Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: GAME DAY - SR2013 - #REBvFOR

Senior Player
    vCash
    Agree with all comments.

Still shattered though. As per last season, so much possession for so few points.

But our attack was better. The first quarter was as close to the best I have seen a Force side play.

We lost the game in the 44th minute when McCalman went the wrong way 5m out. The try at the other end was a 14 point turnaround.

We missed Sharpie. And McMeniman.

Sias will end up like Sarel Pretorius if he continues to play like that.

Another converted try would have meant a draw and a bonus point.....

There's no other conclusion, Alby's yellow was soft as.... and cost us the game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piet Van Ziel View Post
    The bleeding obvious...........gees we missed Sharpie. The lineout was ordinary and the maul defence was rubbish.

You can't win super rugby with a pop gun goal kicker. We need a goal kicker. It cost us the game.
    Hard to replace Sharpe but MMM will add to the lineout and mauling. Charles needs to work on his throwing as well.

Agree on the goal kicker. Can Christie kick? Who in the squad can kick straight?!

CTM FTW

vCash
    I've only gotten through the first half over here (it was on at 3:30AM, been sneaking a few minutes here and there at work), so I haven't seen some of the 2nd half meltdowns.

But, based on what I saw:

I like the offloading/continuity game - clearly a result of Meehan's influence.

Godwin made his step up the the big time. Goalkicking obviously needs to improve, but his footwork and getting his arms through for the offloads was excellent.

Don't need to say much about the lineout. I had high hopes for Wykes - let's hope he's just rusty from the long layoff. Faulkner and Cowen were good at getting over the line in the tight stuff.

Mathewson looks to be worth his price - great break in the first half, shame christie muffed the pass.

Christie looked decent, although not outstanding, and Alfie picked up where he left off...

So far, its been enjoyable rugby to watch. Sort out the lineout and the maul defense and get this train rolling with a W in SA!

vCash
    I'm not gonna bag the mistakes from last night. I 'm very encouraged with what I saw.

I was worried that we may have been a bit undercooked with the quality of the pre-season games compared to others. But that first 15 minutes laid that to rest.

I can only imagine with this being our first proper hit out of the year that we will improve drastically during the course of the season as long as we can keep the injuries to a minimum. There's a lot of firepower in the ranks that never got a look in last night.

Remember people.... rebuilding / re-launch whatever you call it, last night was a very good start.

Really think we would have won it if Alby stayed on.

We're gonna do some very good things over the course of the next few years!

(as long as we don't get another fuck-knuckle ref again! Probably too much to hope for)

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Set pieces need a lot of work, especially the lineout. It got better in the 2nd half but.
    All that possession in the 1st half needed more points.
    Discipline lads - needless yellow cards cost plenty.
    I expected better defence than that - I was not worried about it pre-game, but I'm worried about it now.

9,10 & 12 combination was pretty good. 9's yellow card was stupid. (by him, not the ref)
    All that continuity and patience with ball in hand was good.

Ebersohn's kicks weren't completely without merit - what if Paddy Dellit had caught that 2nd kick? he'd have been an effing hero, no?

Ref needs to watch the Rebel loose head prop.

Sadly I am 1 from 1 in the tipping. Sorry everyone.
    Ebersohn comes from the great line of Saffer 10's.........kick it. I read/heard somewhere that he loves to run? He should have been replaced after his first kick..........to make a point. It was a dumb play and reflects a mindset.

9,10,12 went very well. If we had some zip/power at 13, we would have put them to bed after 20 minutes. The opening 20 minutes was inspiring

vCash
    Piet, the answers to all you seek are in the wings.

1 Sias needs to wear a suit next week to teach him a lesson.
    2 CTM to the bench as backup kicker, he can replace Kyle at 12 and Kyle can have a crack at 10 if Sam needs to go off
    3 power at 13 to be provided by the mighty Honeybadger Stanley played well, but just not challenging enough for the opposition.
    4 bring in the injured players as they're ready, somebody who doesn't deserve to will sit as a result, but that's professional sport!

There is no reason on the planet why we can't win next week. I think we've got a lot of improving in us, since that is our first real game with 1/2 the team being new, but we might not win too many this year.

I can take that. If we lose every game like that, and win a couple I will call it a good start to the rebuild.

Here Enders the lesson

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    ...We lost the game in the 44th minute when McCalman went the wrong way 5m out. The try at the other end was a 14 point turnaround..
    Agree, disappointing move but he was responding to Alby's call and screwed up the execution.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    What about that Rebels prop with 3 legs in the scrum. Oarsum!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah. Thought that scrum deserved a penalty.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    There was very little wrong with the referee tonight
    Read the laws regarding scrums and you will maybe have different point of veiw. After watching the replay 3 legs Henderson should be his new name. How did the officials miss it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Read the laws regarding scrums and you will maybe have different point of veiw. After watching the replay 3 legs Henderson should be his new name. How did the officials miss it?
    "tripod"

vCash
    tripod is for massive tonks

henderson was getting beaten up in the scrums so resorted to cheating

how about pek's biatch?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9