Justin Chadwick From: AAP March 01, 2013 6:31PM

WESTERN Force recruit Sam Norton-Knight will be aiming to play catch-up over the next fortnight in an attempt to gain selection for the March 16 Super Rugby showdown against the Queensland Reds.

Norton-Knight sent a scare through the Force camp on Monday when he rolled his left ankle during his first training session with the club.

Scans have since cleared the former Wallaby of any serious damage, and he expects to be running again by next week.

But after missing the Force's pre-season while he completed his contract with Japanese club Wild Knights, Norton-Knight admits he has plenty to learn over the next fortnight to integrate himself with the team's systems.

The winless Force, who take on the Bulls in Pretoria on Saturday night, have a bye next week before facing the Reds in Brisbane.

"The injury wasn't the best way to start my time here but the good news is it's not serious," Norton-Knight said.

"I stepped on someone's foot and my ankle just rolled a bit. It's just unfortunate.

"In terms of when I'll be available to play, that won't change.

"Physically, I'll be ready to go against the Reds.

"It's just a matter of coming to terms with the detail and calling systems.

"Hopefully, I can get the more important details under my belt and put myself up for selection."

Norton-Knight, who notched two caps for the Wallabies in 2007, has spent the past three years abroad, playing a season with the Cardiff Blues before linking up with the Wild Knights.

The former Brumbies and Waratahs utility can play fullback, inside centre or five-eighth, and said he didn't mind where new Force coach Michael Foley opted to slot him in.