Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Force V Sharks Friday 17/5/2013

vCash
    Another missed opportunity.

We can blame the ref, but the simple fact is refs favour bigger, better teams. Until we win consistently we're always going to suffer from being given the lower ranked refs and getting the short end of the stick on their decisions.

What worries me is that we now have this mindset that we can play anyone close, but not that we can beat anyone. Getting a lead and then defending manfully isn't the strategy of a successful team.

With the exception of the Brumbies, and maybe the South African matches, we've done enough in each match to win, but we've let ourselves down by poor decisions and poor execution. This week it was over-cooking the kick for Cummins to score and being over-eager for the Sheehan try. The trouble is, it's very difficult to coach composure - it comes from experience and we're still a young side.

If we manage to get through an off-season without a change in coaching staff or a major turn-over in personnel (which hasn't for the past few years) a settled team should improve their win-loss ratio and move us where I think this playing staff deserves to be, which is fighting for a wild-card spot.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoolly Doolly View Post
    I would like to see Pek be the skipper next season.

Seriously?!
    Not after Fridays huge brain fart at the 62 minute mark!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Not sure the game plan but you are right Rex I get the feeling Sais does not use the pass often enuff to give the creative 12 to make a play 90 % either a hospital pass or a kick and then the 10% ( The Good pass for the 12 it works and we get it out going forward )

Alby fast out then NO. 10 slow Godwin fast then out to Jnr ,Hayward ,Stubbs, HB ,and Delitt and we have good go forward and in most cases either cough it up or score the weak link is our 10
    I agree - I've about had enough of Sias at 10 - what's the point of having a kicking 10 in the side who can't kick!!!?? He's certainly not in there for his attacking prowess. I can't recall him ever taking on the line. Just put SNK in there, Christie, or even Hayward. At least they'll have a go.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I think Sias got another go after the Brumbies game. SNK got owned by Toomuas defence that game.

vCash
    All the changes after that Brumbies game were a bit of an overreaction I think. There's been no Stubbs and Rasolea since then.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Veteran
    vCash
    I'm still yet to be impressed by resole, especially in the centres. He has the size, and hopefully speed to maori side step guys, yet he always does his pussy footing, loses all momentum and get tackled hard, sure he makes the gain line, but he never bends the defence enough to ever break it.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think he needs to find his feet on the wing before he is moved to 13. He looks promising though and it is not like we are spoilt for choice on the wings.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6