Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockingham growth focus for revamp

vCash

Rockingham growth focus for revamp

By RugbyWA Media Unit

RugbyWA is currently working with the Rockingham Rugby Union Football Club to assist them to grow player and team numbers to meet the standards required to compete in the RugbyWA Senior Premiership competition.

In 2013, Rockingham has fielded one team in the Pindan Premier Grade, and one each in the Reserve and Fourth Grades of the Premiership competition. Each Premiership club is required to field five teams across all grades of the Premiership.

To assist the club, RugbyWA has agreed to include Rockingham’s lower grades in First and Second Grade of the Championship competitions, while their First Grade side will remain in the in the Pindan Premiership Grade.

RugbyWA and Rockingham see this as the best solution for rugby in the South and will ensure that the club has the best opportunity to grow into a strong, viable rugby club.

This arrangement will be in place for the remainder of the 2013 season.

RugbyWA will also assist the club by working with their committee to aid their viability for the future.

“Our primary objective is to assist Rockingham to grow their senior club,” RugbyWA’s Manager Community Rugby, Andrew Hill said.

“We’re keen to see Rockingham maintain their place in the Premiership and we’ll provide strategic guidance to assist them.”

Rockingham Rugby Union Football Club says the club is keen to remain in the Premiership.

“Rockingham Rugby Union Football Club will honour this agreement for the 2013 season,” he said.

“We will meet with RugbyWA in September to discuss the sustainability of the club and its future in the Premiership competition prior to our AGM.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Was that a sock puppet speaking for Rockingham?

Did anyone check Andrew's hands and feet?

More muppets than a Sesame Street reunion.

vCash
    Oh God, the lines write themselves.

Animal Farm all over again, with poor old Rockingham featuring as Boxer the Horse.

"I will work harder" says Boxer

"Napoleon is always right"

And at the end of Boxer's usefulness, as he is driven to the Knacker's yard, the treacherous, grasping, agenda driven pigs say "We'll take you to the Vet".

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 23-04-13 at 23:03.

Senior Player
    vCash
    By RugbyWA Media Unit

RugbyWA will also assist the club by working with their committee to aid their viability for the future.

Name one person at rugby wa that has these skills?

Sounds like euthanasia with the doctor coming at Rocky with a large syringe saying "this won't hurt a bit!"

vCash
    Kermit.

vCash
    I know I am not a member of any club in WA.
    I just have to ask one question of you
    " Why the hell don't you work together" if ones in trouble help them out.
    From what I have read in since I have been on this site I'm surprised that as many clubs exist. You should be proud if you have a great colts team but if you have to many in one position talk to the club next door and do a trade.
    It might just mean someone gets more game time but from the feed back that I've had of this site I'm wasting my time.
    You guys/clubs must work together whether you like it or not!

Last edited by SNOB; 23-04-13 at 23:40.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Congratulations Hansie oh great former leader.

The plan for Nedlands domination has started.

Ha Ha Ha ......

vCash
    The last paragraph of that "Media Release" is either the effort of the work experience kid late on a Friday afternoon, or a deliberate and miscalculated affront to the intelligence of the intended readership.

after quoting the motherhood pap of Andrew Hill, it provides a further quote from him "We will meet with RugbyWA in September to discuss the sustainability of the club and its future in the Premiership competition prior to our AGM."

Since when has Andrew Hill been a member of Rockingham Rugby Union Club, been appointed spokesman for the Club, and been authorised by the Club to speak on their behalf on this issue, where he is the proponent of RugbyWA's actions to the detriment of the Club's position?

And if the quote purports its source to be some other person actually speaking on the Club's behalf, where is the attribution to the maker of the statement?

Bloody muppets.

vCash
    SNOB, that's exactly what I'm doing. The premiership clubs are not each other's enemies here.

That mantle falls elsewhere.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    SNOB, that's exactly what I'm doing. The premiership clubs are not each other's enemies here.

