Thread: LUKE MORAHAN JOINS THE FORCE FOR 2014

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

LUKE MORAHAN JOINS THE FORCE FOR 2014

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Queensland Reds and Wallabies outside back Luke Morahan will join the Emirates Western Force next season after signing for two years.

Morahan will join a 2014 Force line-up that already includes the likes of Matt Hodgson, Hugh McMeniman, Alby Mathewson, Chris Alcock, Kyle Godwin, Nathan Charles and Sias Ebersohn.

The 23-year-old made his Super Rugby debut for the Queenslanders in 2009 against the Lions in Brisbane and has accumulated 41 caps during five seasons with the Reds.

In 2012 – having previously been a part of Wallabies touring squads in 2009 and 2010 – he made his Test debut for the Wallabies, starting at fullback in the side’s 9-6 loss to Scotland in Newcastle.

The pacey fullback/winger was a member of the 2010 Commonwealth Games silver medal-winning Australian Sevens side, having also been a member of the national squad in 2008-2009 – scoring a squad high 27 tries for the season and fourth highest overall – and 2009-2010.

The former Australia A Schoolboy representative, who played all 17 matches for the Reds in their Australian Conference-winning season in 2012, says he’s excited about joining the Force for the next stage of the side’s relaunch.

“There’s been some really good signs for the team this season and for the direction of the side in the future, and I’m looking forward to being a part of that,” he said.

“I really like the style of rugby they’ve played and that they want to play. [Michael] Foley’s got them on the right track and I think it’ll be a style of game that will suit me and I’m really looking forward to giving it a crack over there.

“I’ve spoken to a few guys about the Force in the past, ex-players like Nathan Sharpe and current players like Matt Hodgson, Richard Brown and Nick Cummins, and they’ve always spoken very highly of it, they say it’s a great place and that they love it, and so it wasn’t that hard a decision really.”

Head Coach Michael Foley says Morahan is a dynamic addition to the Emirates Western Force backline in 2014.

“Luke’s a quality attacking player who’s been a strong performer for both the Australian Sevens and Reds,” he said.

“We’re very pleased to have him on board from next season and he’ll add further depth to our back three.”

Name: Luke Morahan
    Born: 13/04/1990
    Position: Fullback/wing
    Height: 1.89m
    Weight: 95kg
    Representative Rugby: 2009-2012 Wallabies, 2009-2013 Queensland Reds, 2008-2010, 2012 Australian Sevens, 2007 Australia A Schoolboys

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    SCHWEWT!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Awesome!! "IF" we were to get JOC back also, we'd have a decent back lineup.

vCash
    weve got a decent back line now. But we need a great back line