Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Tahs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    oh, and anyone at the game notice the horse shit stench?!
    Certainly did

Wasn't sure if it was coming from the pile of manure or the on field performance

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    madness added to wallabies squad.
    details to follow later on

Champion
    vCash
    It would be great if we had HB and Morahan as our wingers next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    And it took 25 mins to get a coffee.The 2 young girls at the coffee shop were working their butts off but little or no thought from those that have the coffee franchise, need to get told to step up a bit
    coffee?

binge drinking: youre doing it wrong!

vCash
    oh, and did anyone else spot McMnMn standing on the tahs lock? the ball had moved left (from the shed) and McMnMn literally stood on a downed tah. we spotted it and had a great laugh!

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=UNCLE BOOG;354926]coffee?

binge drinking: youre doing it wrong!
    /QUOTE]

Bus trip home from Rocky Sat night ,too hungover

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash

New stadium

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    oh, and anyone at the game notice the horse shit stench?!
    A couple of notes for the engineers who designed the Eastern Stand.
    1. Row A turns into a swimming pool when it rains; not a drain hole anywhere.
    2. The area above the stairs which lead down to Gate 4 are as slippery as oil when it rains. I and several others almost went base over apex as we left the game (a broken ankle or fibula would have made a perfect ending to the afternoon).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    A couple of notes for the engineers who designed the Eastern Stand.
    1. Row A turns into a swimming pool when it rains; not a drain hole anywhere.
    2. The area above the stairs which lead down to Gate 4 are as slippery as oil when it rains. I and several others almost went base over apex as we left the game (a broken ankle or fibula would have made a perfect ending to the afternoon).
    And they thought the pitch was too dangerous for the "meet the players" after the game!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    And they thought the pitch was too dangerous for the "meet the players" after the game!!
    They actually said over PA "due to OHS issues" it would not be done. I guess the shit was the issue then.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    The fact that a Waratahs B team is that good is evidence of the inequity the Force has to deal with. Even the Rebels were given a huge leg up. Wallaby top ups don't help. We are still largely a group of no-namers.

Sure there is huge potential in the likes of Godwin, Cottrell, Faulkner,... and it's great that so many have re-signed - but the Wallabies selected to face the Lions tells the story.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT, the times we kept ball in hand and had a go, we actually looked good. It seems to transpire every game - in the last 15-20 minutes, when we are behind the 8-ball, we actually play some rugby. The fact that we kick SO MUCH MUST be a coaching directive. And after we work so hard to regain possession.

Foley has done enough for me so far, but we just need to be more discerning when we kick for territory, and get more creativity in counter attack and attack...!
    Can someone pleeeez explain the reasoning behind all the kicking!! Every person watching the Force play week in and week out (AUSTRALIA WIDE) says the same thing! But EVERY FRIGGIN WEEKED THE SAME THING!! Is it Foley telling them or is it the players themselves (especially Sias) who go into automatic kick pilot? Has anyone had any joy querying coaching staff?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Can someone pleeeez explain the reasoning behind all the kicking!! Every person watching the Force play week in and week out (AUSTRALIA WIDE) says the same thing! But EVERY FRIGGIN WEEKED THE SAME THING!! Is it Foley telling them or is it the players themselves (especially Sias) who go into automatic kick pilot? Has anyone had any joy querying coaching staff?

I think it's more noticeable because we're not very good at it. When I see other teams (e.g. Brumbies) kick for position during a game it's usually very effective making a lot of metres and putting the other team under pressure.
    I read somewhere that chook Fowler is a great kicking coach but I'm yet to see it.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    They actually said over PA "due to OHS issues" it would not be done. I guess the shit was the issue then.
    But I ask the question was it related to Occupationally safety or players safety with that performance ?? The players should of been made to stand around and sign the 1 autograph and then they might grow a brain and notice that the supporters are there to watch interested, entertaining rugby and not boring Run away Rugby.. Loosing comes naturally to Western Force players, supporters and other people associated with the club. we can get over a lost, we cant get over SH!T performances week in week out.

Rebels (Both games)
    Kings
    Cheetahs
    Brumbies
    Sharks

All performances we didn't turn up to and should of had 4 wins out of these 6 games.

vCash
    When we look good we look very very good but then there's days like yesterday!! No other Aussie SXV team was asked to play the Lions and SXV game in 4 days...we still had a chance to get above the Rebels if we'd played well against the Tahs.

Michael Foley inherited a squad that won 3 games last year and got selected too late to make many changes or selections..but the ones that he's made have been excellent.

2013 has been making the best of what we have and rebuilding the side....under a new Captain,CEO and leadership structure...We now have a club that players want to join..e.g. Luke Morahan - MOM for Reds against the Lions.

It wasn't a coaching problem against the Tahs it was players not rising to the occasion - getting outplayed by a young 2nd string team who played with commitment and passion and too many basic errors/turnovers by the Force

The problem was the Force players who didn't turn up today...they were reportedly very flat at the Captain's Run on Saturday. If they were crapped of for not playing on Wednesday then it was a lousy way to show it!!

Foley has done well considering what he inherited. Morahan, Prior, Holmes and Haylett-Petty will make a big difference next year as did Matthewson, Alcock, McMeniman and Tessman this year.

Many of the younger members of the squad will be better for having this year behind them.
    Many others have been found wanting.

GO THE FORCE IN 2014.

Rookie
    vCash
    Ok we were shit. But I was impressed by the Tahs. Their whole back line would walk into our 1st team(apart from 12). Their young forwards were excellent. Aggressive, well disciplined, hungry. They attacked the breakdown with great vigour. They have been itching for game time all season and this was their chance to impress, and they did.
    Herein lies the rub with the Force. Depth or lack of quality depth. Look at Reds vs Lions, minus their wallabies the still had many ex wallabies on show. That's why we look like dickheads when we get smashed by Lions fielding our B team and then get beaten by a second string Tahs team.
    We all know why. Salary cap, ARU etc etc
    Settin up Force and Rebels was intended to spread the talent around but that clearly hasn't happened.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffalo View Post
    Their young forwards were excellent. Aggressive, well disciplined, hungry. They attacked the breakdown with great vigour.
    I think the term is 'offside'

haha.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast