Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Madness Re-Signs until 2015!!!

Veteran
    vCash

Madness Re-Signs until 2015!!!

Rampaging lock Hugh McMeniman has committed to the next stage of the Emirates Western Force’s relaunch by re-signing with the club for a further two seasons.

McMeniman, who is yet to complete negotiations with the Australian Rugby Union, has been a star performer in the Emirates Western Force pack this season, starting in the second row in all but one of the Emirates Western Force’s seven matches.

The 29-year-old returned to Super Rugby this season after three years with Japanese club, the Kubota Spears, having previously spent five seasons with the Queensland Reds.

The powerful, hard-running forward – nicknamed ‘Madness’ – earned 21 Test caps for the Wallabies between 2005 and 2009, including four appearances during Australia’s 2007 Rugby World Cup campaign. McMeniman began his Test career with his debut against Samoa in Sydney in 2005 after progressing through the ranks of Australian rugby with the Australian Schoolboys (2001) and Australia A (2005).

McMeniman’s re-signing follows that of captain Matt Hodgson, who has also recommitted for a further two seasons.

McMeniman says his preference was to stay in Western Australia with the Emirates Western Force.

“I’ve loved playing my rugby here with the Force and in Perth; I’ve really enjoyed being part of the program and being a part of this playing group,” he said.

“The direction we’re heading in is very positive. Already this season we’ve taken a number of big steps as a side; there’s a clear direction in terms of where we want to end up and we’re on our way to achieving that.

“Foles [Michael Foley] and the coaching staff have been fantastic for me and my development, and having Joycey [Head of Athletic Performance, David Joyce] here has been a big bonus for me as well.

“While there was interest elsewhere, I was always keen to stay with the Force. My partner Georgie and I really like living in Perth, we’ve got some great friends here now and I know it’s the best place for me to continue my footy.

“There’s no doubt that we’re building towards some good results in the future and it’s exciting to know I’ll be a part of it.”

Head Coach Michael Foley says McMeniman’s signature is an endorsement for the direction of the Emirates Western Force.

“It’s fantastic to have Hugh re-sign with us and it’s testament to the culture that’s being created within the team,” he said.

“Anyone who’s watched Hugh play will know how competitive and ambitious he is and it’s a ringing endorsement for the blokes he plays with that he wants to continue his career with us here at the Force.”

Meanwhile, Emirates Western Force Forwards Coach Nick Stiles will join the Queensland Reds for the 2014 Super Rugby season.

Stiles informed the club that a desire to return his young family to Brisbane after seven years in Japan and Perth was the key factor for the move back to Queensland.

Stiles, who joined the Emirates Western Force for the 2011 season, will continue his role within the club’s coaching staff through until the end of the 2013 Super Rugby season.

Name: Hugh McMeniman
    Born: 01/11/1983
    Position: Lock/flanker
    Height: 200cm
    Weight: 114kg
    Representative Rugby: 2005-2008 Wallabies, 2005-2009 Queensland Reds, 2005 Australia A, 2001 Australian Schoolboys

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/NewsEvents...9/Default.aspx

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    boooyeah!!!!!!!!!!!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Great news :-)

vCash
    Fanfukcingtastic news! Good onya Madness.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Brilliant news

Hopefully his shoulder injury isn't to bad

vCash
    This is huge news, especially after Saturday.

While we may not be getting the results on the field, there has to be something good happening in the playing group.

Thanks Hugh, we needed something like this to make us keep on believing.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    great stuff!
    who's next!!!

vCash
    Best news so far!!!!! If the boys are recommitting this early in the year something has to be going good from within the camp.

vCash
    ABC granstand have tweeted a link saying that we got morahan as well. to be announced in the next day or so.

vCash
    Great signing
    How is his shoulder?

Controversy corner

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Great signing
    How is his shoulder?
    Apparently only 4-6 weeks out.

Youfaaarginbeeeaauutyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

On all counts....!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Great news! That's him re-signing. The shoulder is bad news. We are going to miss him while he has his feet up. Hopefully he will be fit for the Lions, cause the Wallabies could use a real man in the forward pack.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash

Unhappy Hugh McMeniman has shoulder injury to stymie Wallabies recall bid

Jim Tucker From: The Courier-Mail April 09, 2013 12:03pm

HUGH McMeniman's bold run at a Wallabies recall has been thrown into limbo with scans revealing a fracture in his left shoulder which will sideline him for six weeks.

The high-impact Western Force lock may now have just a single comeback game against the Highlanders in Perth on May 25 before the naming of the Wallabies squad to prepare for the British and Irish Lions series.

A squad of 25 players will go into camp with Wallabies coach Robbie Deans on June 2.

McMeniman might still get the chance to play for the Force against the Lions in Perth on June 5 as an ideal arena to prove he is influential enough to be called up.

McMeniman and Melbourne's Luke Jones top the number of ball-carries (57) amongs Australian forwards in Super Rugby this season while McMeniman is also one of the most reliable lineout winners in the country.

The physical nature to his play had caught the eye after his re-entry to Super Rugby following a stint in Japan.

Unfortunately, his poor track record for big injuries has resurfaced at just the wrong time after he damaged his shoulder in a collision with Rebels prop Nick Henderson in Perth last weekend.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-g...-1226615694132

Huge loss unfortunately

Wykesy and Lynn are really going to have to step up now cos neither have been setting the world on fire... but speaking of fire at least Phoenix will get a bit of a run.

vCash
    How good is that!!! Could he be the next "Sharpie" in Hertryk's "eyes"...

vCash
    Any news on MMM and how his recovery from injury is going?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast