Thread: The reason you don't attempt the 141 club by yourself

vCash

The reason you don't attempt the 141 club by yourself

In 4 days anyway!

IT may be the longest hangover in the history of binge beer drinking. A Glasgow man downed 60 pints leaving him with a four-week super-hangover.
    When a 37-year old man walked into a hospital emergency room in Glasgow, Scotland last October complaining of "wavy" vision and a non-stop headache that had lasted four weeks, doctors were at first stumped, the British journal The Lancet reported today.
    Tell us your worst hangover story
    The unnamed patient "had no history of head injury or loss of consciousness; his past medical record was unremarkable, and he was taking no medications," Zia Carrim and two other physicians from Southern General Hospital said in a case report.

Body temperature and blood pressure were both normal, and a neurological exam scanned negative.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/wor...-1111114523917

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    drinking tap beer at a nightclub in Tangier,morocco,in the early 70's.Dont know what was in it,,but had to lie dead still for two days--if I moved my head would explode.Was not a happy chappy

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    "the man revealed he had consumed 60 pints - roughly 35 litres - of beer over a four day period, following a domestic crisis"

What a pansy. I remember the reporting from the first Cape Town Tens...

Friday: The eve of the tournament...[Kees] Meuws begins his quest to drink 200 beers before the weekend is over. That sets the tone for a quiet night out?

Saturday: 8:30am start, which means most of the players at the Tens have had between one and three hours sleep....Meuws, who spent the previous evening speaking French and only answering to the name Bruce, moves comfortably past the 50 beer mark mid-morning...Moment of the day? Meuws, having passed the 120-mark late evening, spots a small boy watching nervously, holding a rugby ball. Leaving the group of large rugby players, he walks over, says hello, and spends five minutes teaching him to pass....

Sunday: ...Cue one final night of celebration, with Meuws running a chaotic fines meeting...tournament director Ron Rutland made a brief and spectacularly unsuccessful attempt to match Meuws drink for drink. Big Kees had switched to cider for a while, claiming the beer was no longer having an effect; he was back in time to pass 200 by the close of the Light Years second majestic performance, and bring down the curtain on a wonderful celebration of rugby. Bring on 2010.

http://sport.iafrica.com/columns/dan_world/292361.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    drinking tap beer at a nightclub in Tangier,morocco,in the early 70's.Dont know what was in it,,but had to lie dead still for two days--if I moved my head would explode.Was not a happy chappy
    That's enough to put you off booze forever...

I think my worst was in a camp NAAFI club in Northwood Middlesex...nothing better to do but see who could drink who under the table..one side Matlots (Navy) other side (W)RAF.....I t came down to me (ofcourse) and a big, burly, bearded, tattooed matlot...well to ensure the NAVY won.someone spiked my last pint with a good size rum... finished me off... and I had to report to sickbay for three days... can't stand the smell of rum, the look of rum, and have never gone near it since... I narrowly avoided being put on a "charge"..... not good memories... cheating bastards...