Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: TWF - Perth Metro Referee of the 2013

Champion
    vCash
    Coops was very good yesterday. However, I think we need a couple of ideas debated going into finals.
    1. Let AR's advise ref on illegal scrummaging.
    2. Cynical penalty in red zone, should be immediate yellow, players know they are guilty even within 1 minute of restarts. Less players on field opens up the game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Coops was very good yesterday. However, I think we need a couple of ideas debated going into finals.
    2. Cynical penalty in red zone, should be immediate yellow, players know they are guilty even within 1 minute of restarts. Less players on field opens up the game.
    Interested to hear your spin on illegal scrummaging - what was happening IYO? Was not there so I am asking a real question not criticising.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Strange we are encouraged to manage a gane ti try and keep it 15 on 15. Obviously foul play is not included because it often needs a card that couldn't be predicted.

The other issue is that what I see as cynical always gets a yellow card anyway, but I have to be certain to give a card, where as most supporters just need to see the other tean causing an issue to be shouting for it.

Still a tough gig.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I fear Hansie is backing Mungo ball with the "less players on the field opening up the game" comment - interesting. I suppose that this refers to opposition teams having less players??

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    However back on Topic - GF has to be run by Coops -

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    didn't think the incident you referred to occured in the red zone,hansie,it was about 20 metres out from the line.
    however,the Cott loosehead was slipping his bind & placing his hand on the turf on a couple of occasions---and got away with it
    such is life

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    What do you expect RM when we have to listen to the same boring shit you lot come out with week in or week out.

Now, back to topic.

Who do you think should get the GF in Prem.

I'd say has to be Coops this year, but interested in what the 'Old Faithful' think.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    No idea who should get the GF in Prem. Matt O'Brien seems to have the most relaxed style and the most brownie points with the players I have spoken to.

What grade do you referee and what is the 'Old Faithful'?

Champion
    vCash
    Dinky, hopefully LMSC will put up video and you can be the judge, about 5 mins in Cott prop dropping bind then using ground to leverage up and into hooker. Smart work cos it disrupted Scrum and let Ryan swoop and score.

Could never sanction heading down Mungo alley with pathetic scrums, no lineouts and so on, but I have no probs with getting rid of cynical play, again look at did. 1 min into 2nd half, lying across Ruck, in front of coops brings ball back into Ruck. At this level u know u out of the game, bin for 10 and if teams are reduced to 12 then better spectacle.

Player
    vCash
    Dinky, hopefully LMSC will put up video and you can be the judge, about 5 mins in Cott prop dropping bind then using ground to leverage up and into hooker. Smart work cos it disrupted Scrum and let Ryan swoop and score.

Could never sanction heading down Mungo alley with pathetic scrums, no lineouts and so on, but I have no probs with getting rid of cynical play, again look at did. 1 min into 2nd half, lying across Ruck, in front of coops brings ball back into Ruck. At this level u know u out of the game, bin for 10 and if teams are reduced to 12 then better spectacle.
    A few weeks ago in the Ned vs Rocky game teams were reduced to 12/13 and people cried foul. Rugby is a contest and by reducing a teams numbers just for the sake of opening up the game creates an unfair contest. Yes there is times where cards should be used. Cards can change the outcome of a game and by dissing them out like a ranger is careless!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash

I was only winding you up re Mungo Ball - re the scrums - fair call and will watch the game once it is put on the site when its posted. Agreed that you have to keep the bind. Interestingly, watched some Currie Cup last night and was impressed with the new scrum engagement - There was still a hit when done well and it was good to see people getting pinged for feeding. Should make it interesting for next season.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    I was only winding you up re Mungo Ball - re the scrums - fair call and will watch the game once it is put on the site when its posted. Agreed that you have to keep the bind. Interestingly, watched some Currie Cup last night and was impressed with the new scrum engagement - There was still a hit when done well and it was good to see people getting pinged for feeding. Should make it interesting for next season.
    Championship/Bledisloe will have the new scrum engagement next week as well!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    into 2nd half, lying across Ruck,
    Not at that match, but, entering sideways and lying across the ruck is "de rigeur" these days. Occassionally refs seem to ping the illegal entery, but if it's combined with lying across the ruck, sideways style, it doesn't seem to get looked at. It's lumped in with the high tackle, and grabbing/interfering with the jumper in lineouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Ecky. ... I would put you ahead of all of them ,except perhaps for Kellam, Cooper, Sherriff and Calverly.

And that's only when they're having an exceptionally good day.
    Lip smacking event yesterday at McGillivray - The Sheriff with Ecky as AR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Lip smacking event yesterday at McGillivray - The Sheriff with Ecky as AR.
    The Sherriff was terrible yesterday, causing confusion and frustration for all in attendance, more so the players. Every game i've watched him referee ends the same way, 40 players and coaches walking away disillusioned.
    Ecky was smart enough to realise what a hatchet job the Sherriff was doing and kept his distance from getting involved although his call to disallow the try to our left winger was questionable at best and his non involvement when Jordy's try was called held up even though Ecky could clearly see grounding was disappointing, especially the Sherriffs lack of consultation in this instance. The other 2 were clearly held up.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Rookie
    vCash
    Do any of these referees have club allegiances?

And if so, should that be taken into account in regards to who does the finals?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast