Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jordy Pereira

vCash

Jordy Pereira

Congratulations to 18 yr old Kalamunda product Jordy Pereira on being selected to represent Samoa at the U/20s World Cup this year. Despite the best efforts of myself and others around WA metro rugby to get this guy recognised by RugbyWA talent scouts he has had to go elsewhere for an opportunity. This guy is 10 times the winger Brad Lacey is and would have made the Aus U/20s except rugby 'geniuses' like Dwayne Nestor does not pick players outside of Cott, UNI or Soaks. Hang your head in shame talent scouts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Hopefully he shows off his stuff and they start paying attention to him.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Was Jordan only 18?!? He is a monster for his age then, plays similar to Julian savea! So many good players not getting the right opportunities over here, is sad to see
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    ARU is not blameless on this matter. With the provencial junior academies being scrapped in place of the NSW and Queensland centralised model.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    NTT - Firstly congrats to Jordy and we all wish him the best in France next year but why do you have to go and ruin all the excellent sentiment with an attack on one of the lads who have made it. The selection process may be flawed and some talent may not be getting the breaks that they should but to slag off a kid who has made it is poor form.

All the lads that had a crack, whether they made the final cut or not deserve a big hand not getting knocked. I am not sure of the initial selection criteria but lets try and be positive and change that as opposed to knocking the young lads who is also going to France.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    NTT - we all wish him the best in France next year.
    NTT, please get an urgent message to Jordy.

The tournament is next month not next year.

Wouldn't want him to miss it.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Congratulations to 18 yr old Kalamunda product Jordy Pereira on being selected to represent Samoa at the U/20s World Cup this year. Despite the best efforts of myself and others around WA metro rugby to get this guy recognised by RugbyWA talent scouts he has had to go elsewhere for an opportunity. This guy is 10 times the winger Brad Lacey is and would have made the Aus U/20s except rugby 'geniuses' like Dwayne Nestor does not pick players outside of Cott, UNI or Soaks. Hang your head in shame talent scouts.
    Couldn't agree more with DinkyDi. Why attacking Brad Lacey? He is also from Wests, so there goes your theory on only picking players from Soaks, Uni and Cott! Didn't know Nestor was an Aus u/20 selector either!

Is Jordy eligible to play for Aus since he is presenting Samoa now?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Unless they've changed the rules, then he would still be eligible for Australia. Martin Johnson played for NZ U21s.

Champion
    vCash
    NTT you have let yourself and your club down ,I have always found your posts to be informatve and without bias however your attack on young Brad Lacey is fucken crap and to post shit like this is no better than the idiot who bagged Ollie Hoskins selection a little while back.I have no problem with guy's pushing their own club 's barrow but to bag one of our own's selection in a national side is not on.If this kid you reckon is so shit hot why did Wests smoke your mob by so much because I can't recollect him at all.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    It's complicated. I am pretty sure that, under the IRB's rule for qualification, if a player plays for the U20 side of a country that has no 'A' team (second national side), they are tied to that country for qualification purposes. Samoa A has played against a handful of Australian sides this year so I don't think that will be a problem.

Interestingly, Australia doesn't have an 'A' side at the moment so I don't know where that leaves our guys.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    If you're correct James, that is one of the most illogical, ill concieved and discriminatory sporting regulations I've ever heard of.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Under 20s doesnt count towards counrty lock out.

"A" sides 7s and of course test caps do.

2 players in the aus u20s this year from qld played for Fiji last year and this year they will play for aus.

If Jordy is good enough next year he can still be selected for aus.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    Dwayne needs to go has been crap for years so Much talent has been lost because of him.not taking anything away from guys who have done well but Dwayne is not the reason why they did.

vCash
    Your're all a little right & a little wrong.

All unions have to nominate what teams are classed as their 2nd team. For Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, etc, it's the A team.

For France, Wales, etc, it is the U20's (As they have no A team). I'm not sure which team it is for Samoa, but if they have nominated U20's, then he is country locked to Samoa, if they have an A team, then he won't be. I have a list somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    didn't Samoa send an "A" team over here earlier this year?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast