Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Joondalup 18's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    What I find interesting is that the West player is seen by most as the victim here. Yet according to the "facts" it sounds like he was the villain here. Not condoning spectators entering the playing field, but sounds like his intentions were only to separate them.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I don't have a problem with a spectator entering the playing field to break up a fight especially if it means a young kid doesn't end up with a broken jaw/cheekbone/nose then yeah it's justified.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    I don't have a problem with a spectator entering the playing field to break up a fight especially if it means a young kid doesn't end up with a broken jaw/cheekbone/nose then yeah it's justified.
    Especially if it was actually over the side line, in the midst of the spectators and with no malice aforethought baring stopping a pounding.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Champion
    vCash
    Over past 6 weeks a bunch of people from different clubs ( Prems and Champs) plus reps from Judiciary and refs have been working on creating a plan to go 5 - 10 years in the future that allows reasonable and fair stepping stones up to a structure that grows the game as well as a pathway.

Finishing touches are being put together so that a presentation can be made to all club presidents to take back to their respective committees for debate and hopefully feedback to finetune a plan that was a result of input from respected "clubbies" over the past 6 weeks plus countless hours by RugbyWA.

the guys I chatted to last Wednesday night seemed very enthused, BUT timing will be critical and flexibility to allow entry of new clubs, splitting the comp, promotion relegation etc is also paramount. However the fundamental of building a wide base can be achieved.

vCash
    Thanks Hansie - sounds great, good on those boys and girls nutting things out. I can't wait to discuss potential changes for the good of the game in a unique and isolated place as is Western Australia.

“In 1823, William Webb Ellis first picked up the ball in his arms and ran with it. And for the next 156 years forwards have been trying to work out why.” - Sir Tasker Watkins (1979)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3