Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Understrength teams to face Lions

vCash
    i love how some quarters of the UK - media/fans are calling for Aus to be droppedfrom the lions schedule becuase of the understrength Force side. I thought they were here to play the wallabies and the other games are warm-ups? so whats the big deal?

if the wallabies went to the UK on a three test tour and played midweek games against the Saracens and they fielded an understrength side because they had comp games on the weekend would we be as critical?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    It is interesting that they played a Baabaa's side that quite frankly sucked with no complaint AND yet they haven't even played us yet but we are disrespectful.. I just don't get it.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure we were critical every time a Northern Hemisphere touring side in June was populated by no names because they couldn't convince the Euro clubs to release their top names at that time of year, but then treated the spring tour as a warmup and selection tour.

I can completely defend Foley's decisions with selections in my mind, but also understand their disappointment. If we took a similar tour over there (SANZAR allstars) would their struggling clubs put out a full strength team to get torn apart by the best players in the Southern Hemisphere, or would they focus on the weekend match with points on the line? I daresay any club coach in the world would make exactly the same decision. His KPIs don't include friendlies against international superstars, but you can bet London to a brick they will include competition points and score differentials.

C'mon the

vCash
    And the above couple of posts don't even talk about some of the disgraceful excuses sent here in the recent past masquerading as "Test" touring squads. Please.

OOPS. GIGS got there first

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    It is interesting that they played a Baabaa's side that quite frankly sucked with no complaint AND yet they haven't even played us yet but we are disrespectful.. I just don't get it.
    Let's hope our boys fare better than the Barbarian's 59-8..

vCash
    again like i said if the Wallabies had fielded an understrength side because their players were tied up in local comps then id understand it but they wont be and these are midweek warm up games.. a BIG difference

Apprentice
    vCash
    I am really disappointed that the A side was not selected. What is going to be remembered and be better for WA rugby, a win or close game against the Lions, or a win or close game against the Tahs?

vCash
    hasnt it been the NH teams in the past who have brought under strength teams to Aus (and NZ and SA) for the June tests to save their players for later in the year?

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Never mind the British press, they always write crap. Remember the conspiracy of the ARU using Summit balls to hamper the chances of the Lions in 2001? They have some of the worst "journalists" in world rugby.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    The Lions are all bloody Hype anyway, put the best players from four different countries together and they still can't beat SH test teams.

Wallabies will win three nil. I won't be surprised if a club side grabs a win as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I wish the lions tour was in January. It would be so hilarious to watch poms melt in 45 degree heat.

Rookie
    vCash
    Good effort from the force players. Didn't see much to fear from the B&IL's except Halfpenny's kicking. Not bad at all.

vCash
    I agree with the above B&IL are all hype and boy does Foley have problems now in selecting players....

Give all players the thumbs up for effort .. No one really slacked off and the team leaders were very encouraging to the younger ones... Any one from tonights game could pull on a jersey for the force against the other super 15 teams ... Good to see them holding the ball and minimal kicking but when they did 80% was good attacking rugby SNK did some good kick offs and the boys got the ball back at the kick offs

The B&IL need to be watched for forward passes and I dont think stubbs deserved the yellow as it was the first warning to the force were as the B&IL were doing it at the other end and only gave the penalty away...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Very proud of the lads tonight, they showed guts and played a good 80 minutes. Well done!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    The biggest issue was our tackling. Too many missed tackles. This resulted in overcommitment around the rucks leaving space wide too often. CTM looked lost. His biggest stat would have been missed tackles, double figures easily. Lynn and Maafu were their usual mistake fest selves. DHP had a good game. Some nice carries. Rest of the backs were average. Corey Brown has some pace. Can't tackle though.
    MOM - Richard Brown. Gonna be missed next year.

Lions weren't convincing. So many missed tackles make any side look good. O'Driscoll, North and Heaslip were great, making metres at will. Halfpenny's kicking was sublime. If the Wallabies tackle the buggers they will have a shot at winning the series.

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

The biggest issue was our tackling. Too many missed tackles. This resulted in overcommitment around the rucks leaving space wide too often. CTM looked lost. His biggest stat would have been missed tackles, double figures easily. Lynn and Maafu were their usual mistake fest selves. DHP had a good game. Some nice carries. Rest of the backs were average. Corey Brown has some pace. Can't tackle though.
    MOM - Richard Brown. Gonna be missed next year.

Lions weren't convincing. So many missed tackles make any side look good. O'Driscoll, North and Heaslip were great, making metres at will. Halfpenny's kicking was sublime. If the Wallabies tackle the buggers they will have a shot at winning the series.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast