Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Quay

vCash

Elizabeth Quay

I am really starting to like the look of this new development (though I still think the name is lame!)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...site-revealed/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    A mate owns the old Bells Cafe at the current jetty which will re open as Riverside, a small bar/cafe/function centre next week, perfect for work functions a quality meal or a quiet drink

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I'm a fan of the development

The name however sucks balls

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I havent been in Perth a while, but what the hell - isnt that the Barrack St Jetty where are the parks and Riverside Drive and stuff? and who let all the water in?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I havent been in Perth a while, but what the hell - isnt that the Barrack St Jetty where are the parks and Riverside Drive and stuff? and who let all the water in?
    Barney Rubble

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Looks like a good idea as long as there are plenty of bars around there.

I still reckon that the inlet will contain stagnant/smelly water and possibly rotting weed. Only time will tell.

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    wow, look how insignificant the bell tower looks.. LOL, should have put the money used to build that towards something greater, like the new quay.
    Although i don't use riverside drive much, i think some ferry stations with park n ride facilities at some of the stops, would ease congestion. Have ferries running from Maylands - Burswood (for the new stadium) - East Perth - Barrack St and from Shelley - Applecross - South Perth - Barrack St and another from maybe Freo stopping along the way at Bicton, Dalkeith, UWA and Barrack St.
    Just an idea, we have this great river, but bugger all ferry options, other than to South Perth, Freo or Rotto.

Last edited by RugbyFan; 13-09-12 at 16:19. Reason: spelling

vCash
    ahem...

Perth CBD Waterfront Redevelopment - 10 Reasons I Don't Give a Shit, and Nor Should You
    http://www.6000times.com/2012/01/per...opment-10.html

I love this article and all its wisdom!

(and if you at all enjoyed it, agree or disagree, this one is a right cracker... http://www.6000times.com/2011/02/per...n-bar-lol.html )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    A mate owns the old Bells Cafe at the current jetty which will re open as Riverside, a small bar/cafe/function centre next week, perfect for work functions a quality meal or a quiet drink
    Sounds very cool! Will have to give it a try :-))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Looks like a good idea as long as there are plenty of bars around there.

I still reckon that the inlet will contain stagnant/smelly water and possibly rotting weed. Only time will tell.
    Yeah, I've heard other people say the same thing about the water quality in the inlet. Seems there could be a problem with it 'silting up' too. Hopefully someone will think of a way to resolve both issues!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    The water's not been let in yet Ex - it's only an architect's drawing at the moment. But other than that you're spot on!! The idea is to make more use of the Perth city foreshore (i.e. create more opportunity for money to be made from one of Perth's best natural assets!)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyFan View Post
    wow, look how insignificant the bell tower looks.. LOL, should have put the money used to build that towards something greater, like the new quay.
    Although i don't use riverside drive much, i think some ferry stations with park n ride facilities at some of the stops, would ease congestion. Have ferries running from Maylands - Burswood (for the new stadium) - East Perth - Barrack St and from Shelley - Applecross - South Perth - Barrack St and another from maybe Freo stopping along the way at Bicton, Dalkeith, UWA and Barrack St.
    Just an idea, we have this great river, but bugger all ferry options, other than to South Perth, Freo or Rotto.
    Could not agree with you more about the ferries! We should take a leaf out of Brisbane's book in that regard - their river ferry system is great!

Anyone know why ferries have never really featured as part of Perth's public transport system?

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Could not agree with you more about the ferries! We should take a leaf out of Brisbane's book in that regard - their river ferry system is great!

Anyone know why ferries have never really featured as part of Perth's public transport system?
    Because before you so much as pass wind in this great city you need to form a working party, spend a few years researching yourself, then pay a private company to research the idea over a few more years, then go against every recommendation put forth by the independant researchers and then the government changes and all the plans go out the window anyway... then you promise to pass wind again and the whole cycle start again...

vCash

They are too modern for a state like W(ait) A(while).

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Perth was basically designed around roads, i.e. cars and buses. Even the railway was nearly shut down in the late 1970s. So basically from a public transport point of view it was all about buses until the last 30 years or so (that's a grossly simplified version).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast