View Poll Results: Do you want James O'Connor to return to the Western Force on the club/teams terms

Voters
103. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 81.55%
  • No

19 18.45%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you want Rabbit Back?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    cut him loose once it becomes obvious he isn't going to changePosted via Mobile Device
    we cut him once, the rebels cut him once, how many chances does he get ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    we cut him once, the rebels cut him once, how many chances does he get ?
    Three strikes and you're out?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Had the same experience as Hertryk. Foley came straight out with question, What do you think of JOC. Answer was simple. You set the standard with the Alfi drama. If you now don’t hold to that standard not only are you a joke as a coach, but the whole board are as well. He has the skill, but does he have the brain? A few goggles were exchanged and then the call of spot on from Foley.
    This is not a decision the guys are taking lightly, but one I believe they are willing to take. Bring on 2014 already and let’s see where we go.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post

I will make it absolutely clear...the Force cannot afford another player debacle. The first sign of malfeasance and he has to get ditched no matter how good a player he might be. This club really needs to get a no dickheads policy in place, one thing I thought Foley might do as part of rebuilding the playing department for sustainable success.
    Im sorry MrBison - but you make it sound like the Western Force have nothing but "player debacles".

Maybe living in Sydney I don't get all the news - But having been a reader and contributor to TWF since prior to their first ever game, I thought I was up to date with all news Force-related. Just to be certain. I read GAGR and on occasion - TheRoar - but I feel dirty after that.

Anyway back to my point of player debacles- I believe the last one was Alfi Mafi - who was handled so fast and efficiently by the Force that there is still no real certainty exactly what he did wrong - but he is gone.

Prior to that in the debacle order was the departure of David Pocock - which no one but D.Pocock had any input or control over. Does that rate as a Debacle?

The original departure of James O'Connor was a contract negotiation that failed. Is that a player debacle?

Its hardly Haig Saire punched in a bar or interfering with a Quokka incidents of times past.

I think we are being a bit over dramatic.

AS I have stated in the past - we need a game finisher, a points scorer. At the moment James O'Connor is the best player out of contract that the Force can possibly get their hands on. Is he currently being a naughty boy - certainly. But like the majority of naughty boys - all they need is a little bit of guidance.

When Nathan Sharpe was Captain of the Wallabies - did James or Kurtley turn up late or miss a session?

Anyway in my humble opinion - we need James O'Connor. If he wants to be a dick - I am sure that Matt Hodgson can take him out back and punch the little shit in the mouth and his attitude adjustment would be corrected very quickly.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I hear what you're saying Alison, but do you think there is no possibility of change from him?

I think he's a world class wanker myself, but if the force can play a part in fixing that I'd say it's worth the risk. and cut him loose once it becomes obvious he isn't going to change....just like Alfi
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I guess I don't know his psyche, but I do know that you can only change IF you recognise the need to change and IF you are willing to do whatever it takes to make that change.

If all the media articles about his late night antics, missing the team bus and general disrespect of teammates during the Lions series only last month are true, I don't see he's at the point where change is likely. And I think the Rebels' disinclination to re-sign him is evidence of that.

Would be happy to be proved wrong though as it's so disappointing to see such natural-born talent go to waste.

Last edited by Alison; 30-07-13 at 09:32.
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Sorry Exile, but if the only way to get him to toe the line is a 'roughing up' by Matt Hodgson, that makes the Force no different to a bunch of thugs and I sure as hell would no longer support them then! (I know you didn't mean it literally!)

vCash
    Give him a contract with a probation that lasts all pre-season to the fourth game of the 2014 rugby season.

1 incident of upsetting the team, not obeying the teams code of conduct or just being a dick, and he's out on his arse!

If you want to play for Australia again James, then prove you are worthy and grow up!

vCash
    I think we can all be assured that the WF have made it very clear about our NO DICKHEAD policy. If he still comes over then he knows the terms!! Maybe, just maybe he also knows this is his last chance. Must be a humbling experience having the law laid down the way it has been. If he doesn’t sign, well then we all know the douche side of him won.

vCash
    Unconfirmed reports have Rabbit flying into Perth yesterday.

Of course, he could have just been checking on his house, ...

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    If he is signed, I'm looking forward to reading what they put in the media release.

vCash
    He's just here for Cott's game v Wests, they are concerned about two loses in a row!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    He's just here for Cott's game v Wests, they are concerned about two loses in a row!
    Spot on - you know those bastards at Cott - anything to win but not uncontested scrums this week.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Unconfirmed reports have Rabbit flying into Perth yesterday.

Of course, he could have just been checking on his house, ...
    So can anyone confirm this?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I say give him a second chance as long as he is playing by our rules. I give it a 50 50 chance of working but if it does then The Force will reap the benefits, if not then we bin him with no loss to us and we move on.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Im sorry MrBison - but you make it sound like the Western Force have nothing but "player debacles"....
    you named a few Ex...quokka gate, Sare and Henjak fighting, Gits insisting on playing 10, Mitchell contracted to full back, "Fagan" Ripia, Judas' KPIs, Mafi boozing(???). Its not a great record in only 8 years although probably to be expected. However it certainly IS disrupting because these have all been high profile players (apart from Sare), and the great risk is Judas acting like a twit again could be very disruptive to the squad as a whole.

One thing I'm wary of is this off season will be yet another player cleanout, so we are not getting a chance to build a team dynamic/culture over three or four years. Its almost the entire responsibility of just a few guys like Hodgo year in year out. This fragility is where Judas and other dickheads can cause a lot of damage, far more than with a team with a lot of traditions and stable player and administrator base.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast