Thread: Hot off the press: New Scrum Laws for 2014.

vCash

Hot off the press: New Scrum Laws for 2014.

New scrum process approved by IRB for global trial
    http://www.irb.com/newsmedia/mediazo...d+global+trial

For me it raises more questions that relief, not sure about bind and then set, can see teams using the bind to pull together with more force. But I'll not worry about it for a while yet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 09-05-13 at 05:17.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    first thing you would do is lean on and pull your opposite number down wouldn't you?

all they have to do is reverse the stupid initiative the kiwis brought in and ban tight fitting shirts and return to the traditional jersey

scrum fixed!

dead set!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    What the heck? Gay as aids...

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    This is without doubt the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Welcome to NRL.... what a crock

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Well not as bad as you may first think.

There are video son youtube of the trials, the complaint has been about the hit causing collapses, though when I have prem games I have every few collapses (stats from my games show only 3 for the whole season so far).

The idea is that they crouch into a position about 6 inches apart, prebind and then come together. as both backs will only have 3 inches to move, the hit is gone (unless we start getting kubg fu masters in the front row who can emulate the 1 inch punch as a 3 inch set).

Once the packs are together, the referee waits for them to be stationary (i.e. hold each others weight but not driving) and then allows the scrum half to put the ball in (straight, but again that's an elite issue and less of an issue at club rugby).

In theory it will work, but then making the referees & coaches at elite level police the game as the rest of the 99% of those who play rugby at lower levels do would also have solved the problem.

My biggest gripe is that once again, because showbiz rugby can't get it right, real rugby where there is fewer issues, suffers.

We'll see how it goes in the NH, considering they will be doing it for 6 months before we even touch a ball here!

vCash
    Not the major issue for me. Scrum resets seem a bit less frequent this season, I think we only had one in the match with the Reds.

Mauls are a bigger issue at the moment; what's allowed, what's binding, how to defend, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post

Once the packs are together, the referee waits for them to be stationary (i.e. hold each others weight but not driving) and then allows the scrum half to put the ball in (straight, but again that's an elite issue and less of an issue at club rugby).
    This is the bit I'm in favour of. Isn't it like going back to the old rules? Or should I say, applying the rules as they're meant to be applied?

I'm watching this with interest.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    yes, the laws do state that's what should happen now.