Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Import increase for Force

vCash
    reading a few posts in this thread i realise there was a little tongue in cheek banter about finding players from uzbeckistan etc.. but in all seriousness, i have just been perusing the Zimbabwe schools rugby facebook page and it really does look like there is a phenominal ammount of talent coming through there this year, most school tours to South Africa and even the prestigious Craven Week went very well with wins on most fronts for even some of the historically weaker teams.
    99.9% of these kids will leave school and never touch a rugby ball again, thats a given in any country but for a select few that have a dream, talent scouts from the Force could change their lives (and the fortunes of the team).. You only have to look at some of the product coming out of there in the last ten years to see the potential, these are kids that have been playing rugby from an early age, its bred into them, they have hero's like Godwin, Pocock, Mtawarira, Ngwenya and Mujati and to emulate them is the stuff of dreams.... thoughts?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Simple......we need someone who can kick acurately.......Don't care where they come from....as long as they come to the Force!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    reading a few posts in this thread i realise there was a little tongue in cheek banter about finding players from uzbeckistan etc.. but in all seriousness, i have just been perusing the Zimbabwe schools rugby facebook page and it really does look like there is a phenominal ammount of talent coming through there this year, most school tours to South Africa and even the prestigious Craven Week went very well with wins on most fronts for even some of the historically weaker teams.
    99.9% of these kids will leave school and never touch a rugby ball again, thats a given in any country but for a select few that have a dream, talent scouts from the Force could change their lives (and the fortunes of the team).. You only have to look at some of the product coming out of there in the last ten years to see the potential, these are kids that have been playing rugby from an early age, its bred into them, they have hero's like Godwin, Pocock, Mtawarira, Ngwenya and Mujati and to emulate them is the stuff of dreams.... thoughts?
    Coached colts at Wests bout 10 yrs ago and had 5 or 6 Zimmers turn up and every one of them could play

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    In that case, I would have thought something like the Junior Rugby World Cup would be a great event to recruit some future internationals before they're capped by their respective countries. Maybe the Force need to think outside the box regarding their recruiting, instead of getting club players in from Sydney, look at younger foreign players. Yes they need to be developed, but we could bag ourselves a few bargains.
    Put yourself in their shoes (or boots), and you got calls from each of the Super 15 Teams, same contract conditions - who would you sign for - be honest. That is where the Force has problems recruiting, and that is what the Force need to address.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Put yourself in their shoes (or boots), and you got calls from each of the Super 15 Teams, same contract conditions - who would you sign for - be honest. That is where the Force has problems recruiting, and that is what the Force need to address.
    With local players starting to come up into the Force squad, and others like the three U20s who are playing for Aus atm, our reliance on ES or O/S players will decrease.

Was chatting to Hodgo yest and he said it was always going to take 8-10 years after we got the franchise for that to start happening.

I'm anxious to see what the next two or three years delivers - I think we will be a genuine 'Force' to be reckoned with!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well you'd seem to be better placed if that's the case, Beige. I don't recall it. What I do recall is that the local comp just about died on it's knees after News Ltd put the Reds to the sword and both they and the ARL stopped supportimg the WARL.
    I'm a little more hopeful than some others seem to be that Bill Pulver is dinkum about a "reserve grade" competition. Hopefully he won't persist with his crazy ideas on law modifications.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yeah the 'Junior Reds' or whatever it was called played at least one season because there was a TV news report about them winning it.

Agree with your follow-up comment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4