Thread: Mulvihill turns down Force

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

Mulvihill turns down Force

Western Force foundation assistant coach John Mulvihill has turned down an offer to work as a senior coach under the club's new director of coaching Michael Foley.

The Force have been looking for a No.2 to Foley since he took charge of the Force after quitting the NSW Waratahs three weeks ago.

Mulvihill, who has a long association with Foley going back to their playing days, is currently coaching Japanese club Kinetsu Liners and was a favourite for the job after originally applying for the top position.

He was expected to have taken responsibility for the backs, a position he held previously at the Force under John Mitchell.

Under Mulvihill the Force scored more tries than at any other time in their seven-year history.

However, he decided not to take the role because of personal and professional commitments.

He made the decision after discussions with Foley.

"My family are very settled in school and university on the Gold Coast and it would be unfair of me to disrupt their routine again for a relatively short contract with the Force," Mulvihill said.

"Kinetsu value me both professionally and personally and in sport these are the commitments that need to be honoured and upheld.

"I have a very good relationship with Michael Foley, having known each other for over 20 years.

"We have spoken previously about working together and we hope in the future that this may be possible."

It is thought that the Force, who have already re-signed Nick Stiles as forwards coach, will also re-sign former Force A coach Andrew Scotney who was part of the coaching panel that took over when Richard Graham defected to the Queens- land Reds in the middle of last season.

�Being part of the Wallabies leadership group should come with a health warning, with captain David Pocock the latest senior figure to succumb to injury.

Pocock suffered damage to the articular cartilage in his right knee in the first half of Saturday's 27-19 loss to New Zealand.

Will Genia will lead Australia in their return Bledisloe Cup bout in Auckland on Saturday.

Genia captained Australia once before in a World Cup victory over the United States last year when James Horwill was rested.

"He responds to that sort of responsibility and I've got no doubt he will do so here," coach Robbie Deans said of Genia.

Pocock said he wouldn't find out how long he was likely to be sidelined until after surgery today.

His injury continued the run of outs in the Wallabies leadership group. Genia is the only one fit.

Horwill (hamstring), Pocock, James O'Connor (hamstring) and Pat McCabe (foot) are out.
    "In sport these are the commitments that need to be honoured and upheld." "

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    shit!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Sign Todd Louden!

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    good!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    He caused a lot of instability during the JM era, kinda glad he's not coming back.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    How about a local WA prems coach?

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Louden or Meehan

In fact get both, one as head coach t'other as forwards coach. As much attacking nous as we can squeeze in

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor