Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why is C7 not having the test broadcast LIVE and GWN gets better coverage!!!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    just emailed inside cover as well... I'm on a roll today lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I kept mine short. Sent this to the ARU and something similar to 7, 6PR and the West
    On Saturday night in Perth, Channel 7 have an english drama series (Heart Beat) and a Hillary Duff movie on at the same time the Wallabies play the deciding match for the Cook Cup.

Surely Channel 7 has an obligation to screen such matches live? If not, you ought to be ashamed.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    this was my email to inside cover

I'd like a name and shame in tomorrows west for the ridiculous decision Channel 7 has made to delay the Australia vs. England test match this Saturday, and put it back to the 9:30pm timeslot.
    They pay for the rights to show the game, don't show it live and replace it with rating breaking shows the likes of HeartBeat and Cadet Kelly. The former an ABC reject and the latter - who gives a rats arse what that is!

A game of sport with our International team playing should be shown live everywhere, there are no excuses except for the tyranny of distance

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Media tend to work on a factor of 20 (odd) to 1 in terms of feedback too, so the more noise the better.
    That is, if one person is driven to comment on an issue then (in their view) 20 odd are too lazy (insert other reasons here) to worry about making a "fuss".
    In terms of this issue I would think the ratio should be much higher.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I have always been a bit of a Hillary Duff Fan - has anyone got the email address for Channel 7 Sydney - I feel i am missing out on her movie, I have to watch a Wallaby Test Live.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    No to mention if it's on at 9.30pm in Perth, that also clases with a World Cup match!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs down

and here's the reply I got from ARU
    Quote Originally Posted by media@rugby.com.au
    Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, the decision as to when Channel 7 televised the Rugby was a little out of our control. We tried to get as much coverage as possible with Channel 7 across the country. I understand your frustration, although if you would like this to change in the future I suggest you inform Channel 7 of your disappointment.

Another alternative is to view the match live on Fox Sports.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I've received no reply from 7 yet, and nothing in the inside cover today!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I would think that while the ARU may be a bit disappointed at the delay, they would be delighted that their primary provider will get extra ratings from WA, which would be behind the last line to your reply Coach.
    If they wanted C7 to remain loyal they would have awarded the primary broadcast to them and not a pay provider.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    I have always been a bit of a Hillary Duff Fan - has anyone got the email address for Channel 7 Sydney - I feel i am missing out on her movie, I have to watch a Wallaby Test Live.
    Just go and get the DVD.Or shut up and stop bragging

vCash
    Email to WolfBlass...(you know, they who kept interrupting the restart last weekend)...

I would like to congratulate Wolf Blass for its sponsorship of the Wallabies and the air time your commercials recieved during the initial cook cup match last Sunday on 7 Perth.

Unfortunatly I won't be seeing the ads this weekend on 7 Perth as the station has, in its wisdom, chosen to delay the telecast in favour of a repeat of a crappy Lindsay Lohan movie. As a result I will be heading to the pub to watch the game where your ad will be competing with the Tooheys "For the love of Beer" campaign and I think flying Bambi beats wedgetail eagle every time. I am, however, happy to stay at home and watch the game if you were to put a kind word in to Channel 7 and get the game televised live.

Regards

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well done blindsid3...

I also got a reply from the ARU ........along the same lines as coaches reply.

I also got a reply from them about a fax number we can send messages of support directly to the Wallabies...I will post that in the original thread soon.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    My response from 7 in Perth. I would like to see those stats, might ask if he can provide them.

Thank you for your email.

Some of the upcoming Rugby Union Tests will be telecast live and others will be delayed. The games that are not live will be delayed due to News commitments or the Tests going head-to-head with a West Coast Eagles AFL match. In this case, the Rugby telecast will commence straight after the Eagles game, so that more people will have the opportunity to watch it, therefore exposing the game to more people. In the past the ratings figures have shown that up against a West Coast Eagles or Fremantle Dockers game the Test telecasts have attracted very few viewers.

With the Tests that are up against an AFL game, (but not a West Coast Eagles or Fremantle Dockers match), the test will be telecast earlier against the telecasted AFL game.

Once again thank you for your email.

Regards

Ray Wardrop

Program and Communications Manager

Channel Seven Perth

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    wow I did get a reply from Channel 7...

Thank you for your email.

Some of the upcoming Rugby Union Tests will be telecast live and others will be delayed. The games that are not live will be delayed due to News commitments or the Tests going head-to-head with a West Coast Eagles AFL match. In this case, the Rugby telecast will commence straight after the Eagles game, so that more people will have the opportunity to watch it, therefore exposing the game to more people. In the past the ratings figures have shown that up against a West Coast Eagles or Fremantle Dockers game the Test telecasts have attracted very few viewers.

With the Tests that are up against an AFL game, (but not a West Coast Eagles or Fremantle Dockers match), the test will be telecast earlier against the telecasted AFL game.

Once again thank you for your email.

Regards

Ray Wardrop
    Program and Communications Manager
    Channel Seven Perth

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    wow I did get a reply from Channel 7...

When Did Hillary Duff get signed by The Eagles or Dockers, or for that matter any other AFL team.

I could have sworn everyone is upset because the Test Match has been delayed for a movie. A lovely explanation by Channel 7, but it would appear it didnt answer the question

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast