Thread: Jake White and boring me senseless

vCash

Jake White and boring me senseless

Although i admire the history of Sth African Rugby it seems since their introduction back into the fold of "sanctioned" test rugby,coach after coach and player after player have lined up to denigrate australian rugby.Last year he was crapping on about how the culture of wallaby rugby is apparently affected by the "leaguies" and that if we followed their(sth.africa's) lead and only had private school players,etc,we would'nt have shennanigans like wendall sailor's drunken escapades.Let me remeniss for a second and names that come to mind whom have left union as schoolboys such as Wally Lewis,Michael O'conner and dual internatinals such as Ricky Stuart and Ray Price would all have been stars if they stayed in the union game.As well I did'nt see England complaining when "league" convert Jason Robinson had a blinder in the 2003 World cup.Then there was Victor Matfield saying basically he and his cohorts did'nt rate australian rugby,blah ,blah, blah.Now maybe i'm dumb but since the boks return,Australia have won 2 world cups beaten Sth africa repeatedly and have won Super rugby (twice)and sth africa have won only 1 world cup,less tests and have been perenial jokes in any form of super rugby.Today I open the australian newspaper and there is the professor babbling on about how great New Zealand Rugby is and that they are the best team in the world all the time.Once again I feel I don't have to remind people that the all blacks have only won 1 world cup back in 1987.

My point is that the sooner the likes of Jake White accept that Australia are a genuine superpower of rugby and worries about sth africas standing,the better,his potshots at the wallabies smacks of envy and nothing else.......

C'est la vie ......!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Jake White is from the same school of charm as Sir Clive.

vCash
    This tirade by White is kind of funny, seeing as how they played such a fine example of a game on the weekend.