Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Joc finished at the rebels

vCash
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/ru...-1226676224407

James O'Connor, Kurtley Beale party on at Kings Cross as Wallabies coach Robbie Deans is bounced

•by: Jamie Pandaram
    •July 09, 2013 12:00AM

WHILE Robbie Deans was coming to terms with the likelihood he had coached his final Test for Australia early on Sunday morning, troublesome pair James O'Connor and Kurtley Beale were at a Kings Cross nightclub mingling with revellers.

It was telling. The two players he had entrusted with so much could not be reined in even on his final day.

The duo were seen at nightspot Iguana Bar at 5.30am, eight hours after their humiliating 41-16 defeat to the British & Irish Lions, a result that sealed the fate of Deans as the Wallabies coach.

This followed O'Connor and Beale missing the team bus for training last Thursday. They slept in and had to catch a taxi to Hunters Hill, further aggravating players who were already annoyed after the pair were photographed at 4am the week of the second Test at a fast food burger outlet.

O'Connor's apology to the team for being out so late during preparations for the Melbourne Test also did not endear him to some players. He delivered a blase statement in the team meeting room, standing with one foot on a chair........

DO WE REALLY WANT HIM??????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If these last reports are accurate I take back anything I've said about him having not seriously misbehaved. If they are right we DO NOT want him back here no matter how good he is.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    If these last reports are accurate I take back anything I've said about him having not seriously misbehaved. If they are right we DO NOT want him back here no matter how good he is.
    I don't quite understand at how being out until 5AM after the last game of the series is a major problem. As a coach, would I recommend it? No. But jeez, just being out at 5AM is surely not "seriously misbehaving". If they were getting into fights or other shenanigans, it would be one thing. But from the reports I've seen, they were just "out".

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    or the could set some KPIs of their own. Wonder what the others in the team were doing though.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Staying out late is one thing, but missing the team bus to training in the week before the test is unforgiveable. His attitude is appalling, his commitment to his team mates seems non-existant and he continues to project an image of himself that is arrogant, selfish and disrespectful of his team mates and the paying punters.

He is a world-class talent for sure, but if he put the effort in to his game that guys like Jonny Wilkinson and Dan Carter do, he would be a world-beating legend. That's my issue. He appears to be disrespecting the talent he was born with.

IF he comes back to the Force, it had better be on Foley's terms with a very short rein.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I find this comment of Fox Sport interesting

McGahan's job switch from August 1 paints an even poorer picture of the Rebels deciding not to offer O'Connor a new contract. The new coach was consulted, and it is damning that he did not want the Test fly half he has seen operate, on and off the field, at close range for the Wallabies over the past five weeks.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wa...#ixzz2YVESRxSt

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    So wary are clubs of the incumbent Wallabies five-eighth O'Connor that he is unwanted by four of Australia's five Super Rugby franchises.

Only the lowly Western Force are pursuing a deal with the 23-year-old, but yesterday that came with a warning from their chief executive Mark Sinderberry.

"It's quite a big decision (as to whether to sign O'Connor) and it's going to be on our terms," Sinderberry said.

"I think we will be very much guided by ensuring whoever we bring in is willing and wanting to be part of what we've started to build. That won't be compromised for anybody."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/ru...-1226676224407

Champion
    vCash
    Can't just say the Western Force it has to be the lowly WF.. Sigh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yet again, no one notes how many other players were out on the town after the last game of a test series as well as Monday being a rest day for all test players. Please, someone tell me, who has not been out late after a game. This is why JOC needs to come to Perth, away from the hype, on Foley's terms and recapture the attitude and form that made him a legend when he kicked the winning points V NZ. No more Bungy brothers, No more hanging out with Buddy Franklin's, No more missing the bus.

I still place alot of this blame at the feet of Deans et al. If they had the courage to turn around at the beginning of these episodes and bitch slap the "brothers" right at the beginning, in public, banning them for a few games whilst they got their act together, they may have woken up a little earlier. With Foley's attitude, none of this will happen and if it does... well the recriminations will be there for all to see.

Give the kid a final chance - lets nurture the talent for the good of rugby and the Force..... if he will let himself be nurtured. I, for one, wish him well.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    I agree dink, he's not done anything that any of the others have done.....that being said, he has developed a reputation with the media,mandurah they don't shake easily. JOC needs to reinvent himself, and that won't happen on the eastern seaboard....probably unlikely to happen in Perth, most likely overseas, probably England or Ireland in a team which won't take his shit.

Sinderberrys allusions signal good intent, but don't prove anything until the chips are down and he's forced to wear a suit for a couple of weeks for a minor indiscretion. I think he can work at the force, but only if he is on board with the team philosophy and humility thing. If he's only paying lip service to that then he needs to hide for three years

C'mon the

vCash
    Agreed Gigs - I sat give him a length of rope and see if he either a) hangs himself or b) does does something useful with it... that does not involve hanging.... or anything bad........

Bugger that was lame....

But you get my drift

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    one year deal with KPIs

vCash
    All the Issues started when he went to Melbourne the rock stat city.

Yes he was a knob when it came to re-signing (well documented and many know it wasn’t all James himself but those advising him) but he was never is any trouble here.

Bring him back to Perth out of the Spot light away from the outside influences and as far away from Beale, QC and Buddy Franklin as possible.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    We are in the box seat, as Sinders said, it will be on our terms if at all.

Pay when he plays (no train, no play) and small incentive based on match day performance, no access to power points in change rooms

The opinion I would really be interested in is Nathan Sharpes, he has seen all sides, from each side of the fence, I hope HQ has consulted him and taken on board his views.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post

The opinion I would really be interested in is Nathan Sharpes, he has seen all sides, from each side of the fence, I hope HQ has consulted him and taken on board his views.
    Great point TIF.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast