Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: John Mitchell draws ire of South African player Jonathan Mokuena

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash

John Mitchell draws ire of South African player Jonathan Mokuena

Ex Western Force and All Blacks coach John Mitchell draws ire of South African player Jonathan Mokuena

FORMER All Blacks coach John Mitchell has been labelled a "demon" by South African player Jonathan Mokuena, who believes his country's ruling rugby body would make the "biggest mistake" in their history by reappointing the Kiwi to the Lions' coaching role.

Mitchell said he is keen to return to coaching duties with the relegated Super Rugby franchise after an investigation cleared him of wrongdoing following a midseason player revolt that saw him suspended.

"I want my head coach position back at the Lions," Mitchell said. "There is some unfinished business to do with the Lions. Furthermore, I am determined that my future will be in South Africa."

And Mitchell's lawyer Brian Patterson said in a statement: "With his suspension formally lifted, Mitchell has been requested to return to work as Golden Lions head coach [on Friday, November 9]".

When a Lions rugby supporters account Tweeted that Mitchell had been found not guilty and wanted the head coach role back, Mokuena replied: "that will be the biggest mistake in the history of SA rugby if you allow that demon back into the lions".

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/rug...-1226513813420

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Ex Western Force and All Blacks coach John Mitchell draws ire of South African player Jonathan Mokuena

FORMER All Blacks coach John Mitchell has been labelled a "demon" by South African player Jonathan Mokuena, who believes his country's ruling rugby body would make the "biggest mistake" in their history by reappointing the Kiwi to the Lions' coaching role.

Mitchell said he is keen to return to coaching duties with the relegated Super Rugby franchise after an investigation cleared him of wrongdoing following a midseason player revolt that saw him suspended.

"I want my head coach position back at the Lions," Mitchell said. "There is some unfinished business to do with the Lions. Furthermore, I am determined that my future will be in South Africa."

And Mitchell's lawyer Brian Patterson said in a statement: "With his suspension formally lifted, Mitchell has been requested to return to work as Golden Lions head coach [on Friday, November 9]".

When a Lions rugby supporters account Tweeted that Mitchell had been found not guilty and wanted the head coach role back, Mokuena replied: "that will be the biggest mistake in the history of SA rugby if you allow that demon back into the lions".

Mokuena is a neville nobody.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    neville nobody.
    Know what? I reckon Rex Messup is not your real name. It's Paul Vautin.

Dead set.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post

The biggest mistake was De Villiers.
    I still think most of these youngsters in rugby today can't handle a good kick up the old kyber once in a while.
    Same as the kid that walked out on me this week that I pulled up because he was giving a customer $20 to much change and he didn't want me to tell him in front of the customer!!!! F em! Give me an oldie any day.

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I have worked out that Gen Y actually stands for Why would anyone waste their time on them.

vCash
    A chocolate tea pot is more use than most of them IMO.

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I know it's a gross generalization and that the guys I have employed aren't exactly the worlds best and brightest but by god the young ones I've employed have been useless.
    What is really worrying is the difference between our kids and oversea's backpackers. Some farmers I know now run with a policy of never employ an Australian, they're lazy whingers.

vCash
    Ditto in England where employers often prefer to hire the hard-working Eastern Europeans than local Gen Y Nots!!

vCash
    i have a collegue who is going off his nut at having to work with a french girl that doesnt do as he asks.. hes a bit of a control freak so i can imagine he prefers working with young dumb lazy staff...

vCash
    Had an aussie in Asia working offshore recently, lazy as buggery. When told he was fired he starting ranting and raving about worker's rights and would get his union rep onto his case. After the laughter stopped he was told to bugger off and if he found a union rep round these parts he'd get a $10K bonus. Reckon the money's safe. I don't think Aussies are lazy, I think the unions and cotton wool wrapping, left wing greenie tossers have stuffed up our work ethic. Bring back performance bonuses. Gen Y don't have the role models we did

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    this latest issue just reinforces the fact that Mitchell has major man management issues

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    i have a collegue who is going off his nut at having to work with a french girl that doesnt do as he asks.. hes a bit of a control freak so i can imagine he prefers working with young dumb lazy staff...
    What's he asking her to do?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    this latest issue just reinforces the fact that Mitchell has major man management issues
    I don't think he has any "man management" issues at all, some pretty major "boy management" issues for sure...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    It wasn't just the players who had problems with mitchell over here,I assure you

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yes, but I don't think any off-field would have called him a "Demon"....
    Not everyone loves their Boss, but you make it work.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast