http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...imic-brumbies/

Coach Michael Foley believes Super Rugby battlers Western Force are laying the foundations to mimic the remarkable turnaround of the Brumbies.

The Brumbies won just four games on the way to a 13th-placed finish in 2011, but the two-time champions have been a major force since coach Jake White took over later that year.

Although the Brumbies narrowly missed out on a finals berth in 2012, they currently sit on top of the table ahead of Saturday night's clash with the Force in Canberra.

The Force are yet to reach the finals since their inception in 2006, and are headed for another fruitless year after tallying just two wins from their first nine games.

But Foley is confident the Force are doing the right things to follow the Brumbies' example.

"The Brumbies story is a story that's seen often in sport. There are a number of teams that have been able to turn things around quickly just by getting the right people and developing the right behaviours into habits," Foley said.

"What Jake has done at the Brumbies along with (forwards coach) Laurie Fisher has been a really great example of what can happen if there's enough time (spent) just repeating good habits.

"Those habits extend beyond the 80 minutes.

"We're developing good habits. They're not ingrained as yet, but the guys are motivated to want to do those sort of things.

"I think from our point of view, recruiting the right people to add to that going forward is a big decision as well."

The Brumbies were forced to defend grimly in last week's 19-19 draw with the Reds.

Queensland director of coaching Ewen McKenzie described the Brumbies' style of play as cynical and boring, but the Canberra-based franchise made no apologies for their tactics.

The Brumbies will start hot favourites against the Force, but Foley's men are taking a no-fear approach into the game.

The Force will be bolstered by the return of inside centre Kyle Godwin, who was rested from last week's 22-16 loss to the Hurricanes.

Godwin has been in hot form this season, prompting injured Brumbies flanker David Pocock to label the 20-year-old a future Wallaby.

"I'm very humbled and flattered. David Pocock's a great player and anyone would love to mould their game on the way he goes about his rugby," Godwin said.

"He's unbelievably professional, and he gives everything 100 per cent to make himself the best rugby player he can possibly be. He's been a great inspiration for me.

"When I see him I always have a good chat with him. He's a lovely guy."