Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rebels and Wallabies New Coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I can totally see White leaving the Brumbies to coach with a top five international team! He would be crazy not to, and I think he's got a point to prove after leaving the Springboks.
    Fukken aye right! I think Jake White would be chomping at the bit to take over a team with real raw talent!

I still have a misgiving about Link backing Cooper even if he plays badly. It can balance out over a provincial season, but he can't be doing that with cut-throat test matches. Even though Deans isn't doing that now, he used to pick Cooper and not sub him off even when Quade was playing shit.

I'm curious to see what happens in the finals, if the Reds and Brumbies are up against it; can either of these coaches make the right tactical calls and save the game for their teams? Or will they be inflexible like Eddie Jones in the 2000 final?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 03-07-13 at 14:52.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    If JOC comes back then I wouldn't be opposed. I was one of the ones calling for his head on a stake when it all went down.

However, I'd much rather we became the team we all want without him.
    Agreed, I'm not sure how much of a TEAM player he is and whether he fits the team culture we seem to have developed this year.

vCash
    Its sad to see the vitriol levels at JOC after all this time. Yes he left under a cloud after very very poor personal management advice, Yes he has made a hash of his public private life on occasion whilst hanging out with the Bungy Bros etc and Yes he has not shone on this Lions tour as Deans should never play him at 10.

However, the guy started here as a 17 yr old and developed into a class international player. He never contributed to a toxic environment whilst here (barring the final departure mess) and scored a shed load of tries and set up a shed load more during his tenure.

If he comes back, and I for one would love to see him here again, I feel that the lower key lifestyle will cut out the dramas and antics seen in Melbourne and he would be of real benefit if played in a role where his open field running and defense can be exploited.

All up to him though and I hope that his current management (ie: Dad) thinks long and hard prior to making a decision and do what would be in the best interests for JOC to get back on track.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Good points above. JOC had bad advice with his contract here. If the trickles of info coming through here, re things he has said since are accurate, he regrets that and wants to return. He's never been in legal strife and only had one alcohol related breach IIRC - sleeping in for a photo call. Who's to say he wasn't riding shotgun for Beale the other night?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    Its sad to see the vitriol levels at JOC after all this time. Yes he left under a cloud after very very poor personal management advice, Yes he has made a hash of his public private life on occasion whilst hanging out with the Bungy Bros etc and Yes he has not shone on this Lions tour as Deans should never play him at 10.

However, the guy started here as a 17 yr old and developed into a class international player. He never contributed to a toxic environment whilst here (barring the final departure mess) and scored a shed load of tries and set up a shed load more during his tenure.

If he comes back, and I for one would love to see him here again, I feel that the lower key lifestyle will cut out the dramas and antics seen in Melbourne and he would be of real benefit if played in a role where his open field running and defense can be exploited.

All up to him though and I hope that his current management (ie: Dad) thinks long and hard prior to making a decision and do what would be in the best interests for JOC to get back on track.
    Careful you will be run out of town for such a carefully thought out and well written post like that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Careful you will be run out of town for such a carefully thought out and well written post like that
    I'm already sharpening my pitchforks and lighting some torches!

Senior Player
    vCash
    He was part of the toxic environment at Cottesloe whilst he was here!

He was given a chance as a young man to play professional rugby in Perth and he abused the privilege and when there was a chance to show some loyalty to anything other than his wallet, he faltered.

He is the Kardashian of Australian rugby - lets not fuel the fire and his ego. Best outcome would be if no Australian S15 franchise wanted him and he went to some obscure overseas country never to be heard from again.

vCash
    The best possible outcome would be if he did mature and turn into the legend he can become. I've suggested before that a stint overseas during a non-world cup and non-Lions year would be a good idea.

The worst possible outcome for Australian rugby would be for him to never reach his potential and disappear forever.

Having said that, I don't really want him back at the Force because I think he should show loyalty to the only team that stuck their necks out for him when he was petulant- the Rebels.

Last edited by chibi; 03-07-13 at 18:12.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    He was part of the toxic environment at Cottesloe whilst he was here!

He was given a chance as a young man to play professional rugby in Perth and he abused the privilege and when there was a chance to show some loyalty to anything other than his wallet, he faltered.

He is the Kardashian of Australian rugby - lets not fuel the fire and his ego. Best outcome would be if no Australian S15 franchise wanted him and he went to some obscure overseas country never to be heard from again.
    RM - this is all a bit harsh - Cott. A toxic environment?? it may be a bit on the nose but no weeping sores from toxic waste have been seen as yet (baring the coach.. ha ha)

A Kardashian of Australian Rugby - I have to disagree in that they are completely talentless and not that good looking whilst JOC has the potential to be a true great and he does have a hairstyle for all occasions. (tongue firmly in cheek - no where else RM)

His departure is always going to be divisive to TWFers and rightly so.. I still say give the guy a break and whatever eventuates, I hope that he reaches his full rugby potential, here or elsewhere.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Bugger - sorry - forgot

HANG THE BASTARD...

Better??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    Bugger - sorry - forgot

HANG THE BASTARD...

Better??
    Much better

It will make the people on site with the JO'C chip on the shoulder feel better as well
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Much better

It will make the people on site with the JO'C chip on the shoulder feel better as well
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Mate, I've still got a Digby chip on my shoulder, so don't start with me!!!

C'mon the

vCash
    That'd be a fairly big chip!

vCash
    Great. You can now have a nicely balanced outlook on the world. With a chip on each shoulder.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    personal experience of him is that he is a twat..... but he can play, i do feel he has lost his mojo since leaving the Force so coming back might be the shot in the arm his career needs.
    we do need someone with his type of x-factor to spark our attack even if folks think he isnt a 10's armpit i think he's gone alright, remember his actions on the field in the last two tests have more to do with Dingo's game plan than his ability to bend and break the defensive line... some of his execution has been rough around the edges such as the inside ball to Folau that missed the mark and the kick out on the full on the 78min mark but they will get better the more he settles into the role.. he mustve been as nervous as hell in the last test and the pressure did get to him at times....
    I say bring him back if he wants to come, i certainly wont be trying to get him to autograph my kids shirt or anything...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast