Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this going to be an Annus Horibilus?

Apprentice
    vCash

Is this going to be an Annus Horibilus?

Last year was supposed to be the worst year in the forces history with player and coach defections but we still won three games. How bad is this year going to rate when despite a new coach and new management team we have won only two games and still have to face a resurgent waratahs team and the brumbies who thrashed us only a few weeks ago. Even this weekend when we play the only side playing worse than us there is little more hope than we we can probably only loose by a little bit. I can't see that Foley brought anything with him but the old waratahs loosing ways.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Was never sold on the appointment of Foley. We had a reasonably long search during the season last year for our new coach and Foley was the best we could come up with? After his record at the tahs? Weren't we chasing Mallet? I would have much preferred him.

Cheika, apart from Folau and Chapman has the same squad and they are performing much better this season. We are still plodding along losing games by 5 or less like we have the last two years. I don't believe at this stage our culture has changed much. Our lack of composure v the sharks was a disappointment to me considering the talk from Foley about how we are turning the corner.

Will wait to pass judgment on him until a couple of games into next season though. There are a few more decent players signed for next year but the blowtorch should be applied to our playing roster and we should have a clean out to get rid of the deadwood. We are still in desperate need of 2 x >200cm locks, a 13 and a 15.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    get O'Connor back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Last year was supposed to be the worst year in the forces history ]
    I don't think anyone with an ounce of sense expected much more than we've seen this year. I know I didn't. We're still rebuilding aren't we? I've have settled for back to back wins as our primary goal this year.

They've already shown me a lot more than they did last year.

It was always gonna get worse before it gets any better!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Something about feeding creatures that live under bridges.....

vCash
    How many games have we only just lost by 7 or 8 points. We could easily have been mid table with 6 wins with a bit of lady luck. 2014 will be different.

vCash
    It may very well end up being our worst year but I'm not going to be too worried until I see how we go next year. I like a lot of what's been happening at the club, the acknowledgment of past mistakes, taking steps to fix them - including clearing out some of the dead wood - and making some key signings for next season, which should see an improved team in 2014. Just need to beat out whatever it is that sees us lose so many close games! I would feel a lot better if we re-signed Honey Badger though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    How many games have we only just lost by 7 or 8 points. We could easily have been mid table with 6 wins with a bit of lady luck.
    This is the one resounding problem that seems to have haunted us for a lot longer than just this year.

Even with the clean out we had, I'm worried the "close loss" mentality is still hanging around the team.

Maybe Foley should recruit a mongrel / exorcist / hairdresser lock in the off season. Would toughen up the 2nd row, get the monkey off our back & give Wykes a bloody good haircut!!!!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Last year was supposed to be the worst year in the forces history with player and coach defections but we still won three games. How bad is this year going to rate when despite a new coach and new management team we have won only two games and still have to face a resurgent waratahs team and the brumbies who thrashed us only a few weeks ago. Even this weekend when we play the only side playing worse than us there is little more hope than we we can probably only loose by a little bit. I can't see that Foley brought anything with him but the old waratahs loosing ways.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Foley is doing as good as a job as we can hope for. He has inherited a squad that was mediocre at best and whilst cleaning house needs time for the combinations to come together.. and they are, all be it slowly. The off season will tell how astute he is re new signings and if he can see our current failings in the centers, full back and at lock.

If the rumors of who he is trying to recruit prove true then I will be one looking forward to the Force finally working their way up the ladder. If not.........

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Last season I thought that half the squad could barely catch and pass the ball.

Some things have improved dramatically this year. Still we need to learn to score points. In so many games which have been close on the scoreboard we have dominated play but not been able to turn it into points, so when we have a 2 minute lapse we end up losing.

vCash
    We are missing a competent goal kicker and the tactical kicking has been poor. These two areas have cost us badly this season. Correct them and close losses become close wins and suddenly things don't look as bad.

There are other areas that need work (lineout - MMM where are you?) but those two are the real killers.

vCash
    Trollololol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Trollololol
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yunSRfnsVck"]TROLOLOLOLOL - YouTube[/ame]

vCash
    That is the scariest thing I have seen since the Bungy Boys pool shot... who is that and why does his mouth never move.... Freaky

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    That is the scariest thing I have seen since the Bungy Boys pool shot... who is that and why does his mouth never move.... Freaky
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_Khil - he actually seemed quite likable when I saw a video of him giving his thoughts about the whole thing...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast