Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nine chipping away at fans

vCash
    Anyone going to a pub to watch? Ordinarily would be to go but it will be filled with fumbleball fans tomorrow
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I've just checked the epg again after reading your post, BnB. It's listed @ 15:30 live on GEM.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Finally updated online too.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    This is why I don't bother watching any FTA channels. I just watch FOXTEL and can't be bothered with the others. Used to watch the odd program ( recorded because of all the ads) and they couldn't even get them running on time! It's not like most of the junk was live! Sorry but Au FTA is run by a bunch of amateurs who seem to have their own agenda.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'm not sure how you came to that question. What could they protect by this? Actually I can't see any sensible reason why they would do this. Surely a Bledisloe Test would out-rate a re-run of Kelly's Heros under any cirmstances. Ratings = advertising revenue. Isn't that the point of their business.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    What I mean Shasta is that if a network has a large investment in say AFL or RL, and a much lesser investment in Union, they may chose to show the Union late so that it will not take fans from the larger investment. Or they could be trying to frustrate fans so much that people stop watching Union and just watch AFL or RL. I'm just throwing it out there. I know it is s--t house, but with the money involved it wouldn't surprise me.

vCash
    My difficulty with that is that that station has historically chosen not to compete with other sports on other channels. I dont understand the business model of that. It's almost like their modeling has said they won't compete on any level in those markets and they would rather put any tripe up against the footy.

I don't know many people who even have to make a decision, ninety percent of the people I know will fall unquestioningly into one of three camps.
    1 I'll avoid the GayFL
    2 I'll avoid the rugby
    3 I'll avoid both.

Each of those camps won't need to make a decision, assuming I am acquainted with a representative sample, there seems to be very little benefit with putting the game on with a massive delay, forcing people who are not in either of those three camps to choose between rugby and sleep(I wonder how that will go) and causing the ire of camp 1.

I wonder, is the camp 2 lobby so fickle that they will boycott a station which shows a competing product?

Last edited by GIGS20; 25-08-12 at 07:56. Reason: Got my camps mixed up
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    FTA is run by a bunch of amateurs who seem to have their own agenda.
    Can only agree. Apart from their lousy coverage of Rugby, they have made some unbelievable blunders with my other fave sport - Mungo
    Last night we were watching Manly v Bronx. About 10 mins to go and we were suddenly watching Hot in Cleveland. This went on for abt 3-4 mins b4 I switched to Imparja. Dunno how long the f@ck up ran in total. Previuosly they have managed to switch between matches revealing the score in the match scheduled to be screened later as a replay. But wait there's worse. Earlier in the year, at the conclusion of the live match, they switched for the "replay". We were treated to pictures of the players shaking hands @ full-time with the final score emblazoned across the screen. FFS.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2