Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FORCE NAMED TO FRONT ‘CANES IN WELLINGTON

vCash
    Kyle is our top tackler this year, he needs to be rested cannot keep putting it on the line.

Whits has not impressed at all in his very few appearances due to injuries, does not appear to be the player he promised to be.

Hilterbrandt is chomping at the bit great to see him given a go.

Alfi has been targeted the past few games and not made as many chances as at the start of the season, deserves a break, has also had a niggling hand injury to boot.

We have large squad that has been more or less injury free this year so rotation and changes are the nature of the game, we tackled very hard last week and together with a long flight to NZ and jet lag we need to watch their welfare.

I want to see the strongest team when we hit the Reds at home rather than risk injuries or burn out now

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    The season is roadkill anyway, so I'd be happy if we just concentrated on stuffing up the Australian teams and winning a few more home games.

vCash
    Yep. The team has been progressing OK so far, IMO, with the exception of the step back against the Rabble a couple of weeks back. Most of us said if they put in good effort and collected a few wins we'd be happy with year one of the relaunch. Don't think many were including a win against the 'Saders and an away wind agains the Reds. So I'd say they are pretty much on track.

BTW, of the reasons not to pick Stanley at 13, I wouldn't have thought poor defense was one.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I hate small thinking and farking excuses
    The Force should be aiming to win every farking game on the run home
    This team is bollocks unless the players "rested" are out with injury
    It seems they have conceded this game. This mentality is for gimps

Rookie
    vCash
    Look forward to seeing Junior get more ball. He looked impressive vs Canes. Fast strong and good quick feet , steps both ways. Godwin has been outstanding and deserves a rest. Alfie probably has a niggle as wingers shouldn't need a rest
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I see their reason for resting, but I think it would be excellent if we could back up with a win in NZ after all the whingeing from them this week. I guess I have more interest in beating the Kiwi sides than the other teams, so probably that's why I'm questioning the team selection. Maybe.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    I think Stanley plays well but he's a bit light on defence wise.
    D is not Stanley's problem, speed is.

If he gets there he tackles really well, but he's a bit slow in the current game.

Maybe with Junior playing crash ball inside him he might get some bigger gaps to run into, God knows Junior has done enough to draw a couple of tacklers in his last match.

Once Stanley is in a gap that's big enough for him to chug through, he knows what to do with it.

I hope to God Foley is playing some masterful game of rock em sock em chess and countering the Canes team with brilliant selections! If they win this one, with some of the WTF selection decisions, somebody will need to write a song in his honor!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Maybe with Junior playing crash ball inside him he might get some bigger gaps to run into, God knows Junior has done enough to draw a couple of tacklers in his last match.

Once Stanley is in a gap that's big enough for him to chug through, he knows what to do with it.
    Definitely - when is the last time you saw Stanley break the line? Seems to be an intelligent player, goes OK on defense, but just not producing on attack. Contrast that with Junior who got over the gainline with nearly every touch, through footwork or power.

One game doesn't make a superstar, so I hope he continues it this week. Barrett isn't known as such a great defender, so maybe we'll see more of the same from Junior, and as you said, open things up for Stanley.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Is MacCalman injured?

vCash
    Its a long brutal season, rotation and rest is definitely required. It also builds depth in the squad. We need 2 or 3 guys fighting hard for each position if we are to be a consistent finals contender. Also there is no point burning out a young guy like Godwin. He will be a 10 year player for us if managed properly. Most of this backline has been kept relatively fresh and same in the forwards. This road trip is also going to be physically taxing on the boys. It's not like we are resting players against 'easybeats', we are bringing in fresh legs against a team we have not had a good record against. We have never won in Wellington, this could be about to change.

Force by 1pt.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Is MacCalman injured?
    Broken nose!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Broken nose!
    And how! Saw him after the game last week and it was defo very broken! Think he might have had a bit of concussion too as he said he couldn't remember much of the game.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Definitely - when is the last time you saw Stanley break the line? Seems to be an intelligent player, goes OK on defense, but just not producing on attack.
    Scored a good try in the Cheetahs game, breaking the line, IIRC. Also scored in the Rebels game, though that was after someone else broke the line, but he seemed quick enough then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Scored a good try in the Cheetahs game, breaking the line, IIRC. Also scored in the Rebels game, though that was after someone else broke the line, but he seemed quick enough then.
    He ddnt really break the line. He was on the Wing running down the touch he did show abit of pass to get to the line though

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    I thought Cummins was due back? Alfi really hurt his hand in Sydney..and he dropped the odd ball or two last week very uncharacteristic..... I think he needs to rest that hand at least... IMHO..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast