Thread: Controversial playmaker Quade Cooper has told Queensland Reds officials and fellow Au

vCash

Controversial playmaker Quade Cooper has told Queensland Reds officials and fellow Au

Controversial playmaker Quade Cooper has told Queensland Reds officials and fellow Australia players he wants to play for the Wallabies again.
    The same applies to his Super Rugby and Test halves partner Will Genia, who has come to terms with the Australian Rugby Union, with a three-year deal expected to be announced early next week.

And in an extraordinary day of reconciliation for Australian rugby, a Wallabies spokesman has confirmed that estranged Test centre Matt Giteau moved to heal his rift with Robbie Deans by texting the Wallabies coach at the height of the Australian team's injury crisis to offer his services in any capacity he was needed.
    Giteau's manager, Rob Smith, said the Toulon-based 92-Test veteran had been concerned by how hard the Wallabies had been hit by injury and only wanted to help, even if that meant going on next month's tour of Europe and filling a spot on the bench.
    "Matt is 100 per cent behind the Wallabies and he reached out, knowing that the rules as they now stand would prohibit overseas-based players being selected for Australia," Smith said.
    It is understood Deans sent an appreciative reply in which he complimented Giteau on his form in France's Top 14 competition. But no decision will be taken on whether an approach will even be made to the ARU board to reconsider its longstanding ban on the selection of overseas-based Australians until after Saturday night's Bledisloe Cup Test in Brisbane.
    Related Content
    Punishment: Ban Quade for a year: Connolly + 44 Relaxed: Cooper would be welcomed back: Deans + 22
    Meanwhile, it is understood moves are under way to bring Cooper back into the Wallabies fold, even though he will face an ARU Code of Conduct hearing within the next fortnight.
    In an explosive interview on Fox Sports' The Rugby Club last month, Cooper alienated almost all of his Australian teammates by announcing he did not want to play for the Wallabies.
    But Queensland Reds chief executive Jim Carmichael, who has met with Cooper every week since the player openly broke with Deans by tweeting that the environment within the Wallabies was "toxic", told The Weekend Australian that the Reds playmaker had told him and Wallabies captains James Horwill and Genia he still wanted to play for Australia.
    Watch the Wallabies take on the All Blacks LIVE from 8pm (EDT) on Saturday on Fox Sports 3HD.
    "He genuinely wants to play for the Reds and the Wallabies," Carmichael said. "He absolutely believes it is a privilege to represent his country and that he made a mistake in what he said."
    Cooper is understood to have met with the ARU's integrity officer Phil Thompson and explained to him that he was so nervous when he appeared on The Rugby Club that when asked whether he was prepared to play for Australia that weekend, he had said no.
    "What Quade has told me he meant to say was that he was in no state then, because he was feeling so despondent, to play for Australia," Carmichael said. The Reds boss said Cooper had conveyed the same message to other Reds in the Wallabies.
    "I can't speak for the other (non-Queensland) Wallabies but our group think highly of him," he said.
    Sources also have confirmed that Genia was angry about a newspaper report this week that he was considering taking a break from Australian rugby to play in Japan. The story is understood not to have originated from Genia or his manager.
    The good news for Australia is that the brilliant Test halfback, who months ago signed a three-year deal to stay with the Reds - after withdrawing from a deal with the Western Force - has agreed to terms with the ARU

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Time for the ARU to grow a pair IMO.

vCash
    "Oh I'm sorry I said something I didn't mean to say (even though it allowed me to begin my ARU contract negotiations again due to the crisis it was going to create)"
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    It's a bloody joke. And I haven't forgotten the insult about the yellow jumper. I hope others don't either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    "Oh I'm sorry I said something I didn't mean to say (even though it allowed me to begin my ARU contract negotiations again due to the crisis it was going to create)"
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The things I said, also accidentally slipped out on Twitter, and then again later on television for all to see and hear. It's your managers responsibility to decide what TV/media you do, if you were unfit for it mentally your manager should have had the sense to say "now is not the best time for you to go public with anything,". He really can't go back to the Wallabys now, if he does I feel it will give him "carte blanche" to do/say what he likes, it would be too destabilising.

vCash
    No matter how much the ARU want to paper over the cracks and have him back in the Wallabies to justify the outrageous salary he has been paid, this gaffe has ensured that he will now receive the same treatment from Aussie crowds as he does from kiwi crowds.

He's a petulant twat, who should got to France and play with giteau (in every sense of the term)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    No matter how much the ARU want to paper over the cracks and have him back in the Wallabies to justify the outrageous salary he has been paid, this gaffe has ensured that he will now receive the same treatment from Aussie crowds as he does from kiwi crowds.

He's a petulant twat, who should got to France and play with giteau (in every sense of the term)
    You mean our newest utility back?
    If they relax the rules for that petulant shit aus rugby is totally boned
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Christ on a crutch, who wrote that drivel? Do they seriously expect anyone to believe such obvious PR spin?

FFS Cooper should have been sacked after the first interview, sacked after the tweets, and sacked after the TV show. Giteau is not eledgible end of story.

The ARU is frakked. Incapable of acting with authority, incapable of making decisions. A laughingstock. Can you imagine Demetriou putting up with this BS?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Christ on a crutch, who wrote that drivel? Do they seriously expect anyone to believe such obvious PR spin?
    Wayne Smith and Bennett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Cooper is understood to have met with the ARU's integrity officer Phil Thompson and explained to him that he was so nervous when he appeared on The Rugby Club that when asked whether he was prepared to play for Australia that weekend, he had said no.
    "What Quade has told me he meant to say was that he was in no state then, because he was feeling so despondent, to play for Australia," Carmichael said.
    That is the best bit of bullsheet in the history of bullsheet that one! Far out! I know he's as thick as 3 short planks, but seriously!! And he wouldn't have a clue what the word 'despondent' means anyway - too many syllables in it.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    It's okay Adolf, we realise that you were feeling angry and aggressive at the time. We forgive you.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Apologies to sensitive eyes, but go fuck yourself Quade.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    Cull Quade; Beale looks good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt12 View Post
    Cull Quade; Beale looks good
    I tend to agree, IMO it's Beale who has the talent, and needs to be mentored. Kurtley clearly needs to understand that he's going to end up with F'All if he doesn't start learning to make better choices off the field.

vCash
    Maybe by cutting QC you'd actually solve both problems (especially Beale's).
    Posted via Mobile Device