Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Queensland Reds Summary Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Possibly because Reds fans arent so insular they are happy to participate in forums with fans from other teams.... Oh shit...
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Yep speaking for yourself. TOCC's contributed more to TWF over the years than you have.
    Things seem to be turning a little narky again. Just stop it, the lot of you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF1964 View Post
    Things seem to be turning a little narky again. Just stop it, the lot of you.

Yes, Mum....

vCash
    TOCC, we have all done to death the whole "how can you squeeze 12 Wallabies into the salary cap" bit, and bantered about the love of the jersey or singing the team song, or to play with your mates.

But the fact remains the cap is inherently designed to prevent a team having an all wallaby starting lineup. The Reds had just come off a championship season, with Genia best half in world and Cooper best 5/8 in world (and Horwill made Wallaby captain). These guys had to sign a new contract this season, their earning potential was at maximum (as opposed to when they last signed a contract after the 2009 season - remember that one?). They are professional sportmen, they have to earn as much as possible as quickly as possible. Injury could end their career in a second - just look at Cooper. Genia played ducks and drakes with Europe, then agreed to the Force for reportedly redunculously large sums.

Given the bubble is about to burst with one province rorting the cap with under the table "ground hire" payments, I believe it is only fair to ask exactly how any team with all wallaby start lineup can be under the cap.

And I do not believe for one second guys like Harris, Lucas, Shippers, Diggers etc are gooing to play for LESS than they could earn elsewhere. To suggest otherwise flies in the face of professional sport everywhere in the world in every sport.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I think we are getting a little bit personal and a little bit precious.

TOCC has and will continue to be a contributor to TWF for a number of years now. He has always carried himself and posted with a high amount of integrity. Please dont let the team he supports cloud your judgement of how much a good guy that he is.

I could be wrong - but TOCC Is not a board member or an employee of the Reds - he is a supporter. TOCC does not or should not have to answer for the Reds actions. TOCC may have an opinion on what the Reds board do - but that is exactly that. An opinion. He has always in the past shared his opinion when asked for it. I am sure that if you did now he would do the same.

Some of us appear to have the Ocean Blue googles firmly planted on their heads. I am not suggesting you need to support the Reds, just show a little respect for all of the members of this forum. No matter what their background.

I am yet to meet TOCC - but I hope to share a beer or a rum with him sometime soon.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Surprised Davies stayed to be honest, he is going to struggle for game time next year with CFS, Ioane, Morahan and Shipperly all showing good form in 2012...]
    TOCC, do you see CFS getting time playing on the wing? Or is he only a centre having to compete against Lucas, Harris and Taps? I'm not sure if he has the genuine pace of guys like Shippers and Rocket. There has been a lot of talk on The Roar about him, plus another similar islander name I cant remember, but it is always that he has the size and pace needed to combat giants like SBW and Roberts etc.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    You don't want to turn into an insular bunch refusing to acknowledge anything outside of your own province do you?

YES!!!!

vCash

Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    You don't want to turn into an insular bunch refusing to acknowledge anything outside of your own province do you?
    No way - at least not until after we secede

vCash
    Wait! I'm thinking............

C'mon the

vCash
    Too late.

vCash
    You've been posting here for how long and you still have to ask that question???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4