Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is this going to be an Annus Horibilus?

vCash
    Jargs you owe me 45 seconds. I didn't even make the 2:26
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Jargs you owe me 45 seconds. I didn't even make the 2:26
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Player
    vCash
    I can't believe that people are bagging the force this season! I admit on the face of it the results haven't been as good as in seasons past but for my money what has happened has laid the foundations for some very exciting times ahead for the force.

The CEO and the Coach had a business plan to turn the force around and I for one am glad in a manner of speaking that we have had some bad losses so we aren't papering over cracks in the team.

We have been very unlucky to lose Nathan Charles to injury our first choice hooker and a fantastic player (how many times have we turned over possession in promising positions because the the line out throw wasn't straight!)

We have been able to give Kyle Godwin more run on starts and if he doesn't go on to win more than 50 wallaby caps I will walk down St Georges Terrace wearing nothing but a smile!

Agreed we need to sure up our back line and we need to get a reliable kicker.

The management team are taking the right steps to bring in quality players for next season some have already signed to come to the sea of blue and I am sure that negotiations are on going as we speak with other talented players. Our defence has been much improved speaking to people I know who have been members since day 1 so I am happy with that.

Next season we will go on to bigger and better things and the season after this season has been a watershed for rugby in this state.

vCash
    A decent performance from the ref wouldn't go astray either. We seem to cop the duds (the last two in particular - Fraser and Leckie).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    A decent performance from the ref wouldn't go astray either. We seem to cop the duds (the last two in particular - Fraser and Leckie).
    If we're relying on that then we are in trouble.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    How many games have we only just lost by 7 or 8 points. We could easily have been mid table with 6 wins with a bit of lady luck. 2014 will be different.
    I would have said the answer was; more than can be explained by lady luck or chance. The number of near misses is a cause for concern, not hope. There is something wrong when you lose so many by so little and, unless they work out what it is and address it, next year will just be more of the same. Especially if yet again we see a whole new bunch of players brought in and trying to find their feet.

On the upside, I guess by now we must have a fair old dossier on what it isn't and what doesn't work...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    I would have said the answer was; more than can be explained by lady luck or chance. The number of near misses is a cause for concern, not hope. There is something wrong when you lose so many by so little and, unless they work out what it is and address it, next year will just be more of the same.
    That's the Force view as well from what I've read in the media - let's see what they actually do about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    If we're relying on that then we are in trouble.
    Not saying we should rely on it (that would be foolish), but it would be a pleasant surprise to have a competent ref every now and then. Just for variety....

Senior Player
    vCash
    The re-signing of a few key players - especially McMeniman - indicates the players too feel that the momentum is building.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    This is the one resounding problem that seems to have haunted us for a lot longer than just this year.
    Even with the clean out we had, I'm worried the "close loss" mentality is still hanging around the team.
    Even bigger clean out on the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    This is the one resounding problem that seems to have haunted us for a lot longer than just this year.
    Even with the clean out we had, I'm worried the "close loss" mentality is still hanging around the team.
    This is a very valid point and raises the question, is this mentality part of the club culture overall? Is this what happens when most of your players are from out of town? Are they here just to get a game and further their careers? To play well so they can represent their country, but not necessarily to go that extra inch to win games for the Force?

Sorry for being so negative, but this is a trend that's been around since 2010 or so.

The litmus test is next year, I think Foley and Co. have done as well as they could with the squad the way it was. The important thing is that now we can see a way a forward this time, where we may not have able to before. It won't take much for this team to be fighting for play-off spots - cooler heads, better use of possession, less time defending and a bit of a game-breaker and we'll be a contender. Just ask the Reds, Cheetahs, Tahs, Crusaders, Hurricanes and Chiefs already this season.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2