That mantle falls elsewhere.
    When will we hear an official statement from rockingham so as I see it currently rockinghams opponents on Saturday miss out on a third grade game with this new system in place their opponents will now have no second third or fourth grade game as these teams are. Ow playing in another comp make great sense to me
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash

Wink

While I don't always appreciate or respect some of the vitriol that spews out on WTF (which I'll put down to the passion of rugby tragics), I do assume and defer to the experience and background knowledge of many of the members.

I'm not an employee of Rugby WA, but do understand that one of the main stated goals is to develop and grow rugby union within WA. (I know there are many cynics out there, which are often used to describe realists, but bear with me)

I do not understand why members are 'so' aghast at the decision in line with a 'constitution' that is supposedly there to protect the game, that if a club is not delivering its product I.e. teams and participants - not 'results', then action is required ? If as one member said this has been a problem for 10 years, then perhaps that suggests an underlying issue i.e. the club is not demographically able to meet the constitutional requirements ?

Of course some members immediately talk about logistics, not playing at the same location, players benching and not getting games etc - however to me that becomes more and more irrelevant as teams (not clubs) become intrinsically stronger. And at the end of the day, create a strong and stable competition (with what you have) and the competitors will come.

Playing most of my rugby in UK, through amateur and professional codes, it was always about your team's fixture for the day, not the club's..we often disappeared to different venues, but you always knew you'd catch up at your own club or the 'club pub' afterwards. This did not weaken but strengthened the team (and hence club) culture and identity.

Is it preferable that we allow a club to struggle through, certain grades either not existing or providing ongoing forfeits, in part because they are so stretched to field grades due to low player numbers. What does this mean to the logistics and frustrations of their intended competitors that weekend ?

I'd much rather have 2 stronger, clearly delineated competitions, based on competitive and stable teams, not a 'minimum number', rather than stretch the resources too thinly over a single comp (look at Australian Super 15 for the perils of that one).

I agree with many past posts on the apparent inefficiency or awkwardness of many of EWF / Rugby WA's past initiatives (or lack of), however to me any action rather than no action is preferable if we've reached a sticking point on the development of a certain competition, team, code etc.

Let the vitriol spew forth ! (I look forward to hearing how I'm an idealist (or simply a fool ) and if I learn something in the meantime then all good

vCash
    In complete agreement with Sprog ... it can strengthen the team intrinsically ... and yes the end goal maybe a viable, strong competition. However the journey can ill afford collateral damage in the demise of a club that has potential strengths.
    Rocky needs assistance, no denying but other actions need rethinking.
    I also believe any comparison to English club models is hazardous given the density of clubs, and demographics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Rocky needs assistance, no denying but other actions need rethinking.
    Such as?

They are a struggling club that does not have the players to be competitive in grades 1 - 4, they don't have a big player base, they have to compete with the local League club, there is also a new union club down that way, additionally they have no juniors. There is no easy solution other than finding a sugar daddy that is prepared to pay big bucks and fly over a sh!tload of kiwis. And that is not a good long term strategy.

vCash
    the problems at rocky are all rugbywa's making. when I was involved down there there were massive junior numbers, a passionate core of support f pi r the seniors and (despite some disagreements at board level) a real old school club atmosphere.

now tubes has (in their wisdom) thrown massive support to two different breakaway clubs (kwinana and mandurah )yet they lament rockingham's, lack of fiscal viability, lack of junior numbers, susceptibility to contracting raids by other clubs etc. you can't have it both ways!

under pi trinitrotoluene t e boat at have sailed, IMHO the solution should d have been consultancy before Manish split off in an attempt to overcome e the vitriol
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Rockingham has a huge catchment area for a Prem club, many untapped schools and colleges but appear to lack community involvement & local recruitment drives. A few more volunteers and contacts would be the assistance ... that would raise the profile and a player base to accommodate the 2/3 teams.
    A known, returning coach, returning players and old boys that can help ... they should be given time and that help to get up.
    An explanation from RWA of the split is essential to give the rugby community some level of confidence that they know what they're doing .... or perhaps a vote of no confidence !

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast