Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2013 Promotional Duties

vCash
    I was at Twickenham for the opening games of the Aviva a couple of weeks ago and totally stunned my English mates when I told them that at all professional sports matches in WA there is no 'proper' beer, a very limited range of alcoholic drinks that you can buy, a limit on how many drinks you can buy in one go, a strict time period in which you can buy said drinks, and no drinking allowed anywhere outside the ground (or in public places full stop)!!

I saw loads of fans at the train station on the way to the game with six packs of 'proper' beer too, which they were drinking on the platform while waiting for the train.

Was there any trouble anywhere with alcohol-fuelled fans? Nope! Absolutely none!

WA's licensing laws are quite astonishing by comparison.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Rugby in the UK is the exception in most cases. Football over there you can't drink at your seats whilst some stadiums are actually dry. As for the people on the tube drinking, it was made illegal only a year an a half ago but the police there actually use common sense and figure that if people wish to drink on the train on the way to sporting matches it is best to just let them do so instead of hitting them with a ridiculous fine and making them rowdy for a silly reason.

In France at Stade de France it is a completely dry stadium, even for internationals. However they have a license to have stalls on the lead up to the stadium to sell booze and food.

I don't know if they still do it but I remember going to Carisbrook and buying a six-pack of Speights at the game for only marginally more then you would at a store, now that was great.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I don't know if they still do it but I remember going to Carisbrook and buying a six-pack of Speights at the game for only marginally more then you would at a store, now that was great.
    Yep, been there, done that, Force first away game in NZ in 2006, straight off the pallet and you don't need ice or stubbie holder, choice az bro

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    This young lady served us beers for the whole game at the Tokyo Dome during the Yomiuri (Tokyo) Giants Vs Chiba Lotte Marines in the Japanese baseball league a few years back...

We didn't even need to leave our seats... A keg of full strength beer on the back, quick draw pint size cups on the hip, and she just kept walking up and down the aisle the whole time. There was a beergirl on every aisle around the stadium (in short shorts I might add)... That is service!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Rugby in the UK is the exception in most cases. Football over there you can't drink at your seats whilst some stadiums are actually dry. As for the people on the tube drinking, it was made illegal only a year an a half ago but the police there actually use common sense and figure that if people wish to drink on the train on the way to sporting matches it is best to just let them do so instead of hitting them with a ridiculous fine and making them rowdy for a silly reason.
    I used to watch both London Irish and Reading FC at the Madjeski Stadium; you can drink at a London Irish game, but not at a Reading game (something I pointed out to soccer fans whenever I could!)

Also, there's no problem drinking on the train from Twickenham, as it isn't a tube, it's a standard above-ground train, and I don't believe they've banned drinking on them, yet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I used to watch both London Irish and Reading FC at the Madjeski Stadium; you can drink at a London Irish game, but not at a Reading game (something I pointed out to soccer fans whenever I could!)

Also, there's no problem drinking on the train from Twickenham, as it isn't a tube, it's a standard above-ground train, and I don't believe they've banned drinking on them, yet!
    Drinking on trains is defo still legal! I imagine the train companies make a nice little profit on the London to Glasgow route

vCash
    What was a stand out for me and Mr Hertryk when we went to a Rugby World Cup game in Cardiff 2007...was that we were walking around with drinks in our hands and the police were just glad to join in with the merriment...very relaxed jovial atmosphere.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3