Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force go down to the Cheetahs 10 - 19 at nib in Perth

Unregistered

ATTACK?

Attack was great? you people must be kidding yourselves, 1 try - from turnover and you say attack was great?
    The attack lacks structure, it lacks width , it lacks skill and decision making what else?
    Sad thing is these coaches keep saying' oh but we are improving'! They have to say that don't they! Has the attack scored a bonus point four try this year? Considering they have played 2 out the bottom three teams as the other is themselves?
    Drop kick option, why- because they had nothing else - a hero decision by the individual.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

What about this great fitness coach who talks himself up! An earlier and previous posts have questioned the players fitness. Well the struggled last night and they were home, the cheetahs were spent and had one foot on the plane.
    He is a white elephant imo. The Force believed his hype and in so doing joined the long list of other sports organisations who have engaged him for short periods during his 10-year career. The team looks as fit this year as it has in any previous season. Personally, I can't see that his 'methods' have made much difference at all in a S&C sense.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The ref didn't seem too fussed about controlling the game, so was probably chummy with everyone on the field.

To have two fights start after a general warning to both captains and nobody marched shows that the ref was pissweak and didnt want to act at all.
    Really? So you would have been happy if the Force lost 1-2 players to the bin for handbags?

So who would you have put in the bin?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    My thoughts :-

Westie - he appears to have shrunk, and is not as proactive and cheeky as the last one..
    Thank you,I'm drinking skinny beer these days

Unregistered
    Nice Allison exactly, if he was any good these other organisations would have kept him. He is physio with some ideas about fitness that is what he is.
    The force attack has been hopeless, since mulvihill left. He engineered with the team 40 plus tries in less games - 13 games to be exact. A few bonus points there! Since he and Fearn (defence coach have left, Mitchell and Graham took the team to 2nd last, Graham and his cohorts took the team to 3rd last, last year the cohorts took the team to 3rd last and this year is looking on track to be the same.
    So since the board and Vern Reid had the bright idea to support mitchell and not what was actually going on with mitchell/players/staff, the rugygramme has suffered through incompetence and mediocre appointments.
    The players/mangement enjoyed Mulvihill and Fearns style and this was when Mitchell was given limited access to the players. Speaks for itself really, so two coaches who would have had four/five years experience with the organisation left or were asked to leave.Graham new to the comp was hoplesss and still is, Foley unsuccessful at Tahs, now Force struggling, Meehan inexperienced with this comp and it shows, Stiles, no Sharpie, Fowler punted by the reds so picks himself up a strategy/kickig gig - who do the players listen to in their decision making? Foley or Meehan or Fowler or Defence coach or maybe Stiles ?
    The best team in the world only have three coaches with some tech input scrum and kick/high catch experts.

vCash
    My 2 cents:

Pros:
    Great new stadium
    Alcock continues to impress, as does Brownie, Cottrell, Mathewson, Godwin and Mafi. Stanley had probably his best game (but see below).
    Tessman did very well coming on for Cheese. Cheese seems to have lost a bit of form this year, but I did worry when he went off. Tessman's play made me not worry about Cheese going down injured this year.
    The gameplan for the first 65 minutes.
    The 22 (Heywood) looked quite good - first time I've seen him, and he looked a big unit, but reasonably fast. Seemed to take the kicking duties rather than Godwin when Elbesohn came off.

Cons:
    Ma'afu is bloody awful. What's up with Keiran? He was pushing Ma'afu for a starting spot last year, but seems to have dropped away alarmingly. Even so, I'd start Pek and Faulkner and have Keiran on the bench because at least he doesn't give away 6 points in 5 minutes.
    Lynn needs to run harder (or indeed, run at all); I see him pass immediately more often than take the ball into contact.
    Madness had a quiet game (for him) and with Lynn not putting himself about the forwards weren't as dominant as they shold have been.
    Dellit and Tupou were solid when they did run, but kicked far too often (as did Stanley in the 2nd half) and often short, high kicks into traffic. Why? When done rarely it can catch the oppostion off-guard, but even then it's a low percentage play - keep the ball in hand (like the crowd were yelling at you) and you make just as many metres and retain possession.
    Elbesohn, despite some excellent play, had probably his worst game, especially with the boot.

But my biggest gripe was the ref. At 10-12 down we were around the Cheetahs 22 and the touchie called "White 17 offside", which the ref ignored. Then the play broke down and the Cheetahs broke away and scored their try. It should have been called back for a penalty (not that we had a better than 50% chance of getting it, mind you) but instead we lost by 9.

vCash
    Attack was great? you people must be kidding yourselves, 1 try - from turnover and you say attack was great?
    The attack lacks structure, it lacks width , it lacks skill and decision making what else?
    Sad thing is these coaches keep saying' oh but we are improving'! They have to say that don't they! Has the attack scored a bonus point four try this year? Considering they have played 2 out the bottom three teams as the other is themselves?
    Drop kick option, why- because they had nothing else - a hero decision by the individual.
    Who's this tosser?!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    That was probably the only call from the AR's that wasn't against the Force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Who's this tosser?!
    I'm using my tracking software to identify this impostors coordinates.
    Seems the signal is coming from a computer with the I.D. PHILBERT KEARNS?!? WTF!
    Where's a Lynch Mob when you need them.

Champion
    vCash
    Some people might not like that comment but Unregistered hit the nail on the head.No sense in trying to pretend otherwise

Last edited by westies man; 24-03-13 at 11:56. Reason: q

vCash
    Just watched the replay, and here is my summation:

Force defensive best since inception
    Force attitude best since inception.

Yes, we may not have won.
    Yes, we may have kicked away a bit too much possession
    Yes, it may have looked like the same old stuff.

But no what I saw and liked was exceptional "ticker", working for your mate, giving as best you can, that is the essence of the Rugby.

I hope the boys keep the faith and all of us supporters too.

I for one I am very proud of the effort and hope they continue this way, we have no ex factor players like most of the other teams so all we can play with is heart and soul and that is exactly what they did.

Lets get behind them, Come on the Force

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I for one I am very proud of the effort and hope they continue this way, we have no ex factor players like most of the other teams. Lets get behind them, Come on the Force

thats debateable... we have our own unsung heroes with their own brand of x-factor

vCash
    I actually thought our inside backs looked pretty bloody good in the first half. An entertaining 40 minutes of footy. Pity about the missed penalty kicks. You can't leave that many points on the field and expect to win.

Some bloody miserable kicks in general play in the second half. Little box kicks in your own half only apply (maybe) when you're 3 tries ahead and doing "crazy shit" to get the 4th.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    My thoughts on the drop kick........not unreasonable since we were 2 points down with about 5 minutes to play. he felt he was in the zone and got plenty of time for the kick. It was a reasonable decision. If he'd landed it, we may have won the game since we didn't have to play panic rugby and chase the clock. The execution was not so good obviously.

Controversy corner

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    If he could hit them off the tee we wouldn't have needed it; what made him think he could hit a moving ball any better?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast