Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: FORCE FALL JUST SHORT IN TIGHT TAHS ENCOUNTER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    Apparently he is not in contention for the Green and Gold, or so they believe hence the move. Madness on RD's part if true
    yet RD wont have a job come years end again it makes no sence to me...but good luck to the bloke

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    We met his family at the game on Saturday - they are absolutely gorgeous :-) We will miss him hugely, but I wish him and them all the very best :-)

Now, where is David Smith's number.....?!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash

Hello Ray!

Just want to say hello to Ray who I chatted to at the baggage carousel at Perth airport this arvo! He is a regular reader of the forum but hasn't yet registered! I said he should come on board and join the discussions :-))

Spookily, he had actually been standing with Hertryk, Muddly, Mrs Muddly, Sheikh and I when we were chatting to Alfie and to Sam Wykes' mum & dad after the game at the SFS!! Small world!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    substantiated I am afraid - he has done it for the right reasons - supporting his very large expended family and the dollars are too much to turn down when looking after another 6-8 dependents (mum, dad, etc etc)
    http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/exc...ayer-payments/

very relevant to this discussion

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Is Ed Stubbs on the injury list?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Nope. And he's really pissed about not getting a gig yet!
    Ah man! In a year when we have to face the Lions, talented guys like him or Robbie Coleman from the Brumbies need far more exposure! At this rate they'll even pick Folau ahead of Jesse Mogg!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    So now just when we're starting to get the backline together with the newfound talent!!! Jeeesssh! Here we go again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    At this rate they'll even pick Folau ahead of Jesse Mogg!

They just might do that. If they want to keep him in Rugby. There's a strong rumour aroung Belmore that he'll be a Bulldog next year and Frank the Tank will be an Eel.

FX: ducks head.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Just want to say hello to Ray who I chatted to at the baggage carousel at Perth airport this arvo! He is a regular reader of the forum but hasn't yet registered! I said he should come on board and join the discussions :-))

Spookily, he had actually been standing with Hertryk, Muddly, Mrs Muddly, Sheikh and I when we were chatting to Alfie and to Sam Wykes' mum & dad after the game at the SFS!! Small world!
    Is that who I was chatting to? Hello Ray!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Is that who I was chatting to? Hello Ray!
    More than likely! Lol :-D

vCash
    Being a pro rugby player, especially in your younger years, is no bed of roses. You train 5 - 6 days a week for a average wage ($50k on an EPS) on top of playing once a week against guys who want to rip your head off and take your spot. One injury and you are effectively out with not so much as a by your leave. You can’t be a young lad and party with your mates without someone taking a pot shot at you and if you are seen "out" the press vilify you. Then there are those that work their arses off for a crack and spend four years on the bench either behind the incumbent or because they are not quite what the current coach is looking for. In addition, your every move at training or on the field is scrutinised by every man/woman (NB: Not on TWF of course) and their dog and you get dumped on if you have an off game or get beaten by a better player.

When they do make it to a certain level, a la Mafi, the next step is ultimately political (should not be but .....) and you have a finite time to make your money prior to vanishing into the wilderness.

If you have managed to juggle training and a degree, you may get a job, though by the time you do, you are in your 30s and the oldest starter at whatever you do.

However, I would have given my children's eye teeth to have a crack and be paid to play. With good comes the bad in everything though I think we sometimes expect too much from our rugby lads. Not many of them profess to be saintly or role models and those that do are usually the unique ones (Sharpie comes to mind).

Let the guys earn their cash in the limited time they have. It’s a job now but it should also be a passion. Loyalty should be rewarded but in the past it has not been with the old management assuming that local players will stay regardless of crappy pay.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Nicely said DD
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4