Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Western Force Team Announced - Wykes Eyes 50

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post

Wonder what Brownie and Pek think about being rested in a Lions tour year.
    Possibly that they are in contenton? The policy is for provincial coaches to manage resting Wallaby contenders with the tour matches in mind, IIRC?
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Possibly that they are in contenton? The policy is for provincial coaches to manage resting Wallaby contenders with the tour matches in mind, IIRC?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Maybe. But the tour matches are more than 2 months away yet....

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    I'd like to see the whole of the bench get some decent time. There is some good talent there.

I remain to be convinced about Stanley. And Delitt for that matter. Would have preferred Norton Knight at fullback, Tupou in the centres for Stanley, and Junior in for Delitt.

The conservative selection suggests a conservative game plan. Patience is fine - we also need some gamebreakers....

Player
    vCash
    Speaking of the bench...
    Up until now Foles has gone with a 5 forwards 2 backs split on the bench. Interesting he has gone with a 4 - 3 split this week.
    Could mean more time for Christie and SN-K this week.
    We look like we have a lot more depth this year and I think this will mean that we will continue to improve all year. Competition for places is fierce and will bring out the best in the team and suggests to me we will still be strong at the end.
    We do lack penetration inside the red zone and I think it is in part because we don't have enough support for the ball carriers going forward. Several times the break or half break has been made and our ball carrier dies with the ball because there is no-one with him to take the off-load.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    We do lack penetration inside the red zone and I think it is in part because we don't have enough support for the ball carriers going forward. Several times the break or half break has been made and our ball carrier dies with the ball because there is no-one with him to take the off-load.
    I wonder what's happened to the Meehan influence in attack? In the first match, they looked like they were playing straight out of his playbook, with a good offload and continuity game.

Looks to me like Foley said "OK, we gave that a try and we lost - now back to stodgy, Tah's-style rugby."

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    I wonder what's happened to the Meehan influence in attack? In the first match, they looked like they were playing straight out of his playbook, with a good offload and continuity game.

Looks to me like Foley said "OK, we gave that a try and we lost - now back to stodgy, Tah's-style rugby."
    If so, that sucks.

We know that stodgy Foley-ball will still lose plenty of games. Ultimately it's a dead end.

Veteran
    vCash
    I don't mind the rotation policy, it keeps all top grade players in the team, they don't have to wonder about leaving to another club to get game time. I don't ever believe that it is just for resting. Look at the props that we have, Cowan, Longbottom, Faulkner, Ma'afu, Manu... You only ever have three in a team, how do you keep them all wanting to stay at the Force?

Same with our back row, gotta keep them all in the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2