Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jordy Pereira

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Dwayne needs to go has been crap for years so Much talent has been lost because of him.not taking anything away from guys who have done well but Dwayne is not the reason why they did.
    Mate you obvioisly have no idea The biggest problem Dwayne have is the crap support he has been receiving from RugbyWA in the past However Things are changing for our junior elite rugby players just watch this space
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Too little too late have been around and seen Dwayne cast aside too many young talented kids over the years simply cause they don't go to the right school or club out with the old in with the new time for change.

Senior Player
    vCash
    The forceguy are you able to expand any further on the changes we can expect to see for elite junior rugby players in this state?

To all those knocking Nestor (I have never met the bloke and know nothing about him) can I ask does anyone know of anyone who they believe could/would do a better job of identifying and developing rugby talent from this state

Apprentice
    vCash
    Too little too late have been around and seen Dwayne cast aside too many young talented kids over the years simply cause they don't go to the right school or club out with the old in with the new time for change.
    Mate you sure are a miserable whinger all you ever do is bitch especially about the refs have a go yourself
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    martin johson played two years in NZ - for King Country and then John Hart picked him in his 2nd year for the NZ U21's who played Australia.

He went home for a holiday with his kiwi wife and Leicester gave him an offer he couldn't refuse - the rest is now rugby history.......buggar

Senior Player
    vCash
    Chertubler; I've met some plonkers in my life but you must be up there with the best.

You are so totally ignorant of the facts re the Academy and junior elite programme you should be embarrassed.

Dwayne is a high calibre individual doing a stirling job with minimal resources.

When the Force start winning and a bit more money flows into Rugby WA then I think you'll see some very positive improvement in junior elite development programmes.

The word "elite" is important here. Having lots of talent doesn't automatically translate into being an elite athlete. It takes an extreme commitment from young men and their families to become an elite rugby player.

To develop elite players, Rugby WA must focus on those who have the required level of commitment. You may not be aware but Rugby WA rarely cuts players from the Academy and other programmes; its usual that the player pulls out because the commitment is too much of a strain on them and their families; that's a fact. I am aware of many players in this situation and its tough for anyone living in the outer suburbs (eg Rocky, Mandurah, Kala, ARKS, Joondalup etc) to maintain the training and travel week in week out over a number of years.

When lads finish school and obtain an apprenticeship, this usually hits hard and many have dropped out due to the fact they have to work shifts, Saturdays etc. A real shame.

There has been so much talent in clubland not achieving their potential because of this situation and I think that's what you were referring to. Please do not blame Rugby WA for this. Logistics play a role and perhaps in an ideal world there would be training centres / academies north , south and east as well as central to genuinely extract every bit of talent out of the system. It is a numbers game and that's where WA misses out.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 08-05-13 at 10:33.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Chertubler; I've met some plonkers in my life but you must be up there with the best.

You are so totally ignorant of the facts re the Academy and junior elite programme you should be embarrassed.

Dwayne is a high calibre individual doing a stirling job with minimal resources.

When the Force start winning and a bit more money flows into Rugby WA then I think you'll see some very positive improvement in junior elite development programmes.

The word "elite" is important here. Having lots of talent doesn't automatically translate into being an elite athlete. It takes an extreme commitment from young men and their families to become an elite rugby player.

To develop elite players, Rugby WA must focus on those who have the required level of commitment. You may not be aware but Rugby WA rarely cuts players from the Academy and other programmes; its usual that the player pulls out because the commitment is too much of a strain on them and their families; that's a fact. I am aware of many players in this situation and its tough for anyone living in the outer suburbs (eg Rocky, Mandurah, Kala, ARKS, Joondalup etc) to maintain the training and travel week in week out over a number of years.

When lads finish school and obtain an apprenticeship, this usually hits hard and many have dropped out due to the fact they have to work shifts, Saturdays etc. A real shame.

There has been so much talent in clubland not achieving their potential because of this situation and I think that's what you were referring to. Please do not blame Rugby WA for this. Logistics play a role and perhaps in an ideal world there would be training centres / academies north , south and east as well as central to genuinely extract every bit of talent out of the system. It is a numbers game and that's where WA misses out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    can I ask does anyone know of anyone who they believe could/would do a better job of identifying and developing rugby talent from this state
    My twin bro RM

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Don't really care what you think rm with the crap you post your opinion means nothing stand by my comment

vCash
    Don't really care what you think rm with the crap you post your opinion means nothing stand by my comment
    This sentence would have worked a whole lot better with the comma!

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    I stand by my comment as well: you're a plonker!

Champion
    vCash
    I don't know the man personally but when the storm hit last night at 6 30 he was down at Wests taking the boy's thru some drill's and got bloody saturated doing it so you have to admire that,he could've come up with an excuse to dodge it but he didn't not like some of our softcock players

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    RM, your shooting down your own argument regarding the length of time it takes to 'transform into an 'elite' athlete when all the Academy programmes should focus on is producing rugby players. All this dribble of 'elite testing' , 'elite strength and conditioning' and blah, blah is the rhetoric of people like Nestor trying to hide the fact he's not producing the required results. ie buying time. The drop out rate from the academy is due to the fact guys are in there for 3,4 or 5 years and never get a crack at higher level rugby because the current set up is not producing the required results. Guys are slogging it out for years just to get overlooked. This is because the wrong people are identifying the wrong talent and trying to find some kind of super race of rugby machines instead of simply giving guys a crack at higher level rugby to see if their good enough.
    Nestor runs this 'academy' his way already, he should therefore be accountable for it. Why hire the CEO to fix it if it's going so well?

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Senior Player
    vCash
    I'm beginning to think Perth should be re-named "Plonkerville".

NTT, the CEO was hired because the last guy resigned. The Academy had nothing to do with it. The improvement of the Force's fortunes was and is paramount in his and the Board's thinking. From there, other things will flow.

There are measures in place to improve the amount of local product in the Force team structure but it will take time to get to where we'd all like it to be.

The leakage from Perth club to interstate / overseas etc is a problem but the vast majority of players even in the Academy are not good enough to make it at the top level. Most wouldn't be good enough for Sydney Shute Shield.

The challenge from my perspective is to increase development opportunities (15's and 7's) for all players in their teenage and twenties years via State teams, tours, intensive training clinics so the real talent can be identified. WA is not producing enough players to genuinely play at S15 Level or be future Wallabies. We're looking for freaks, not your every day rugby player eg the Giteau's, Coopers, Genias of this world.

We do produce players with the ability to play at Force A level; its that next level up that is not happening at the moment but it will happen. A bit more money would facilitate this.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Although I agree with much of it, I think that is a slightly dim view. We've produced more than half a dozen players who are Super Rugby quality. One who will almost definitely wear gold (Godwin), one who probably would have had he not lost so many years to injury (Turner) and an ever increasing representation in the U20s.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast