Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cowan to captain Western Force against Rebels

vCash
    at least youre not a fence sitter... i reckon he will be fine, he has good tackling technique and is aware, thats all you need in that posi for defence, its his attacking skills that i think will do him justice and although he might not set the world alight at 12 it will certainly give him valuable match practice for his shift to 10, where i think he is much better suited.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Goodwin just hasn't the physicality for this level.Has nice soft hands and moves well off both feet but the my gut feeling is the rebels will send big ball carriers down his channel all day.Be interesting to see how he copes with that.Hope he proves me wrong.We'll see and remember who called it first
    I hope that's why Alby will be in Phipps' face all night with a very mobile backrow cleaning up the scraps (by which I mean Beale)

If we get the disruption of that partnership right, Kyle won't have too much to worry about in defense

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Scrum will be fine against the rebels front row - even better 2nd half when KBOMB comes on

Lineout may struggle - cheez needs to be on the money there

back row cancel each other out although Cottrell needs a storming 50-60 minutes before Brownie takes the field

Alby will be all over Phibbs

10/12/13 - where it will be won and lost the more Kurtley touches the ball the more chance the rebels have of winning . need to have him receiving crap service from phibbs and our backrowers wacking him everytime he touches the ball late if they have to

their big ball runners will be trucking it up at these three all game

Rebels will target Kyle and winston for sure they just need to step up and play well

Tupou could be exposed at the back through clever kicking by KB and JOC . can light it up early with some good touches which will set him up well for the rest of the match

wings we have good solid players and finishers there they just need ball with space , PD to look for hit ups to take pressure of Kyle and alfi to counter and support WT at 15

all things being equal and its a cliche but in these matches whichever team choses to play the most positive rugby WILL WIN , the team that makes early season mistakes or plays conservatively will be on the receiving end . Time to see who is going to walk the walk

vCash
    I want to see buckets of counterattack, with the pack they've got (apart from Fugly, who i dont know and pyle) they're all either old and slow or just plain old slow. Even Higginbotham is leisurely in defense, we need to run the ball back often and kick it smart. I reckon they'll play Beagle and Judas back in Defense and look to counter of anything promising so we need to keep the ball out of their hands. Run through the inept defense of weeks, Henderson, Sidey et al and get them having to make tackles in the cover. Avoid Higgers, Inman Beale and O'Connor in the run back and there should be plenty of meters to gain. After that, keep the play tight (as our pack is better than theirs all up) and be patient with when to spread the ball.

It's there for the taking, we just have to believe

C'mon the

vCash
    I believe! oh I belllllieve! amen.

Veteran
    vCash
    I got adrenalin pumping already!!! WOOHOOO!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Goodwin just hasn't the physicality for this level.Has nice soft hands and moves well off both feet but the my gut feeling is the rebels will send big ball carriers down his channel all day.Be interesting to see how he copes with that.Hope he proves me wrong.We'll see and remember who called it first
    mate when is the last time you have seen Godwin he has turned into a big unit most probably one of the biggest backs we have he cant kick like some but that is the only thing missing in his game
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Force A got up 23-16 tries to CTM and Hayward i think , reports are scrappy game ,

Burton is a star on the rise and one to watch ...Burton / godwin combo in the future at 10/12

Veteran
    vCash
    whats with JOC Hair??

Veteran
    vCash
    Go higgenbotham1!!! gonna give a penalty off the scrum too i reckon

Champion
    vCash
    Lineout not great?!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran
    vCash

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Force lost but I won $130 on Alfie Mafi first try scorer

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Kyle Godwin you da man. Missed those big names HB, MMM and hodgeson didn't miss more food Faulkner played really well and I was really pissed off to see no penalties to the force scrum when their 1 had his hand on the ground for the whole scrum and they scored a try. If that is all they have got with their full squad I feel sorry for them. Oh yeah did I mention Kyle you da man great foot work and consistently over the adv line good offloads needs the other players to realise this and run off him however he is not a kicker. Had a few beers and very one eyed

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Force A got up 23-16 tries to CTM and Hayward i think , reports are scrappy game ,

Burton is a star on the rise and one to watch ...Burton / godwin combo in the future at 10/12
    G'day wingman, any further info on the 'A' game would be much appreciated mate.....

“In 1823, William Webb Ellis first picked up the ball in his arms and ran with it. And for the next 156 years forwards have been trying to work out why.” - Sir Tasker Watkins (1979)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast