Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sheehan, Hayward back for Hodgson milestone

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    I can only go off what i saw at the Trial against Tonga and the vision from is time at souths in the shield.

I guess I just feel like we have nothing to lose by giving him a chance to show us what he has to offer. He is signed up for 2014 so just give him a shot. he cant be any worse than some of the players we had last year and who knows he could be anything.

The boys i speak to down at wests say some of the things he does at training and in games are crazy.

From the top of my head he and McCafree and Manu are the only ones who haven’t had a run. Why bring in Jacobs and pay another contract when we have CTM or Haywood who can both play 13.
    If the rumours are true and it does come from a trusted source, CTM although signed for 2014, may not make it, seems an attitude adjustment is desperately needed, he's talking about wanting out, and it seems after this week, and rightly so, Force Management will not be bothered pandering to individuals who can't or don't want to follow the rules, written and unwritten.
    Keep in mind too, it is a big step up from club rugby to Super 15, if he hasn't been called in to the playing squad, maybe they don't consider he's good enough. All that aside, I do also wonder why Ben Jacobs has been called in, plenty players who can could slot in, after last week's game, I saw nothing he did any better than any number of the boys who play there and cover injuries, wouldn't think it gives the backs-in-waiting any confidence going forward, these players are expected to show max. loyality to the Force, but doesn't seem to work both ways. Seriously, do they think at 31 he's going to be an ongoing long term prospect.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    They should start looking at moving Tupou back to 13. He definitely isn't a 15.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    They should start looking at moving Tupou back to 13. He definitely isn't a 15.
    Totally agree. Jacobs was listed as short term injury cover for Tupou. Not sure of Tupou's injury or how long out. As usual. Also wondering how long before Madness will be right.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I vaguely remember the prognosis for the Madness was six weeks. he was injured in the debacle against the rabble I think. he must have about 2 weeks to go?

Foley has a good eye for talent. If CTM isn't starting, there is a pretty good reason.

I think he toured though? Perhaps he will get an opportunity off the bench soon if he trains hard?

I'm glad Sam 2-dads got benched. he was absolute toilet last week

I would also like to see Tupou given a crack at 13. I think it's his spot

I wouldn't mind seeing haircut dodger at 13 and Junior given a go on the wing

Now in my moleskin trousers and my Williams boots
    Aboard an outlaw as he leaves the chutes
    In my goose neck spurs I rake their fiery hide
    And the girls all shouting around the ringside
    Oh he's the Fulla from Cunnamulla
    Yeah he's the Cunnamulla Fulla

vCash
    Does anybody why Pat Dellit has been wing this season, instead of centre?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Probably cos we're overloaded with centres
    godwin, stanley, tupou, hayward, roselea, ctm,and now jacobs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie12345 View Post
    All that aside, I do also wonder why Ben Jacobs has been called in, plenty players who can could slot in, after last week's game, I saw nothing he did any better than any number of the boys who play there and cover injuries, wouldn't think it gives the backs-in-waiting any confidence going forward, these players are expected to show max. loyality to the Force, but doesn't seem to work both ways. Seriously, do they think at 31 he's going to be an ongoing long term prospect.
    I would guess that he was brought in primarily for his defense - I think he lead the team in tackles (if not the team, definitely the backs). No idea what he can do when he has the ball, but if they're focusing on defense lately as a strength, then that's probably the answer.

In fact, it would seem that they are planning much of the same game plan for the Chiefs as they used for the Reds. Two open-sides again, Sias again. Might not be pretty, but I'll take an ugly win! They're certainly not going to out-run the Chiefs, that's for sure. Just going to try and starve their weapons of the ball, I would guess. And, the Chiefs missed a massive amount of tackles last week, so there's hope.

vCash
    Yeah, but then based on last year, wouldn't he have gotten a go in the centres before those guys?

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Most of the bench must be on by the 50 min mark, esp Faulkner, Mathewson, Brownie and Norton-Knight.

vCash
    No Stubbs either this week, injury?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    No Stubbs either this week, injury?
    No injury, was not picked - What the

Champion
    vCash
    Sorry not really related to this thread but wasn't sure how to start a new one. Just found this on Perth NOW Rugby Gold.. WTF??

THESE are troubled times in Perth. One Western Force player was recently found lying drunk and shirtless holding an empty bottle of whiskey in a public street. Meanwhile, another player is battling a substance abuse problem.
    In an entirely unrelated matter, international winger Nick Cummins is seeking a new home after rejecting the Force's contract extension offer. The club can’t afford to lose another Wallaby. They’ll be sweating like a gyspy with a mortgage.

vCash
    Hey Jules can you give us a link to your story as I have scanned Perth Now Rugby gold and not found any stories

Thanks

Champion
    vCash
    Sure - keep reading after the first article

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/rug...-1226638984791

vCash
    written by that frakking tosspot Jamie Pandaram, who has only ever written scurrilous crap about the Force

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast