Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force beat reds. Queensland in shock.

vCash
    Great effort from the guys. Really enjoyed seeing Alby sniping around the rucks and mauls at last.
    The sort of play from him has sadly been missing so fa,r and in this game, it showed he was keeping the opposition thinking. Keep at it Alby, it's always been a great part of your game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    Great effort from the guys. Really enjoyed seeing Alby sniping around the rucks and mauls at last.
    The sort of play from him has sadly been missing so fa,r and in this game, it showed he was keeping the opposition thinking. Keep at it Alby, it's always been a great part of your game.
    Yeah, but I wish he hadn't done it qute so much, because it made that prat Horan call out his name too much. It's MATTHEWSON you dick not MATHERSON.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    The defensive effort was fantastic, and not once did it look like the gaps would not be plugged by some covering defence. The boys worked for each other and trusted each other, as Foles said.

The whole team stood up and were hungry. If we are as hungry next week we'll account for the Cheetahs with something to spare.

Lineout needs work, though - we still miss Sharpie - good possession and field position sometimes lost.

And we need to look again at converting when in the red zone less than 5m out....

How far away is Ben Whittaker? It looked like only 4 of our reserves got on to the field, and Battye late at that...

What a great week this will be - especially with both the Reds and Tahs losing...!

vCash
    start with the hate if you wish but I would have liked to have seen a drop goal from Sias late in the second half just to make the win more of a sure thing.
    getting a try is nice, winning is better, shutting out the reds and denying them a bonus point would have been best.

vCash
    how do we think Sheehan is feeling about game time?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The South African connection has been awesome, Alcock, Sias and Godwin have been sensational in each and every game played, especially against the Reds. How gogod was that last atclke in the second half by Godwin, looked like he had years of experience.

Brown Dog showing great leadership without the title, and Alby certainly has them movong forward with confidence.

Madness is great find and Mafi is a treat to watch with ball ion hand and a bit space ahead.

If any two teams are playing such similar brands of rugby I would say it is us and the Cheetahs, should be an awseome match on Saturday.

Well done boys and thanks to the TAB and vbookie

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    how do we think Sheehan is feeling about game time?
    He'll probs have more game time with his new baby son!

Seriously though, what a great position for the club to be in with such depth at halfback! And what awesome mentors for Mick Snowden to have too!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    If Mick Snowden is a long term prospect and stays healthy, I can see Brett playing a lot of Premier grade on his return. Alby is a great get but has a 2 season time limit, the idea of which is partly supposed to be for him to train an apprentice. Seem to remember that JT will be running around in Premier Grade this season? Is he still EPS or Academy? I'd love to see him get a good run of health and a second chance at Super Rugby.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Seem to remember that JT will be running around in Premier Grade this season? Is he still EPS or Academy? I'd love to see him get a good run of health and a second chance at Super Rugby.
    IIRC JT was replaced by Snowden due to the injury. I'm pretty sure he's not EPS, which means not officially contracted this year. I don't know what that means for next year, would essentially depend on the contract status of Snowden and Sheehan (possibly also Matthewson, however I can't see Alby getting approved beyond the three years, we're not Queensland you know!)

C'mon the

vCash
    What's the latest on Sam Norton-Knight - I believed he was to be included coming weekend game?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The one time Canno gets it wrong.

vCash
    when ever he gets it wrong he should get a pie in his face

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Said to Canno after the game in Bris that I'd be quite happy if he pied the bloke wearing a force jersey every week as long as we keep winning.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Is that the time already.....TIC TOCC, TIC TOCC

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    There is nothing stopping us from re-signing Alby or Sias once their 2 year deals are up.
    I'm not sure where this leaves Brett Sheehan. He is still a quality 9 and this 5/6 month break may give his body time to get better and have one more season in him.
    I would still like to see WA talent being mentored by these guys. If we keep recruiting outside of our talent pool and academy then it means blokes are being strung along on false promises. Guys are stepping up and are good enough, they need an opportunity to show what they can do.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast