Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Force B vs Lions

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Does anybody know how many tickets sold for tomorrow night?
    There is a number printed on the back of tickets. The first lot I got for TWF were in the 18000's, the replacement lot were in the 32800's - all sequential, so I am guessing this may be the ticket number? The second lot got printed last Thursday.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Because the Tahs played the Crusaders last weekend. Moving their match to this weekend would have:
    a) given us an advantage (somethng the ARU don't want), and
    b) would have involved the Crusaders playing on the 'Australian teams only' round this weekend. The masterminds who come up with the SuperRugby schedules can't cope with that!
    Nah, I meant moving the Force v Tahs game to the weekend of the 6th of July.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    That'd clash with the 3rd test! (Actually can't see a problem with it, though, and would have solved lots of issues, including a 1 month break before the last match of the season!

vCash
    Just add a bit of sense to it all, there has been a lot of bagging the team selected, however, the level of our current playing roster and the defensive effort that they have put into the season it is not realistic to play both games.

With that said I am under the impression that for Super 15 games you can only play players outside the squad due to injuries to the rostered players, which means a lot of the side to play the Lions could not play the Tahs.

I think Foles has done a great job to date, before a few matches he was ctitised for the team selected only to prove that he was not far off with his selections.

I think he has done as best he can under the circumstances and I cannot wait for both games and like every game since day one 2006 I will be behind the force irrespective of the otcomes.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I think Foles has done a great job to date, before a few matches he was ctitised for the team selected only to prove that he was not far off with his selections.

I think he has done as best he can under the circumstances and I cannot wait for both games and like every game since day one 2006 I will be behind the force irrespective of the otcomes.
    I always love that mature form of argument that implies that whoever disagrees with anything the Force ever does is somehow not a true supporter.

vCash
    havent read back to all your comments, (been laid up with man-flu)
    but Im gutted to think we're not posting our best team against the Lions.
    its a great time for the game/state/team to shine in the eyes of the world (like I said, Ive not read-back on all the reasons and what-nots)
    if we got close to the Lions, and lost to the Tahs, Id still be proud as punch of the lads, I know Foles has a plan up his sleeve, he always does, but my initial feeling here is a bit sad. Id have loved to see us really stick on to the Lions. and for our senior players to NOT get that opportunity, surely theyre spitting chips?!?

Rookie
    vCash
    Apparently the backs wanted to back up but Foley insisted same rules for the whole team. So out of solidarity with our battered forwards, the backs agreed not to want to back up. Another good sign for team solidarity and culture !
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4