Thread: Berrick Barnes moving to Japan - Allegedly

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Berrick Barnes moving to Japan - Allegedly

Found here

Berrick Barnes is set to be lost to Australian rugby at the end of the 2013 season with the Wallabies star reportedly close to signing a deal to play in Japan.

The Test pivot, who has become such a valuable piece in coach Robbie Deans's Wallabies plans following injuries to key rivals, will replace New Zealand playmaker Mike Delany at Panasonic, according to Fairfax Media reports.
    The 26-year-old, who is off contract at the end of the 2013 Super season, has attracted plenty of interest from clubs in both Japan and France.
    His proposed move is also sure to be a blow to Waratahs coach Michael Cheika as he looks to reveive the fortunes of the ailing franchise.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...130-2dlk2.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    terrible news, 26 and he's already given up on australian rugby to play overseas

Barnes is contracted with the Australian Rugby Union until the end of 2013 and will need to be granted an early release from his deal to move to Japan at the completion of the Super Rugby competition
    and the ARU should say no - we've trained you, we've invested in you, we want a return on that investment - you leave at the end of this year, you leave forever - kiss the Wallaby jersey goodbye!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Senior Player
    vCash
    It seems to me if true he is nothing more than a dirty mercenary at least when George Smith left to play abroad he had amassed a great number of caps and will be considered a Wallaby legend berrick barnes will just be another bloke who pulled on the gold jersey of the wallabies a few times

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Another few good knocks to the cranium and he'll be no good for nobody anyway, make hay while the sun shines Berrick

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Another few good knocks to the cranium and he'll be no good for nobody anyway, make hay while the sun shines Berrick
    i have to agree there, you can't say that he was only here for a little bit. Played in 2 world cups, saved our bacon when it needed saving.

Good luck mate, i hope it works out for you, just kick less...

vCash
    Those knocks to the head worry me so he'd be one person I wouldn't begrudge heading to Japan, although I'd be sad to see it happen.

vCash
    Berrick is probably one blow to the head away from a centrelink disability pension

Sad to see him go but you can kind of understand why he wants to chase the big dollars

vCash
    Yep. Can't blame him. He's done his duty to his country as get as in concerned.
    Make the cash while he still can I say
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    The workload is MUCH less in Japan AFAIK. Entirely understandable in his circumstances, both Rugby and personal. Good luck.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Can we open a vbook on how many hours it will take for a news article to come out where Michael Cheika goes crying to the media that the ARU needs to keep the talent in Australia (read NSW)?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Let's see how he goes for a season, might re-ignite the fire in the belly, then we can get him to come here possibly.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Can we open a vbook on how many hours it will take for a news article to come out where Michael Cheika goes crying to the media that the ARU needs to keep the talent in Australia (read NSW)?
    Close...http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...131-2dnmq.html

Cheika is coming across as a bit of a pill at the moment. Maybe, just maybe, it is all the banging on about how his backline is going to run and take the ball into contact that has Barnes looking for the exit....?

vCash
    Makes you wonder though doesn't it? I thought expansion to three teams, then four with the Force, and five with the Rebels was meant to curtail the Aussie player drain? All those players that couldn't crack it with Qld and NSW would have a place to play pro-rugby at the highest level and vie for Wallaby selection, that's what it's meant to be about isn't it?

It seems everybody still wants to bugger off overseas! Meanwhile, we're stuck signing Kiwis!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    You'd think it would highlight how delusional they are in thinking the Shute Shield players are Super standard but for the opportunity. But no, they are still on about how that should form the basis of a third tier, despite it already losing $1.8M a year with no hope of ever ending. They need something better to develop players, 'cos what we have is just not cutting it.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Let's see how he goes for a season, might re-ignite the fire in the belly, then we can get him to come here possibly.
    Not sure how long Barnes's contract in Japan is for but by the time he comes back to Australian rugby there won't be space for him at the force as Kyle Godwin will have the number 10 jumper all sewn up