Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: one of the worst performances ive seen.

Apprentice
    vCash
    As others have said line outs were woeful, goal kicking was woeful and they lost the plot in the second half.
    I thought they needed to change the game plan as they looked most dangerous with the forwards constantly quick pick and going as opposed to swinging it wide when the Kings had a set and rushing defensive backline.

I am not sure about the new 5 second rule, I thought it was to stop time wasting at the end of the match not put pressure on the scrum half. At the end of the match the ref just kept on repeating 'use it' which was obviously putting pressure on Mathewson to use the ball as soon as he got to the ruck, I recall once he said 'use it' before Mathewson even got to the ruck and Mathewson ain't no slouch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post

on the other side issue - Alison I am not picking on you or your post - you just brought up my biggest pet hate of the EWF. No Garnish here.
    No offence taken Ex. Much as I love social media, it IS rather gauling to see all the 'cuz' and 'bro' stuff after they've had the stuffing knocked out of them on the field in games they could and should have won.

Interestingly, not a single tweet was sent after last night's game though!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    What can you say, where do you find the words? Flatfooted armless defence, flatfooted mindless attack and a reversion to aimless brainless kicking. Might as well just let Hodgo kick the penalties too, for all the difference it would make. The panic, loss of composure and unravelling of both skills and structure - the only fitting thing I can think of is to make them watch the replay twice a day for the next week before they go into the morning and afternoon training sessions.

The real significance of that match may well remain to be seen though. At the end of this season the bottom team in the African conference is going to get cut. On the evidence of that it would be entirely reasonable for them to ask why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    What needs to happen now? Sack the coach? Sack management? Sack blokes?

In my opinion the club needs to be cleared out. It's desperation time and it this rate Perth just won't have a super Rugby team in two seasons.

This season is clearly a write off already, lets be real here, if 'The Force' was a greyhound, you would have already sent it for a one way visit to The Ethicist at Redneck Mountain.

Someone needs to do some deals, get some mining money onboard and get some decent farking livestock.

Get rid of the coach, get a real coach, maybe Graham Henry. Plunder mungoball, steal blokes from QLD (again) just beg borrow hijack, do whatever it takes to replace out current journeymen.

The club needs to start now. Write this year off (like the others) put blue notes in lockers and get rid of this dull bunch of bums.

Sorry to be harsh, but the team are that incompetent they may as well be in the Labor Party running finance.

I think it's perhaps time for us to say, we're not going to accept anymore of this utter horses.hit.

Anybody want their own Super Rugby club? If you've got the money, there's going to a franchise up for grabs in about 700 days.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Wow, is it 12 months ago already?
    You. Are. A. Twat
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    What needs to happen now? Sack the coach? Sack management? Sack blokes?

In my opinion the club needs to be cleared out. It's desperation time and it this rate Perth just won't have a super Rugby team in two seasons. Posted via Mobile Device
    Haven't we just had a clear out? Pump the brakes FFS

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    I had held off the decision to renew my two gold memberships until I had seen the first few games of the season. I've been a gold member since inception. I've had enough. I agree with what's been said here. The team collectively needs to stop tweeting, "honey badgering" and farting about and decide whether they want jobs here (let's not forget that) or whether they couldn't give stuff. Seems to me like they couldn't give a stuff. I don't anymore.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoolly Doolly View Post
    Bit of a reshuffle. Alcock has to start and Ebersohn needed for his kicking. Would have inserted Battye if he was on tour.
    Said it last week but really missing not just sharpeys lineout management but also his ball carries one out for the ruck and around the fringes. We lost the collision contest in the second half. Failed to stop Englebrecht from making extra yards and we carried the ball into contact too high or behind the advantage line flatfooted and static making it too easy for the Kings defense to smash us. Really lacking a big line breaking ball carrier atm. Big Mac seems to start fine and then fades away. Cotterall might be more effective later in the game. A smaller mobile pack has worked against the Bulls before. The discipline has to be good with Steyn of course.
    Alby needs to move the ball out of the ruck a lot quicker. Seems to push the new 5 second rule to the limit. He was doing fine in the first half and it showed.

1. Cowan
    2. Charles
    3. Faulkner
    4. McCalman
    5. MMM
    6. Brown
    7. Alcock
    8. Hodgson
    9. Mathewson
    10. Ebersohn
    11. Mafi
    12. Hayward
    13. Cummins
    14. Roselea
    15. Godwin/Christie
    I agree with your lock selections and Cummins at 13. Cummins needs to get the ball more. Stanley has not impressed with his two chances in 2013. Our locks/lineout have been very ordinary.

Hodgson at 8 allows Alcock to start. Best of both worlds. I like Cottrell at 6. The lad impressed me with some great hits and some good carries. His work rate is good.

I like mathweson and Christie at 9/10. They have been good

We have speed out wide. We haven't got the centres right yet. Godwin shows some ability but he looks a bit fragile to me. He isn't a good defender and although he seems to have good footwork and deft skills, I think he may be a better 10 than a 12. He is a work in progress and as a "local" it would be nice to give him a go. Jury still out. Keep him at 12 for now.

Our front row has performed well. I thought Pek Cowan was outstanding last night.

Lock is a huge problem for us. MMM and McCalman might be the quick fix.It allows us to get some more quality players on the field at the same time.

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    The disallowed try

They were told to use it 3 times so I guess the law is on the refs side. Technically, it was right to disallow the try.

The problem for me was I don't think h should have told them to use the ball. They had marched it forward quite a way and were just organising for another movement with a change of direction. They were only a few metres from the line, had the ball under control, the maul was up and it was clear they were organising themselves for a change of direction. It was the dumbest call of 2013 so far.

The Force often seems to be on the wrong end of the decisions.

It should have been allowed to continue and it should have been a try and it may have made the difference in the contest. If they were up 17-5 at half time, they may have been able to kick some penalties in the last 20 minutes instead of being forced to score tries as they were chasing the scoreboard.

The second half performance was the reson for the loss but that disallowed try was heartbreaking and did affect the outcome in my opinion. They also had massive momentum at that stage and may have put more points on them. The Kings were in trouble during that period of the game and if the blow torch was applied they may have rolled over.

The Kings weren't that great in the second half. It appeared to me that they became so scrappy that the Force lost their game plan and became frustrated and imploded. It was a scrappy stop start knock-on-a-thon and sh1te kick-a-thon for 20 minutes after halftime. We dropped to their standard and when MMM got binned we lost the plot.

The forwards got it together for the last period of the game but our backs gave us nothing. The centres don't cause problems for the defence.

Kangaroo Court is in session..........all rise

vCash
    Yeah some clarification on "use it" might be nice. He yelled use it and as far as im concerned if they start another forward momentum of the rolling maul that imo should suffice enough to using it. Fair enough if the maul was still at a standstill.
    Some of the officiating of the scrums were a bit odd in the second half as well.

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    I think the worst thing is that I was thinking before the game this is just about the beat team we could have fielded. Very few injuries which is unusual for us at any stage of the season.

Let's hope the boys get it together and have a better game against the bulls. I probably won't stay up to watch though...
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    That was comfortably the worst game of professional rugby I have ever watched.

vCash
    "Haven't we just had a clear out? Pump the brakes FFS".
    Spot on, it was shite and it makes me as angry as anyone else. HOWEVER, calling for the coach to be sacked, or for a clean out, two games after having done just that is bloody stupid. Let's just take a deep breath and realise the players and staff will be the ones hurting the most and turning the situation around is in their hands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stejwill View Post
    I had held off the decision to renew my two gold memberships until I had seen the first few games of the season. I've been a gold member since inception. I've had enough. I agree with what's been said here. The team collectively needs to stop tweeting, "honey badgering" and farting about and decide whether they want jobs here (let's not forget that) or whether they couldn't give stuff. Seems to me like they couldn't give a stuff. I don't anymore.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Email the club and tell them! Then it can be read to the team before each match and then they might realise that there are people watching and paying good money to be entertained and if they serve up crap there won't be anyone watching them.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I had to sit through that shite in the stand last night and believe me, seeing it live was fukn hard to take. There are NO positives to take from that performance. Wykes was shocking, the line out was a joke (why keep kicking for touch on penalties when we can't win the fukn lineout!!). Players need to put their hand up here & admit their shiteness. Honey Badger went missing for most of the game and when he did get the ball he had no vision. His attempted up and under was woeful so both he & Wykes get a 1/10 from me. The Force were given a lot of room to attack and often the Kings' fullback was out of position but not once was a chip over the defence used. There was room there. I suppose the only positive is the boys are feeling like shit this morning. Saw most of them at breakfast- they are filthy with themselves. My wee holiday was so fukn good until the Force got involved

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    It's good to see they are filthy with themselves;so are we with them---pay out on them for a couple more days,then get right behind them again

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast