Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pindan Premier Grade Round 6

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Pacman, why not?

Every other moderator has.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    10k is not that much for one season. In country footy guys are getting paid 1k+ per match

GRAB YOUR MATE!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    10k is not that much for one season. In country footy guys are getting paid 1k+ per match
    In local rugby terms, this is a lotta money.

Did anyone do any reference checks before signing? My understanding was that the arrangement was not universally supported within the club's hierarchy and some have left the club as a result. Others are questioning the wisdom.

And how do you hope to benefit from the $10K investment, Kala man? That's a big wack for an amateur club. Even the likes of Neddies and Soaks would gulp at that sort of dosh for one player. Has someone at Kala been sold a big dummy pass here?

$10K for what we are all asking?

Is the player someone with impeccable personal characteristics who is delivering on and off the field ?

Is this a one year deal? If not, what happens next year?

Where is Kala on the table and where are they likely to be at the end of the season?

Would the money have been better spent recruiting / developing coaches or administrators?

Last question: Has Kala pissed the $10K against the wall?

PS NTT, You are either a Messiah or you are not. There are not different "calibres". Thanks for the compliment but I'm not a messiah, I'm just a naughty boy!

Last edited by RumourMonger; 12-05-13 at 19:22.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I think they are doing better than their website suggests. If they are paying $10grand to one player they are mugs but I think they are smarter than that.
    There is no evidence presented to date that they are doing better than their website suggests, or the premiership table / match reports suggest or that they are smarter than wasting money on an individual player in lieu of spending the money on more sustainable budget items.

We are open ears and waiting for NTT to man up and respond to the questions that have been asked by so many of us about Kala's situation and motives.

Don't really expect the truth; just more dust storms of rhetoric that only a North Korean dictator would be proud of.

We're still waiting for some facts NTT........

Last edited by RumourMonger; 12-05-13 at 19:46.

Rookie
    vCash

Rep Football N.Z V Wales

Just reading the Sunday arvo norm on here, personal attacks on each other and general abuse of fellow league teams between the usual six or seven contributors when something the Kala guy stated regarding their coach and his rugby past got me onto something that often intrigues me,another kiwi rep ( and believe me i am not questioning anything of the NTT post).
    The rate of people from the land of the long white cloud who have taken up the great game and made it to rep status in some way shape or form absolutely astounds me .I wonder has anyone ever failed and not represented their island ,province,mountain,glacier or farm?.The only nation to come close to this ,another great rugby nation is the welsh who in my opinion may just miss out on the slightest of margins.
    Just putting this out to debate really and wondering if anyone else had noticed this or is it just me .One other thing does rep football = not buying a raffle ticket after the game

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Westie ... You can't nominate yourself for moderator via an alias ...
    OK ,Westie for moderator then

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    .I wonder has anyone ever failed and not represented their island ,province,mountain,glacier or farm?
    No and don't get me started on my resume unless you have a spare 5 or so hours

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Kalamunda v Nedlands

Dear oh dear what a complete mess of a game. Don't like to ref bash, but this game was not a good advertisement for the man in the middle. He had a crazy game. .
    A quick reference to the WA refs website lists James Sherriff as the referee you are bagging. Are you aware he's a former Super rugby referee?

Think your credibility must have just nose dived, again!

vCash
    Geez you've got some serious acceptance issues don't you RM. You purport to know facts with the gem of a sentence 'my understanding is'. This alludes to the point i made about you being someone who guesses what's happening instead of actually knowing something of truth. Posting 5 or 6 times trying to discredit me or get me to 'man up' reeks of desperation. You've done the explaining about Kalamunda for me with the Committee names. There's people there that are currently managing multi million dollar business'. Managing a rugby clubs finances is old hat for them. What are trying to expose here with the witch hunt mentality? Because you haven't exposed anything yet except for a desperate need for acceptance. A lot of effort for no results mate, you must be related to Nestor.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    A quick reference to the WA refs website lists James Sherriff as the referee you are bagging. Are you aware he's a former Super rugby referee?

Think your credibility must have just nose dived, again!
    I can definitely see why he's not a super rugby ref anymore.

Keep trying buddy. Your nearly of credible calibre.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I love club loyalty of the kind NTT propounds.

Money can't buy it.

Champion
    vCash
    I agree ,whilst we don't always agree with each other blind club loyalty are what the very foundations of club rugby is built on.Having said that NTT you still owe Brad Lacey, a good Wests lad an apology for that remark last week ,do that and we'll leave it at that

Last edited by westies man; 12-05-13 at 21:11. Reason: w

Senior Player
    vCash
    Still waiting NTT, for:

1) Lots of answers to the questions asked of you; and

2) A written and meaningful apology.

Or in their absence:

3) a full confession that Kala are a basket case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    In local rugby terms, this is a lotta money.

Did anyone do any reference checks before signing? My understanding was that the arrangement was not universally supported within the club's hierarchy and some have left the club as a result. Others are questioning the wisdom.

And how do you hope to benefit from the $10K investment, Kala man? That's a big wack for an amateur club. Even the likes of Neddies and Soaks would gulp at that sort of dosh for one player. Has someone at Kala been sold a big dummy pass here?

$10K for what we are all asking?

Is the player someone with impeccable personal characteristics who is delivering on and off the field ?

Is this a one year deal? If not, what happens next year?

Where is Kala on the table and where are they likely to be at the end of the season?

Would the money have been better spent recruiting / developing coaches or administrators?

Last question: Has Kala pissed the $10K against the wall?

PS NTT, You are either a Messiah or you are not. There are not different "calibres". Thanks for the compliment but I'm not a messiah, I'm just a naughty boy!
    So we shouldn't pay players? He is the best player in the comp, he is worth 10k
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I've had a brief look at most Perth-based clubs' websites since the season started. Quite a few aren't as up to date as I'd have thought.

I guess those clubs must simply be run really badly.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast