Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: JOONDALUP 1STS TO PLAY 2ND GRADE NEXT YEAR?

Player
    vCash

JOONDALUP 1STS TO PLAY 2ND GRADE NEXT YEAR?

Rumour i heard on saturday that joondalup 1sts will play in 2nds there 2nds in 3rd grade and so on in 2014 and if they make the finals of 2nd grade they will be promoted is this true??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    No(can't) comment
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Great rumour. No truth.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Leave the rumours to me Buck.

But now that you raise it, there's a certain compromise logic that says Rocky will be allowed to remain in Premier Grade for one more year with their 2nds and 4ths playing in the District competition with Joondalup filling the Reserve Grade and 3rd Grade slots.

The draw could be tricky on the days that Joondalup have home games - ie does Rocky play at Lark Hill or at Joondalup? Its getting messy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Leave the rumours to me Buck.

But now that you raise it, there's a certain compromise logic that says Rocky will be allowed to remain in Premier Grade for one more year with their 2nds and 4ths playing in the District competition with Joondalup filling the Reserve Grade and 3rd Grade slots.

The draw could be tricky on the days that Joondalup have home games - ie does Rocky play at Lark Hill or at Joondalup? Its getting messy.
    Yup it is getting messy. And I see the above as the likely outcome. There's no way Joondalup will be ready for a team in the Premiership for 2014.

Rookie
    vCash
    Zed absolutely unbelievable from a team that has surrendered 270 points in seven games ,played seven lost seven . I am not interested in Joondalup but how can someone from a club playing in this seasons premiership (and dont give me the we are giving the youth an oppertunity bull) with a team made up of lower grade players be dishing out advice to other clubs. Someone tell me what the difference is between Wanneroo and Rockinghams prem teams this year and why one has been singled out .

Champion
    vCash
    Why don't we play promotion relegation,the last team in 1st grade play winner of championship ,loser goes down nice and simple

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    played in several promotion/relegation series back in wellington in the early 70's
    most brutal games I have ever been invoved in

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    In the round ball game they seem to be the most financially rewarding as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    Zed absolutely unbelievable from a team that has surrendered 270 points in seven games ,played seven lost seven . I am not interested in Joondalup but how can someone from a club playing in this seasons premiership (and dont give me the we are giving the youth an oppertunity bull) with a team made up of lower grade players be dishing out advice to other clubs. Someone tell me what the difference is between Wanneroo and Rockinghams prem teams this year and why one has been singled out .
    Wanneroo is not having a good year, but we are remaining competitive which is great. We haven't gone out and bought players this year, it's not really a good long term strategy as a lot of clubs will attest to and I think that's why we have struggled to win games. However I think the next few years will see Wanneroo strengthen as a club. We've got some great juniors in the U18s & U20s and the focus is on developing our juniors and bringing these guys into the senior sides when they leave U18s and U20s. As far as Joondalup are concerned, they will be a Premiership club at some point, but from an objective point of view I don't see them as being ready for 2014. From watching their teams play on Saturday, they don't really have the players for a club with teams in 1st, 2nd & 3rd grade. They need to recruit at least 30 players. As far as Rockingham go, I'm not sure what your point is.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Why don't we play promotion relegation,the last team in 1st grade play winner of championship ,loser goes down nice and simple
    Tried that in the old District Comp days. Didn't work then. Won't work now

Rookie
    vCash
    Is there any reason why there couldn't be a promotion / relegation game at the end of this season?

If it was held this week it would be between ARKS and Wanneroo. Interesting.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Tried that in the old District Comp days. Didn't work then. Won't work now
    why not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    Is there any reason why there couldn't be a promotion / relegation game at the end of this season?

And if that did happen I hope that we can have the same points system we were given last time Arks & Wanneroo had a promotion/relegation play off!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post

Roodogs would win by 70

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast