Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GAME DAY - SR2013 - #WARvFOR

vCash
    Ineffective back line .....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A frustrating game for both teams.

The cruelest job in Australia is being a Force forward. Week in, week out they blow their opponents off the park only to watch the backs drop it, lose it, get turned over or kick it away.

The Force pack dominated the Tahs. They matched their scrum and dominated the ruck and maul. The pick and drive was excellent. They created a handful of opportunities for a pedestrain backline to fark it up.

I wouldn't let those gimps get the ball. Pick and go for 40 minutes and then do it again

backs are gay

Controversy corner

vCash
    I disagree with you this week Rex. Too many turnovers @ the breakdown in the 2nd half when the game was up for grabs. There's a tall bald headed man on our flight home who agrees too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    What did the backline do with the 62% of possession?

edit..........the Force backs made the tahs backline look good with the scraps of ball they had

Controversy corner

vCash
    True. Frustrating is the right word.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I disagree with you this week Rex. Too many turnovers @ the breakdown in the 2nd half when the game was up for grabs. There's a tall bald headed man on our flight home who agrees too.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yesterday I agree the pack was a bit toilet. We turned the pill over twice when we were 4 points down and threatening the line in the last 5 minutes. We should have had 2 tries
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yep, last week we had better intensity AND technique at the beakdown, this week we were beaten at too many rucks - with bloody penalty goals the result too many times.

vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Too True! Those penalties in 1st half cost us the game - those missed kicks would also have won us the game - oh well. But we had so much of the ball that last few minutes and didn't use it. Didn't seem to be a plan! The team seems to be working solid in all areas but would like to see some creative attacking lines. Also it appeared that whenever a player makes a break both in this weeks game and last weeks, eg Godwin, Dellitt Brown Hodgson they stop dead in their tracks. I've like to see them take on the option of a hard run to the tryline instead of waiting for support. But we just handed them the game at the end.

vCash
    Just saw Nathan @ the airpprt. Not happy. He's not alone.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Which Nathan ????

vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I can't believe I was on the wrong flight...Bugger...
    Is this tall bald bloke living in Perth..or coming over for a visit

Last edited by hertryk; 02-04-13 at 13:29.

vCash
    thought every time Dellit got the ball he was in slow motion.. is there something wrong with his gearbox or something, seems he was stuck in second.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Too True! Those penalties in 1st half cost us the game - those missed kicks would also have won us the game - oh well. But we had so much of the ball that last few minutes and didn't use it. Didn't seem to be a plan! The team seems to be working solid in all areas but would like to see some creative attacking lines. Also it appeared that whenever a player makes a break both in this weeks game and last weeks, eg Godwin, Dellitt Brown Hodgson they stop dead in their tracks. I've like to see them take on the option of a hard run to the tryline instead of waiting for support. But we just handed them the game at the end.
    You can't blame the missed kicks, there are always missed penalties etc...

We need more runners off the side, hodgo made a huge break and it was stanley who dropped it (did NOT have a good game at all!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    A frustrating game for both teams.

The cruelest job in Australia is being a Force forward. Week in, week out they blow their opponents off the park only to watch the backs drop it, lose it, get turned over or kick it away.

The Force pack dominated the Tahs. They matched their scrum and dominated the ruck and maul. The pick and drive was excellent. They created a handful of opportunities for a pedestrain backline to fark it up.

I wouldn't let those gimps get the ball. Pick and go for 40 minutes and then do it again

backs are gay
    The forwards were good, but there was not enough ball protection in the ruck. There were WAY too many turnovers.

But yes, our back line does not have the penetration it needs. They don't ever seem to be able to run off their mates shoulder enough. That makes holes and get you over the advantage line.

something needs to happen with Stanely, i think he messed up everytime he touched the pill, sorry bud, 6 games is enough to prove it. He was even off his game in defence, which is his strong suit! Hayward? CTM? not sure, but something needs to change.

Godwin was very quiet this game, not 100% sure why either....

There were a lot of missed tackles, Brown, Lynn, Cowan... i noticed they all fell of quite a few, not sure what they are doing there either.

MMM MoM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Godwin was very quiet this game, not 100% sure why either...
    I suspect he's starting to get some attention in video analysis sessions, the next couple of weeks will be a litmus test for him, can he adjust to the way defenses are playing him now that they know his game?

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I suspect he's starting to get some attention in video analysis sessions, the next couple of weeks will be a litmus test for him, can he adjust to the way defenses are playing him now that they know his game?
    yeah that was my suspicion, though none of the back line were very effective. so it is unfair to single him out.

I still cannot get over how bad their tackling was, they fell off of WAY too many tackles :-/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Godwin was very quiet this game, not 100% sure why either....

According to the stats he lead the team in tackles, off-loads and hit 5 rucks...

Some of his hits in defence have been impressive, he certainly has the potential to develop into a world class 12.

http://www.thescore.com.au/matches/r...atch21266.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast