Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Joondalup - Premier Grade Pretenders?

Apprentice
    vCash
    My sources tell me that Joondalup have very nearly ticked all of RugbyWA's boxes for Premier Grade admission. Will be great to have another Prem Grade club out of the city...go Joondalup!
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Dear Rumourmonger,
    My official position on Rumermonger and on any RM related matter is to have no policy on RM or on any RM related matter and to continue to ignore RM Posts.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Good luck Joondalup you will get there and with more and more people moving up there i guess along with Wanneroo the northern corridor could become a bit of a powerhouse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    where did you get that from? that is a completely fabricated lie. there has been nothing like this said or written by rugbywa or anyone

Sorry to disappoint you no.8 but that is exactly what RugbyWA have said.

Not getting into this one WT as it is a "he said she said" argument. Player poaching has been going on in WA way before Joondalup Brothers arrived on this planet!

Whole/part teams and individual players have left and played for other clubs. Purely accidental? I think not. RugbyWA cannot enforce anything. There are no regional boundaries and there is no rule to say a player cannot play for a club of his or her choice. What really needs to happen is that clubs need to do cultivation their own players not cherry pick from other clubs.

Having listened to members of the Brothers committee they have no intention of allowing this age old tradition established by the existing Western Australian Rugby Clubs into the club.

Joondalup will finally reap from the rich harvest of their junior player base. Those Joondalup Brothers have been "poached" over years are more than welcome to come home.

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Champion
    vCash
    Good Luck Joondalup Brothers, you've had a dynamic Juniors programme for many years, it's time to bring the same success to seniors.

Champion
    vCash
    Just for RM....Last night was nasty at the Neddies AGM - I was lynched, hung, drawn and quartered. One day Rooster next day feather duster...I balled my eyes out, cried like a baby... oh dear.... it's all over. I think I'll head to Rockingham....

Champion
    vCash
    I was told by the President of RugbyWA that to grow the game and reward Joondalup for their efforts, they would be included in the Premier Grade Comp in 2014.

Slight problem there. It is not up to the President. The clubs have the final vote.

I am told JB agreed to recruit players outside the current premiergrade comp., and grow their own.

I'm am quite sure they have agreed. But we all know what agreements are made of don't we.
    And

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Just for RM....Last night was nasty at the Neddies AGM - I was lynched, hung, drawn and quartered. One day Rooster next day feather duster...I balled my eyes out, cried like a baby... oh dear.... it's all over. I think I'll head to Rockingham....
    The members of any club love a bit of blood on the carpet at the AGM. Well done Hansie, sounds like you put on a good show.

RIP Hansie.

Champion
    vCash
    Actually WT, whilst clubs have a vote, so do the board. If it was left up to the clubs to vote, it would be a close call, because many still think RugbyWA aught to be strengthening the current clubs before admitting new ones. As unpalatable as it may seem to you, a respected board member does carry weight. JB would want to lobby the President and board and keep them on-side a whole lot more that trying to get all the clubs on-side.

Whilst everybody knows that JB could do what they like in player recruitment and ignore all promises or understandings, they risk losing the support of the board, because there would be many clubs watching this inclusion very closely.

JB has earned the right to join the Premierclub comp. JB will be the new kid on the block, how the new kid handles this privilege will count far more than peformance on the field.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hansie, you're supposed to be resting in peace, not lecturing Joondalup about rugby politics.

I thought you undertook to slide into the shadows after your tyrannical rule ended?

How about a long cruise?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I think he is looking for a pair of concrete gumboots,your size,RM

vCash
    They are all made to measure, gunny.

vCash
    The pleasing thing about all this debate is that the utter rubbish posted earlier has been left behind and some good dialogue entered into. I think JB are definitely a club to watch! There is more good news just around the corner so watch this space.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Any truth to the rumour that Brett Gallagher ex rugbywa education manager is now joondalups head coach?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Any truth to the rumour that Brett Gallagher ex rugbywa education manager is now joondalups head coach?
    Any truth to the rumour that RumourMonger is peddling old news?

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=32084

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast