lets clear a few things up.its only in early planning .
    Have Nedlands asked for Permission from RugbyWA and the WAJRU this will then have to be apporved by then and summitted to all clubs at a council of clubs meeting
    we aren't making a raid on other clubs we are just giving the opportunity for our own kids to play for neddies .its not being pushed by our club but from myself and a few ex players.with traffic and some of the fathers working away this is a easier option for the mums .this is also a way for us to be able to produce u/15 u/16 and u/18 er from the future.
    This is not produce this is poach
    if the wanneroo and joondalup junior presidents would like to discuss what we are trying to achieve please don't hesitate to call me my name is tony ball and you can get my number from the club.
    Why should they call you you should have the balls to contact them with your plans it is not them coming to your club feeder area it is Nedlands trying to get their dirty claws into Joondalup and Wanneroo's feeder area and players
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Hans/Tony Stay away you are looking for shit..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast